Essence As a Core Game Mechanic

"
B3RTY wrote:
we encouraged players to extensively use the essences..
but now we nerf them.. quote...The occurrence of Essences will be around one sixth of what it was.
so, you can use them.. IF YOU FIND THEM... facepalms.

1/6 will be fine. On average, there are currently 2 encounters in every zone. Going to 1 encounter every 3rd zone will be good enough, especially in a new challenge league where something else is ramped up to drop a lot.
"
silumit wrote:

can still be legacy currency like eternals.

They said only delirium essences changes will be retroactive.
"
Oldsch00l wrote:
"
silumit wrote:

can still be legacy currency like eternals.

They said only delirium essences changes will be retroactive.

Eternals are only legacy because they no longer drop. They do not have different existing versions.

All essences will roll new mods, existing items won't change (cept Decay of course). This has to do with how things are stored, it's the same reason sometimes uniques don't go legacy, certain things call on a mechanic and if the mechanic changes then all versions change. This is why Decay items are changing, Decay itself is changing. But an ES roll is just an ES roll stored locally, so it doesn't change.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Going to 1/6th is fine because they're culling the dumb Whispering/Weeping essences you CONSTANTLY find in maps. You'll probably get more useful essences with this reduced rate.
My Keystone Ideas: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/744282
Personally i disagree with the retroactive nerfing of Decay (Essence of Delirium). It would have been more fair if all effects/equipment were retroactively changed and not just one.
Time to farm/hoard essences of woe to sell as legacy in standard. Weeeeee freee exalts!! I love this game!
"
Qarl wrote:
The occurrence of Essences will be around one sixth of what it was.

Oh Great, that's fucking Great! In Essences League the average was 1 every 2 maps and we had only trash, now there will be less trash but we'll never see them. Why do you bother with it ggg, remove it at least we won't be trolled.

This is one of the biggest problems of this game: you have plenty of good things/encounters (tormented spirits, strongbox, Vaal Area for example) but we only see them while pexing a character. Once we begin maps nothing exist anymore (or almost). And you do the same with the mechanics specific of a league.
:)
I called this one so Pllllppp to everyone that said essence's wouldn't stay.
"
khanlid wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
The occurrence of Essences will be around one sixth of what it was.

Oh Great, that's fucking Great! In Essences League the average was 1 every 2 maps

I was reliably finding multiple essences per map. They're also skewing the essences toward higher tiers in maps by making the low-tier essences stop spawning in high-level areas -- with Whispering and Muttering essences not spawning in Maps, the lowest-tier essence you'll be able to find in a Map will be worth nine of the lowest-tier essence you can find now.
[img]http://image.prntscr.com/image/2e57fcaba2ea48cc9832fecc55c6d0d6.png[/img]
Last edited by Commoble on Nov 22, 2016, 12:57:10 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info