[3.4] Fire Nova Mine - Perfect League Starter - Low Budget - FAST - HC Viable

"
Zephyrcape wrote:
Hey man, your guide is awesome, probably the most comprehensive I've seen. I have some questions and comments about the hardcore tree since that's what I'm playing.

What do you think about going for skittering runes as a third Hardcore option?
You lose 15% Life, +20 base life and 1.8% life regen, but gain +20% curse strength. It also puts you 1 point away from Shaper, which is a nice 1% life regen.

Also, for the leveling trees, I found that taking Growth and Decay for the 2% life regen is an amazing QOL tech once you get The Covenant just to keep your life refilling from blood magic without using flasks until you get Combat Stamina.

Last, you said the build isn't Shaper viable because of the Flask issue, but with The Covenant and the 3.6% life regen from your life HC tree (or 5.6% if you grab Growth and Decay as well) that should be plenty of regen to pay for your mines shouldn't it?
I saw you already mentioned you would need about 500 per second, I didn't realize it was that high, I guess its because I'm not 6L yet. It looks like you would need GaD after all to get there, which would mean level 97 >.<

Hard to say which one is better , 20% curse effectiveness sounds pretty good. But I can't really tell you if it's worth it.

I used to play with growth and decay, it was even in my old (2.6) endgame tree, but I found I didn't need it.

The 500 life per second is just a wild guess, maybe it's less , but you really want to be able to spam mines without dropping at all. I think fnm costs around 200 life with a 6l if I remeber correctly.

Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Could you check out my character I made with your guide?
It's in my profile.
I decided 1 more mine isn't worth it (10 mines is often just 3 placements, 11 mines usually requires 4 placements reducing dps), that the cast speed early in the tree is more effective, that moving through the power node on the right side gives a more effective spending of passive points and on the left side I pathed differently to pick up another power charge.

I'd appreciate the feedback. :)
Last edited by World_Destructor on Sep 4, 2017, 12:07:19 AM
Thanks again for the fun with this build. I have finished shaper, beachhead maps and uber labs. I have yet to try uber atziri, but I'm sure the build can do it.

I enjoyed mapping beachhead the most as its a faceroll with this build.

ign: prodster
"
prod44 wrote:
Thanks again for the fun with this build. I have finished shaper, beachhead maps and uber labs. I have yet to try uber atziri, but I'm sure the build can do it.

I enjoyed mapping beachhead the most as its a faceroll with this build.

Wait wait wait, you killed shaper with FNM? That's pretty impressive. How did you do it? Didn't you run out of flask charges? Could you make your characters tab visible, would be very interested in what gear you used while killing shaper.

"
It's in my profile.
I decided 1 more mine isn't worth it (10 mines is often just 3 placements, 11 mines usually requires 4 placements reducing dps), that the cast speed early in the tree is more effective, that moving through the power node on the right side gives a more effective spending of passive points and on the left side I pathed differently to pick up another power charge.

Looking really good, but I guess you gave up on FNM since you got no helmet and amulet ? :*(
Check out my Fire Nova Mine Guide (3.2) : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1774498
Last edited by KikosLive on Sep 5, 2017, 4:24:18 AM
No, I made a labrunner (which you can see as well) to get that helmet echant on:

(the +2 Fire Nova Mine explosions)
So I store the helmet in my stash every time I play on my BV lab runner so I will have it available when I run uberlab.
I also use my Bisco's on that labrunner:

So I switch that around too.

I started Harbinger League with your FNM build, used that to farm up for that QotF 5B1G 6L for the labrunner (costed me around 10 ex) to get the helmet enchant for FNM on that helmet, but then I ended up doing everything else with the labrunner build, sorry :x
That labrunner build clears faster and can probably do all content, haven't tried guardians with it though or shaper.
You build just doesn't feel so great with temp chain, Hexproof and no regen or reduced regen.

But seems like you're worse than me, you stripped your FNM build almost completely from items. xD

Do you agree though that 1 more mine to have 11 maximum mines is a bit redundant to get? The build only has a 20% chance of placing an additional mine/cast (so 10 is pretty much ideal unless you can get it to 13 or so).
Last edited by World_Destructor on Sep 5, 2017, 12:16:27 PM
"
It's in my profile.

I didn't play firenovamine this league , and usually I strip all my chars in standard to put their equip in my stashes. About 10 or 11 mines, in the end its just one skillpoint so ... doesnt really matter and it's up to personal preference.
"
KikosLive wrote:

Wait wait wait, you killed shaper with FNM? That's pretty impressive. How did you do it? Didn't you run out of flask charges? Could you make your characters tab visible, would be very interested in what gear you used while killing shaper.

This was my first league trying to kill him, I tried 5 times, killed him 3 times and got a starforge! I ran out of pots once, but I usually died to a random one hit before I ran out of pots.

I made my tab visible (what does that do?) I made some passive skill changes since I killed shaper: I lowered life by 250, but increased tooltip dps to 12600 from 9300. I'm leveling now to get the health back. I also use anger instead of the second curse. I find temp chains to be more than enough for mapping (116/126 atlas).

The biggest difference I think is that I heavily focused on crit multiplier in skills and jewels. This guy adds like 800 dps and I hope all those multipliers work for me haha:

Rarity: Rare
Chimeric Vessel
Cobalt Jewel
--------
Item Level: 79
--------
+11% to Global Critical Strike Multiplier
+12% to Critical Strike Multiplier for Spells
+17% to Critical Strike Multiplier with Fire Skills
5% increased maximum Life
--------
Place into an allocated Jewel Socket on the Passive Skill Tree. Right click to remove from the Socket.

ign: prodster
I play a first character follow your build in Chinese league.
So far I level 90 and it's going well.
I've noticed that your Minefield Gem level maxed without quality,and I read the instruction of Minefield with quality,it will reduce the damage but widen the range.I wondered it's not have to prove the Minefield quality?
(Sorry for my awful English :))
Last edited by Swantar on Sep 6, 2017, 1:13:29 PM
Hi man first of all great build I'm having a ton of fun first time doing mines and it's the furthest I have gotten as for endgame content.

Sooo I have killed shaper for the first time few days ago after 2 failed sets but yesterday was my first deathless run I have to say this isn't hard at all once you learn the fight I ha no problems with flask charges but I am useing the flask pantheon my tool tip is only around 5.6k atm and for whaler I decided running ele weakness and enfeeble helpt much more then doing temp chains and enfeeble sadly after a total of 14 kills i got 12 pair of glover and 2 pair of boots #cry..... I have yet to try to do uber atziri (darn those sets are expensive).

I saw you mentioning that empower isn't worth it realy but I will ask it again is it still not worth it even on a +1 body? Manna gedaan to voicing craft one yesterday and am trying to sell my other 2 6 links now so I can buy uber fragments hahaha.
Anyhow I would apricite it if you could take a look at my gear and stuff and throw some ideas for improvement my way. I plan to hit 95 this weekend and pick up some more life what would place me at over 6k life and around 1.3 k es (dont recal exact numbers) feel free to brows through my character tab and take a look
"
Swantar wrote:
I play a first character follow your build in Chinese league.
So far I level 90 and it's going well.
I've noticed that your Minefield Gem level maxed without quality,and I read the instruction of Minefield with quality,it will reduce the damage but widen the range.I wondered it's not have to prove the Minefield quality?
(Sorry for my awful English :))

Your english is quite good :) no worries.

So "Mine Detonation Area of Effect" does nothing for us. It's not the same as Area of Effect and is only important for mines that are projectiles and therefor have to target the enemies (for example ice spear mines); so it highers the range enemies can be targeted. You also notice that I am not skilling this node in the skill tree (behind the clever construction node).

So quality on Minefield is useless for FNM.

"
MrHobbitFFXIV wrote:
Hi man first of all great build I'm having a ton of fun first time doing mines and it's the furthest I have gotten as for endgame content.

Sooo I have killed shaper for the first time few days ago after 2 failed sets but yesterday was my first deathless run I have to say this isn't hard at all once you learn the fight I ha no problems with flask charges but I am useing the flask pantheon my tool tip is only around 5.6k atm and for whaler I decided running ele weakness and enfeeble helpt much more then doing temp chains and enfeeble sadly after a total of 14 kills i got 12 pair of glover and 2 pair of boots #cry..... I have yet to try to do uber atziri (darn those sets are expensive).

I saw you mentioning that empower isn't worth it realy but I will ask it again is it still not worth it even on a +1 body? Manna gedaan to voicing craft one yesterday and am trying to sell my other 2 6 links now so I can buy uber fragments hahaha.
Anyhow I would apricite it if you could take a look at my gear and stuff and throw some ideas for improvement my way. I plan to hit 95 this weekend and pick up some more life what would place me at over 6k life and around 1.3 k es (dont recal exact numbers) feel free to brows through my character tab and take a look

So first of all grats for killing shaper, you are probably a better expert with FNM than I am.
You have some insane pieces of gear; the only thing that I am missing is crit chance. I guess your crit chance must be pretty low. I would try to get a shield with cc and also a weapn with cc.
Diamond rings are also better than opal rings I think. Not a fan of Starkonjas head for this build but I know its hard to get the enchantment.

About empower. I corrupted my Covenant in Path of Building for +1 to socketed gems and when I use FirePen (20/20) I have 6458 dmg and with Empower 4 I have 6786 dmg. So yes if you got a +1 gems covenant, Empower 4 is better than fire pen.

Last edited by KikosLive on Sep 7, 2017, 9:07:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info