[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

Thanks for clarifying, mate! So far I am up to Blood Aqueducts and it's been real fun. Ice trap feels great. Am I right in thinking that Ice Trap is basically enough for clear and I should only use shock+fire for the stronger rares/beasts/bosses?

And last question: In terms of auras, we go for clarity and blasphemy + ele weakness (or temp chains) or just clarity and leave a buffer for MoM?

Thanks again for your time!
"
Biratancho wrote:
And last question: In terms of auras, we go for clarity and blasphemy + ele weakness (or temp chains) or just clarity and leave a buffer for MoM?

Thanks again for your time!

I usually start off by just going with clarity early on, but when mapping, you should have enough Mana to also activate a blasphemy aura.

I'm glad you are enjoying the build! Ice Trap might outdo Fire Trap, but I won't be too certain. The burning ground damage of Fire Trap shouldn't be forgotten about, either. We'll see how it turns out.

By the by, since this build is now forced to skill past the second Power Charge, I will test out if using Void Battery is now going to be a nifty idea instead of a very pricey Rare Dagger.
Last edited by MrMoho on Mar 9, 2019, 6:13:51 PM
I personally think Ice Trap with it's damage is pretty nice, but for the time being I switched over to Lightning Trap. A little discouraged how all but a couple of people as top Saboteurs in Synthesis softcore is playing it according to PoE.ninja.
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Saboteur

Well it's really early on so time tell how it fares compared to the more bog standard trap choices such as Arc Traps (the nerf didn't slow that down one bit did it?), and Lightning Trap which did get buffed this patch too.

GGG should've added more another mechanic to Ice Trap to make it stand out other than just be a big hard hitting aoe cold damage trap, not that it's a bad thing, but it feels very dull compared to the others imo.

I'm probably missing something but how do you generate power charges?
"
I'm probably missing something but how do you generate power charges?

Charged Traps Support on Shock Nova.
Allright iam starting to feel it now too, and got most of the stuff, now going to the Acts, and then will see, but first i wanna drop some Random Question i encounter on my way.

What is with Crit in totals? What are ur Crit Values? Seeing that u run over the Tree to grab Power Charges, i assume this is a big crit build? If yes, why does nothing of the GEar produce any Crit Related Values? Isit worth going for some of that?

Second, isnt the Manadrinker Node better then all those Mana Regenration Nodes from all over the Tree? With all the Traps out, leeching 0.4% attack Damage doesnt just keep the Manapool Up constantly?

Also, how much Movement speed is realistic? I allways imagine the Shadow flying through the Screen, dropping Traps left and right and be gone before the Enemy turned around, but no matter what i look for, it seems its not as fast as i want it :D

I love trapping tho, never did it, now going for it, and its quite some fun, will see how it ends up.

Nice Build, gl guys
"
MasterK18 wrote:
What is with Crit in totals? What are ur Crit Values? Seeing that u run over the Tree to grab Power Charges, i assume this is a big crit build? If yes, why does nothing of the GEar produce any Crit Related Values? Isit worth going for some of that?

Well, the weapon does. This is a build that benefits more off of crit than not, so all those crit nodes get grabbed. If you got crit on your gear, go for it! You decide if you want to more go for survival or damage.

"
MasterK18 wrote:
Second, isnt the Manadrinker Node better then all those Mana Regenration Nodes from all over the Tree? With all the Traps out, leeching 0.4% attack Damage doesnt just keep the Manapool Up constantly?

That leech won't work with traps. Well, your traps leech that mana, but you won' get any of that, so any form of leech is useless on traps.

"
MasterK18 wrote:
Also, how much Movement speed is realistic? I allways imagine the Shadow flying through the Screen, dropping Traps left and right and be gone before the Enemy turned around, but no matter what i look for, it seems its not as fast as i want it :D

Eh, 30% from your boots and around 8% from ascendancy. You won't be running around at top speeds with any Trapper build, hence why I personally always carry around a Quicksilver Flask.
Thanks a lot for Clarifying my Brother, im Surprised the Leeching on Traps works like that. I figured it would be quite different. IS a lot of Life Regen a good thing then, or might aswell just use 2 Life Flasks? Speeking of, are there any Unique Flass that shall be considered?

Ill be back with more Questions as i Proceed
When looking for Shaped trap gloves, is the %trap dmg or the 1 extra trap better for us along with the Trap support?
Lookin through your Gear, i realized that u have allmost No Dex on any Item, and i allready get problems at Cluster Trap level 4 to even Level up Because of Missing Dex. Feels like u need around 120 Dex for the Max Level Cluster Traps or the Others. Where do u get all the Dex from?
Last edited by MasterK18 on Mar 12, 2019, 10:50:44 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info