[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
iapoc004 wrote:
Hi there, quick question: is it worth it to switch one of the 6 links to empower?

Controlled Destruction
but for Empower lvl4 of course :)
ing: Sehemyr
Last edited by blajo on Dec 28, 2016, 7:08:36 PM
Just to respond to an earlier comment, burns themselves don't bypass elemental resistance because burns aren't critical strikes...They're just a debuff applied after a critical strike. It's the same reason you don't get a benefit from penetration.

Feel free to correct me if you have a comment from GGG, but burn damage from this build is should be almost non-existent.
Last edited by DrWafer on Dec 28, 2016, 9:15:04 PM
"
DrWafer wrote:
Just to respond to an earlier comment, burns themselves don't bypass elemental resistance because burns aren't critical strikes...They're just a debuff applied after a critical strike. It's the same reason you don't get a benefit from penetration.

Feel free to correct me if you have a comment from GGG, but burn damage from this build is should be almost non-existent.

I must've missed the part where you said "ignite damage". My bad.
Last edited by maykay on Dec 28, 2016, 10:05:56 PM
How are you supposed to be able to do Tul's breach area? He just perma freezes my totems...
"
LadyLoriana wrote:
How are you supposed to be able to do Tul's breach area? He just perma freezes my totems...

just remove "Controlled Destruction" and put "Minion and Totem Elemental Resistance Support" and u can easy to play Tul breach and Tul Domain together with boss with this gem.
ing: Sehemyr
Guys i need your help plz. Iam torn apart between pumping currency into my char to optimize the hybrid gear iam using at the moment or switching to CI. Maybe you can have a look at my character. Gear is more or less selffound.
What would you suggest? Iam doing T7 maps at the moment, not lucky with higher map drops. Did merc izaro yesterday and it was very easy.
How much is a decent CI gear? Never played CI, always life.
Thanks for your help.
Last edited by Lootziffer on Dec 29, 2016, 5:15:29 AM
Well I personally am on the fence with a voidbringer setup on this build. If I use my normal gloves, my base tooltip shows 4845 with anger, and my base crit is 61% (No charges) - However with Voidbringer, I can't run anger due to low mana pool and need to run clarity. This still allows me to run herald of thunder and still be ok. This shows my base tooltip having 4927 and my base crit of 70.92. But then I run maps... and it doesn't kill as fast. The big thing I think that you don't see is how much the base damage scales with each phase. 110% MORE damage each stage with the added anger base is huge with 10 phases. Still, once I get a 6L with Controlled Destruction, I may swap to it to mitigate the crit modifiers.

Last edited by damelon on Dec 30, 2016, 9:44:13 AM
This build isn't bad at all, it's a very defensive play style and once you get the hang of it you can drop a totem and face rush t16 maps without fail but I feel like there is a lot of room for optimization. Valyrium late game is pretty much useless and has been replaced by a Kiara's determination, Anger is a good DPS boost but is pretty much unnecessary, I also prefer an enfeeble setup rather than running temporal chains.

I notice a lot of people complaining about breaches, I personally have zero issues with breaches. I usually sit in there and face tank everything(even the frost breach). Try using immunity pots and vaal discipline.

Overall I'm very happy that I chose this as a league starter although getting decent daggers is a real pita!
stats

Edit: My equipment is not as optimized as I would like it to be and I'm sure that after I optimize it quite a bit better over the next couple of days, I will give anger an honest try as it is a solid 33k DPS boost but until then it is not viable with voidbringers. I have been thinking of switching over to 1h & shield for the late game survivability although I am not certain if it's worth it

Edit: This is no longer my correct setup, I will post an updated version in a future post.
Last edited by DarkShad0wZ on Jan 4, 2017, 1:34:00 AM
Sorry but i bad speak English i have a question about number 5. Gem to this post https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1730745 i select play to Energy Shield-Based (CI) levelling tips. Can you look my screen and say me maybe i something miss GEM and you can write me.

http://imgur.com/a/XfJhX

Thanks for help !!!
Im having 65% crit and 10k ES and i use shield with dagger and i have 140% casting speed and im lvl 73 only so far seems fine and this is my first time ever doing CI build but i now i see why CI are superior to life builds oh yes and i also use this ring
since one of my guildies said id get stunned on every hit since i had 1 life anyway so far im enoying this build and i play BHC also this is my gears i had a low budget but this is best i could afford

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info