[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

"
Biratancho wrote:
When looking for Shaped trap gloves, is the %trap dmg or the 1 extra trap better for us along with the Trap support?

for trappers usually +1 is better
"
MasterK18 wrote:
Lookin through your Gear, i realized that u have allmost No Dex on any Item, and i allready get problems at Cluster Trap level 4 to even Level up Because of Missing Dex. Feels like u need around 120 Dex for the Max Level Cluster Traps or the Others. Where do u get all the Dex from?

Early on, you want to skill that big dex node you skill along. Later, go grab gear so +dex or all stats on your Amulett And rings, possibly gloves. Getting the Atziri Amulett for levelling also does wonders, as it reduces stat requirements.

"
Biratancho wrote:
When looking for Shaped trap gloves, is the %trap dmg or the 1 extra trap better for us along with the Trap support?

The issue is +1 Trap interferes with Elemental Equilibrium, meaning that every additional trap you throw in total will deal less damage. Going with +x% Trap Damage keeps that issue out... And your wallet not empty. Because Shaped Gloves with +1 Trap are excessively expensive.
Ah very good point about interfering with EE! Thanks. I am starting to build up pretty nice crit numbers but that's because I run a rare crit shield instead of rathpith, not sure if worth it yet. Will be better with higher budget for sure. Also considering replacing one of the life flasks with a diamond one and putting the freeze/bleed removal from it on the mana flask. This would mean I lose curse removal but it isn't that big of a deal. Would be especially powerful if I manage to get a Diamond flask with the mastermind crit mod on it. Another option is using it instead of quicksilver strictly for bossing.

Also, I had terrible luck with uber lab yesterday. The first time I did it I left in the end without picking up my asendancy points. The second time I died to last phase Izaro after killing him LOL. Hopefully I manage to use my brain today.

Regardless, thanks again for the guide, it's a fun build and I feel like I am already powerful and there are soo many options for upgrade still.
Last edited by Biratancho on Mar 13, 2019, 6:27:35 AM
"
MrMoho wrote:
"
MasterK18 wrote:
Lookin through your Gear, i realized that u have allmost No Dex on any Item, and i allready get problems at Cluster Trap level 4 to even Level up Because of Missing Dex. Feels like u need around 120 Dex for the Max Level Cluster Traps or the Others. Where do u get all the Dex from?

Early on, you want to skill that big dex node you skill along. Later, go grab gear so +dex or all stats on your Amulett And rings, possibly gloves. Getting the Atziri Amulett for levelling also does wonders, as it reduces stat requirements.

"
Biratancho wrote:

The issue is +1 Trap interferes with Elemental Equilibrium, meaning that every additional trap you throw in total will deal less damage. Going with +x% Trap Damage keeps that issue out... And your wallet not empty. Because Shaped Gloves with +1 Trap are excessively expensive.

wouldnt cluster trap interfere with EE then?
"
wouldnt cluster trap interfere with EE then?

It does, yes, but I previously explained that is does not do so much that Cluster Trap no longer is worth it. Essentially, if explained simple, EE will cause more damage if 1 or 2 traps hit from a single cluster, the same if 3 hit as without EE and less if 4 hit.

Back in the day, when Cluster still added 3 additional traps, a fifth was just too much, but these days, +1 Trap might very well still more effective than flat added Trap Damage, but I usually don't go for it since they are quite expensive.
DId u ever Play around with Level 4 Empower in the Other Slots? Couldnt it be better then f.e. the Res Penetration Gems or the Inceased Crit Damage Gem u use?

Edit: I just realized u actually do exactly that, so nevermind lol

Also, can i see the Whole Area Damage Buff i accumulated? I can only find the AoE Numbers, but No AOE Damage
Last edited by MasterK18 on Mar 13, 2019, 9:52:24 PM
I've been loving this build up through near the end of Act 10. Died a ton at Kitava, but figured it was just a fluke. In the maps, just level 1 so far even, though, I feel like I'm not outputting enough damage and am dying pretty quick. My health seems pretty low and I only noticed that you put a big emphasis on Energy Shield, so I'm planning on trying to gear that out better. But, I'm not sure that is all that is going on. Can you give me an opinion on my build? Thanks

The level 72 Saboteur found here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AR_FA/characters
Last edited by AR_FA on Mar 15, 2019, 12:12:58 PM
Have you given any thought to using Purifying Fire Trap vs fire trap? I've been messing around with it for leveling and its explosions are quite deadly!
"
AR_FA wrote:
I've been loving this build up through near the end of Act 10. Died a ton at Kitava, but figured it was just a fluke. In the maps, just level 1 so far even, though, I feel like I'm not outputting enough damage and am dying pretty quick. My health seems pretty low and I only noticed that you put a big emphasis on Energy Shield, so I'm planning on trying to gear that out better. But, I'm not sure that is all that is going on. Can you give me an opinion on my build? Thanks

The level 72 Saboteur found here:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/AR_FA/characters

Im not the Expert here, but I would suggest you Grab urself a Divinarius and the Carcass Jack, its not that expensive and u should be fine to grab those, they help a ton to start the Mapping Process with. Ur Dagger is straight up Horrifying :) The Combo of ES and Life is the Key, iam currently around 5200 combined, and i didnt even bought a Helmet, Rings, solid Belt, Gloves and Amulet, which would all boost the Pool even more. Ur total Pool should really not be a Problem here, just follow the Thread Openers Mana/Life/ES Path on the Tree. What i feel to see on ur Tree is u going for Crit Multipliers, but u dont have any Crit Chances. Multiplier is a Dead Affect if u dont have constant Crits Triggering. Speaking of Crit, its very important for this Build, Especially for the Higher Crit Traps, in this Case Fire and SHock Nova.

In total for you : Buy Divinarius (1c), Carcass Jack (some C on garbage rolls), Grab Jewellery with Life, Mana Reg and ES, matter of Fact, try to grab ES on allmost all Items. Get a Better SHield and Get Crit Strike Chance nodes (Also comes with Divinarius and a Huge Shield.

I personally love the Build. Sad is that my PC is old, and i dont know why SHock Nova has such an Insane AOE with Cluster Traps, but my PC doesnt like it :D Lag Spike on every Trigger. What i love the Most is the Ascendancy that gives around 1000 Life Regen per Second. Gorgeous.

Very Nice Build and Lot of Fun to play. Kudos to the Opener

Edit: Also to the TO, did u come to a Conclusion on which is now the better Boss Trap? Fire or Ice?`Ice seem to have so much more Damage. It has allmost The Same /More Damage with Cluster Traps then a Single Fire Bomb. But u said the Burning Ground is not to be under Estimated, so which one is the Top one?
Last edited by MasterK18 on Mar 16, 2019, 8:19:38 AM
"
MasterK18 wrote:

Edit: Also to the TO, did u come to a Conclusion on which is now the better Boss Trap? Fire or Ice?`Ice seem to have so much more Damage. It has allmost The Same /More Damage with Cluster Traps then a Single Fire Bomb. But u said the Burning Ground is not to be under Estimated, so which one is the Top one?

It appears that Fire Trap will still deal more damage per hit, especially in a six link. Of course, it only does so after it hits a target already burning, ergo one on top of the fire ground from a prior Fire Trap. So, for bosses and such, Fire Trap should be the main pick, still.

"
Skortch wrote:

Have you given any thought to using Purifying Fire Trap vs fire trap? I've been messing around with it for leveling and its explosions are quite deadly!

Purifying Fire Trap? Do you mean connection Purifying Flames with Trap? I'm honestly not sure what skill you are talking about.
Last edited by MrMoho on Mar 16, 2019, 10:03:50 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info