[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

"
wean_ill wrote:
What do you think about cremation trap for single target? Top1 Sabo HCSSF using it (he did shaper kill day 2 last league with it).

Well, from what I'm reading, the damage does not get any modifiers from spell damage, which means it won't get any additional damage from things Ice and Shock Nova Trap do get. Second, it causes multiple projectiles that all most likely trigger Elemental Equilibrium without another elemental trap hitting a target first.

Ican definitely see how it can be really powerful if focused on, but on a Tri-Element Trapper, it really doesn't appear to probably fit in. I'll give it a swing to truly see how it is, though.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mirebough

what are your thoughts on using this for lvling?
"
FCboyz wrote:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Mirebough

what are your thoughts on using this for lvling?

That thing was always weird to me. It's a staff that boosts traps but... Well, it's a staff. Regardless, I suppose it can work, but the only skill you need to connect with Trap, Shock Nova, you can put into Deerstalker, which you can wear before those. Then again, you could just use the staff until a higher level or put Ice Trap in there, or maybe some skill that you might want to use while leveling up. I'd say it is a fine idea to level up with it, but I doubt it will feel much faster than without.
Hi there!

Trying out your build, as trapper always interested me, and it's awesome so far!

I just wanted to ask you for some feedback on the following: I've done some theory crafting with the skilltree, and managed something that might be slightly better pathing.

https://poeplanner.com/AAwAAQUADDYAAH9FfJeX-_W0OOUZjDZVS2HiidNwUlRHpr6exF3yKwoRL-tjNj2dqmyMYqy0xdvncFF2b36w2FRsCPGKDkjuFbd1EZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_VknfId7BhkqpuGajZ_xqKjwfMI1PD5igaTJ--I-TfXz0mxbAsi9G0ZEVCnKwj0akO86iycl_RSUz1fl5VMs66zQZbQ9dAf7-sgblAwBAeD21XGvoqhLyj6uJMc3I8a6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUjLRRUfAZgSzogDwH2jyPAXvfOFzmjuCm-081aaYrbMDMhhTMevkXyp8gxEt2VsbJUuuA2Vvd2dOmAageUIs_UoT3wAAAAAA

Comparing it to your step-by-step skilltree link, it does the following:

*Mana: switch 5% max mana for 5% regen
*ES: - 20 to max ES, + 10% recharge rate

It doesn't do much, but maybe the extra regen on both mana and ES makes it a bit easier to survive?

I'd love to hear your thoughts :)
Last edited by Thorfax on Mar 11, 2018, 10:51:53 AM
"
Thorfax wrote:
Hi there!

Trying out your build, as trapper always interested me, and it's awesome so far!

I just wanted to ask you for some feedback on the following: I've done some theory crafting with the skilltree, and managed something that might be slightly better pathing.

https://poeplanner.com/AAwAAQUADDYAAH9FfJeX-_W0OOUZjDZVS2HiidNwUlRHpr6exF3yKwoRL-tjNj2dqmyMYqy0xdvncFF2b36w2FRsCPGKDkjuFbd1EZYHHpUu8NVJUY_66_VknfId7BhkqpuGajZ_xqKjwfMI1PD5igaTJ--I-TfXz0mxbAsi9G0ZEVCnKwj0akO86iycl_RSUz1fl5VMs66zQZbQ9dAf7-sgblAwBAeD21XGvoqhLyj6uJMc3I8a6-6FMpctSU-8qprgRZ1TUjLRRUfAZgSzogDwH2jyPAXvfOFzmjuCm-081aaYrbMDMhhTMevkXyp8gxEt2VsbJUuuA2Vvd2dOmAageUIs_UoT3wAAAAAA

It doesn't do much, but maybe the extra regen on both mana and ES makes it a bit easier to survive?

Well, honestly, there is hardly any change. It should work out just fine. Though, I do like the 20 ES and more max mana perhaps a tad more due to it adding more survivability if you otherwise don't let yourself get hit that often. If you do, the other one should be better.
"
MrMoho wrote:
"
Thorfax wrote:
Hi there!

Well, honestly, there is hardly any change. It should work out just fine. Though, I do like the 20 ES and more max mana perhaps a tad more due to it adding more survivability if you otherwise don't let yourself get hit that often. If you do, the other one should be better.

Thanks for the responce. I guess it's true that it adds more survivability, I just really like mana-regen :p

How would this build work with pure ES & evasion (maybe with Chaos Inoculation)? I don't really know what the up- and downsides of ES are, but some people seem to be very fond of it.
Playing it as my league starter. Wanted to play Ice trap only, but that was a bad idea I think.

found a tinkerskin for 1c, it's really good for leveling and ealy maps. Only 68 atm.

I have a question : how do we generate power charge ? Nevermind can't read. Jaw's.
Last edited by Pandaroux on Mar 12, 2018, 9:16:33 PM
"
Thorfax wrote:

Thanks for the responce. I guess it's true that it adds more survivability, I just really like mana-regen :p

How would this build work with pure ES & evasion (maybe with Chaos Inoculation)? I don't really know what the up- and downsides of ES are, but some people seem to be very fond of it.

I had a person create a pure ES build before, but that was before the mighty ES nerf. We were granted with a Health Regen Skill for Trappers this patch, not so much for ES. I have no clue if Pyromaniac even works with things like Ghost Reaver (which also got nerved) or Zealoth's Oath.

"
Pandaroux wrote:

Playing it as my league starter. Wanted to play Ice trap only, but that was a bad idea I think.

found a tinkerskin for 1c, it's really good for leveling and ealy maps. Only 68 atm.

I have a question : how do we generate power charge ? Nevermind can't read. Jaw's.

That, or Blast Cascade!
Last edited by MrMoho on Mar 13, 2018, 10:33:53 AM
Why use pyromaniac if you have 3k es?
is the "increased BT CD recovery speed" enchant worth anything on an helmet like this?

I don't know a lot about trap builds.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info