[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

Quick word on leveling this build:

The OP mentions 10 cps as the soft breakpoint where the totems start to feel good. Thought I'd drop a note as to when I hit that.

Instead of Anger I'm running Haste until I have enough cast speed to switch back to anger. With haste I hit 10 cps on my totems once I had my temp chains/arcane surge setup (and procced), lightning golem out, the cast speed buff you get from the ascendancy point "Pursuit of Faith" and a shield with cast speed I found. Leveling the build hasn't been too bad even before the 10 cps. I'm currently lvl 39 and prob got everything sorted cast speed wise by 38. My shield is the only piece of gear I have with cast speed.
Last edited by Thunderchubs on Mar 2, 2018, 10:01:53 PM
I want to play GC and i have some question: When i have two Long Winter jewel in hatred will be work? Its 100% cold damage right? :)
do you guys think void battery/atziri's reflection/soul mantle would be the best dps version? seems like with the power charge generation of hierophant to be a no-brainer. only thing you lose is a decent movement skill, but we stack enough CS that LW should still be good.
"
jonathan3344 wrote:
do you guys think void battery/atziri's reflection/soul mantle would be the best dps version? seems like with the power charge generation of hierophant to be a no-brainer. only thing you lose is a decent movement skill, but we stack enough CS that LW should still be good.

I plan to go dual void batteries. This brings the question of which chest to use, a defensive option will probably be mandatory. Cloak of Defiance? Rare chest with 120+ life and armour (since armour synergizes with endurance charges)? Or even Belly of the Beast?

Also considering:
- Inya's boots as endgame option
- regretting Ancestral Bond, getting an elder helmet with Burning Damage support and socketing a 5L Scorching Ray in it for the option to do damage myself against bosses (3 pizzasticks could be enough for general mapping)
"
Croc411 wrote:

I plan to go dual void batteries. This brings the question of which chest to use, a defensive option will probably be mandatory. Cloak of Defiance? Rare chest with 120+ life and armour (since armour synergizes with endurance charges)? Or even Belly of the Beast?

Also considering:
- regretting Ancestral Bond, getting an elder helmet with Burning Damage support and socketing a 5L Scorching Ray in it for the option to do damage myself against bosses (3 pizzasticks could be enough for general mapping)

According to my mediocre math, Cloak of Defiance effectively gives us a 20% more EHP modifier by transferring more damage to mana. It'd be pretty difficult to top that with another chest.
Also, just plugging it into Path of Building shows that the higher DPS combination is one Shimmeron and one Void Battery rather than two Void Batteries. Someone better at making money in this game than me should try it out.
Just thinking about it, the risk of Shimmeron is almost entirely mitigated by using totems. I guess you'd just have to be careful you don't use your movement skill directly onto enemies.
"
Nuraihyon wrote:
"
Croc411 wrote:

Also considering:

According to my mediocre math, Cloak of Defiance effectively gives us a 20% more EHP modifier by transferring more damage to mana. It'd be pretty difficult to top that with another chest.
Also, just plugging it into Path of Building shows that the higher DPS combination is one Shimmeron and one Void Battery rather than two Void Batteries. Someone better at making money in this game than me should try it out.
Just thinking about it, the risk of Shimmeron is almost entirely mitigated by using totems. I guess you'd just have to be careful you don't use your movement skill directly onto enemies.

Cool, might try it out if I can afford it. I assume your PoB test was based on 8 power charges?
where do you socket long winter if you go GC?
What are your guys thoughts about going for Illuminated Devotion instead of Divine Guidance for the Uber lab points?
Got question, with FB is possible later on to use nets ?:D
I played in in the past.. and with 2 totems.. it was blowing up even rare mobs ;\
What skill actually is more rewarding and scaling into lategame to come with? Cascade or FB?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info