Essence As a Core Game Mechanic

"
we wanted to keep the Essence items in Path of Exile, though at a lower frequency. The occurrence of Essences will be around one sixth of what it was.

Thats super hurt nerf, im sad. Essence was actual first step to real crafting players could control and play with, why removing it? Now it will be only trading, no longer crafting.

Please dont make them so rare, essence = fan and cool.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
tobes111 wrote:
"
ArlindoBerto wrote:
I would like to make a reasonable comment, post my reasonable opinion, but i understand im no streamer, so no one can listen to me, what a shame..

More content added to the core game, still, the same 4 stash tabs remain, still, less room to store things, this is unbearable. Please add at least one more stash tab, more and more content is added each league..

Congtrats with the essence changes, the effect on prices are limited though, the anouncement is not streamed, but still better, more equilibrium. Now delirium can be used for other things more often, current prices are prohibitive.

You should know by now the introduction of

1) cards
2) essences
3) junk uniques

Are all designed for players to buy more stash tabs....

Eve been complaining since before cards, but im no streamer, no one cares about my poor little stash tabs, organized ones i must say..
Just make the next league Beyond-Invasion-Perandus. It's all we've ever wanted.
"
Xcias wrote:
Please, as it is going to be core, do a "essence" tab stash. Also I ask for a "map" tab stash. Tks GGG you're awesome. :)
That would be awesome

Some sort of Chrystalised tab, blue crystal like essence mobs
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Nov 21, 2016, 6:22:07 PM
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
"
we wanted to keep the Essence items in Path of Exile, though at a lower frequency. The occurrence of Essences will be around one sixth of what it was.

Thats super hurt nerf, im sad. Essence was actual first step to real crafting players could control and play with, why removing it? Now it will be only trading, no longer crafting.

Please dont make them so rare, essence = fan and cool.

Agree with you, they made the same mistake with profecy, hope they reconsider.
"
Xcias wrote:
Please, as it is going to be core, do a "essence" tab stash. Also I ask for a "map" tab stash. Tks GGG you're awesome. :)

+1

Map stash tab would be more difficult as maps can have individual properties, but essences are bulk items and already stackable.
"
Qarl wrote:
As the overall benefits were positive, we wanted to keep the Essence items in Path of Exile, though at a lower frequency. The occurrence of Essences will be around one sixth of what it was.

I've been thinking a lot about Essence League, and while I enjoyed it I'm surprised you've made the decision to bake it into Standard. I'm not sure it'll work well as a permanent addition to the game.

Most Essences you find will be irrelevant to your build, and most relevant Essences won't roll a good enough item. I'm concerned that they might be rare enough that the swing and a miss of an irrelevant / poorly rolling Essence will add more frustration or disappointment than anything.

I'm definitely glad to hear that the massive amount of lowbie Essences is being dealt with so we don't feel most Essences we see are 'wasted'. That'll help the system feel more rewarding.

As for whether Path of Exile really needs another way of acquiring very powerful items permanently added to the game, that's probably a story for another thread - I do think it's a conversation worth having.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Retroactive nerfs are killing this game for me. My main reason to invest time and effort in the challange leagues is to get good stuff to play around with in standard. When legacy characters are destroyed after they reach standard it just feels like a big waste of time.

Voltaxic/spark dubble nerf would have been alright if Voltaxic stayed legacy. It did not.

Reach of the Council luckily stayed legacy. If it hadn't, I would probably not be here playing essence league now.

My decay witch was only kind of ok, so I would probably have abandoned her anyway. But still... not sure if I have the energy to chase yet another nerfed item next league.

Excellent! Now I don't have to worry about not having the same freedom in the new league. Also that does indeed seem like a better drop exchange. 1/6th the previous encounter but now we always get the best possible essence we are able, no more mass stash of low essence, now when we encounter it in maps its relevant and always the best drop we can get at that point in time.

However this raises a question, will you be adding MOAR slots to our lovely currency tabs? Will this now be the first tab to ever have a scroll bar or sub tab for our new currencies? The misc currency slots at the bottom work for coins and other sum such but not for the sheer mass of essences we can now gather.
Whats it gonna b GGG?
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
Not bad. Essences did seem a bit overpowered to high-end crafters who could easily afford to hoard and spam them, but their existence is a big help to newer players and when starting a fresh league.

People are neglecting to factor in that preventing the lowest tiers from dropping means you can trade up to the higher tiers a bit more easily, so it's not gonna be a full 1/6th fewer total essences in practice. Finding "whispering" essences in maps was quite annoying, after all, and as the OP stated, it meant you had a ton of useless low-level ones lying around.

In any case, I guess I need to try to make one of those attack speed gloves now, eh?
https://redd.it/p0hyul

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info