[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

"
wean_ill wrote:
Why use pyromaniac if you have 3k es?

One good smack, and that ES is gone. It's better to have than not. It also adds immunity to Ignite, Shock and reduces Mana costs of traps, so it's plenty useful past that!

"
spillo90 wrote:
is the "increased BT CD recovery speed" enchant worth anything on an helmet like this?

I don't know a lot about trap builds.

Yeah, no, that helmet is not the type you should use (mainly since it is a armor helmet) and reduced Bear Trap CD is not worth it at all, especially since it just is used for culling in this build, if at all.
Just switched to this build, Only issue ive run into so far is mana. Any tips on moments during boss fights when mana pot is gone and im just running around waiting for more mana? not sure if its my regen thats the problem, or if i need something like warlords mark to fix my issue.
on which tier you are sitting with your current gear in Bestiary league?
I was wondering since I seem to suck at melee builds if I follow your build exactly but switch out the dagger for a wand and use flame dash if this can still work. Love the concept and build and am nutso about traps.
"
Leazure wrote:
Just switched to this build, Only issue ive run into so far is mana. Any tips on moments during boss fights when mana pot is gone and im just running around waiting for more mana? not sure if its my regen thats the problem, or if i need something like warlords mark to fix my issue.

Just get yourself a Mana Flask with instant recovery on it. Two sips should get you back to full!

"
Desarix wrote:

I was wondering since I seem to suck at melee builds if I follow your build exactly but switch out the dagger for a wand and use flame dash if this can still work. Love the concept and build and am nutso about traps.

Sure! Using a Wand and Flame Dash should work just fine.
Heyho,

two Hints from my side:

1. 'Tempest Shield' in CWDT setup is good for boss/high tier monster fights. The lightning dmg can proc elemental equilibrium and u dont have to throw your shock nova trap for it and rather save the time. On bosses, the shock will not happen anyway.

2. Elder gloves with '+% Trapdamage' and 'Socket gems are supported by lvl X trap cooldown' are kind of superior to just '+x spell damgage' fingerless gloves. And in addition they are quite cheap cause it's a niche item.

I'm currently lvl 7 with the build, tier 14 maps. Trappers struggle a bit from time to time, depending on mods, but it's overall fine and enjoyable to play.

GL&HF
"
Ofea wrote:
Heyho,

two Hints from my side:

1. 'Tempest Shield' in CWDT setup is good for boss/high tier monster fights. The lightning dmg can proc elemental equilibrium and u dont have to throw your shock nova trap for it and rather save the time. On bosses, the shock will not happen anyway.

2. Elder gloves with '+% Trapdamage' and 'Socket gems are supported by lvl X trap cooldown' are kind of superior to just '+x spell damgage' fingerless gloves. And in addition they are quite cheap cause it's a niche item.

I'm currently lvl 7 with the build, tier 14 maps. Trappers struggle a bit from time to time, depending on mods, but it's overall fine and enjoyable to play.

GL&HF

Well, reading this comment reminded me of something... I totally forgot to upgrade my gear description with the new shaped effect for gloves! Added it to both the gear tab and right below Deerstalker. I can't offer a new, up to date gear, sadly, due to the fact that I haven't played enough since 3.0 to really get great gear with a build. Hopefully I will this season.
"
MrMoho wrote:
"
Desarix wrote:

Sure! Using a Wand and Flame Dash should work just fine.

Oh wonderful I shall roll this and hopefully I don't mess up elemental equilibrium and actually play this well.

The EE applies to the first damage you do then the subsequent damage is reduced in resistance. How long does that reduced resistance last before you can use the first element again to get the EE to apply ?
Last edited by Desarix on Mar 21, 2018, 12:54:51 PM
"
Desarix wrote:

The EE applies to the first damage you do then the subsequent damage is reduced in resistance. How long does that reduced resistance last before you can use the first element again to get the EE to apply ?

The moment you hit it with another element/apply another form of EE! If you hit somebody with fire, he will have resistance to it. However, if you then hit them with ice, the old EE stack will get removed, the new one will be added and they will have resistance to ice but 50% less so for fire!
So everytime I rotate an element it will apply the debuff so all I need to do is use them alternatively ? That's easier than I thought then.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info