[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
Kasspa420 wrote:
When I turn on your silver flask and your diamond flask that brings you up to 78,759 total dps, and if I add in an Atziri flask in place of your bubbling life it brings you to 90,193 total using glacial cascade.

Your still only lvl 79 so your missing quite a few skill nodes that will help bring your dps up some along with some %life nodes to help with your life. One huge thing your missing for dps is a 6linked Soul Mantle, your only rocking a 5link, that's one whole support gems worth of damage your missing out on, which is the increased critical strikes it completely offsets the controlled destruction and nullifies its -100% critical strikes chance. If you use my PoB link I gave with my post a page back you can load my PoB profile and see how I made my skilltree and the items I'm using. You have a similar build with the Soul Mantle and the double Kikazaru rings so just try to find some items that mimick mine and youl see your dps go up another 100k.

Right now whats really holding you back is your crit chance and crit multi. You want around a 70% crit chance and about 450% crit multiplier. Increase those and watch the dmg scale up substantially.

Edit: And I totally just realized the guy I just replied to is not the same guy who originally was asking about his flametotem dps above. I should have realized when I checked the PoB and saw glacial cascade... Either way I just defined a way for you to increase your dps a ton.

haha thanks a whole bunch!!! So i should probably get an aziri then right? I also I am using that helmet enchantment for the Physical to cold for Glacial cascade, so wouldn't that almost be like a 6 link now? I plan on getting the actual 6th link but ive had so much trouble doing it. Also for now you think I should maybe replace my added fire damage support with increased crits?
"
Snelson88 wrote:
haha thanks a whole bunch!!! So i should probably get an aziri then right? I also I am using that helmet enchantment for the Physical to cold for Glacial cascade, so wouldn't that almost be like a 6 link now? I plan on getting the actual 6th link but ive had so much trouble doing it. Also for now you think I should maybe replace my added fire damage support with increased crits?

Yeah I would pick up an Atziri flask for sure. they are only like 1chaos now and its best of both worlds for us. Increased physical dmg (which we convert to cold) and increased elemental dmg so we make use of both increases. Your right about the physical to cold enchant, but that is why we dont use "Physical to Lightning" support gems like most other GC builds.

The physical to lightning gem is what we are getting rid of by using the helmet enchant. Added fire just adds extra fire damage based off our physical damage, it doesn't convert any of our damage so its not working like you think. I honestly am not sure about replacing the added fire for increased crits, you could see whats better by just replacing the added fire gem in PoB with increased critical strikes and see if the dps increases or decreases and just stick with the better option until you get the 6link.
Last edited by Kasspa420 on Sep 18, 2017, 7:02:40 PM
I'm actively developing an Elementalist version of the build. I comfortably reached Tier ~7 blind with the first iteration so I have high hopes for the first reroll.

Here's the PoEPlanner link for where I'm going to start. I have 150% life, 100% ES, and 100% mana with 80% mana regen, MoM, AB, and a little bit of damage. It's only 79 points so I still have some room for other stuff.

Why go witch? The Elementalist. Liege of the Primordial, Pendulum of Destruction, and Mastermind of Discord are wickedly strong. Liege especially because being able to use a Flame and Lightning Golem simultaneously is pretty wild. The other two Ascendencies are just butter, though. With this combination of sheer damage, penetrabut like I said I have plenty of passive points left over to audible into crit if I'm wrong.

But with the Elementalist nodes I fully expect to be able to brute force my way through pretty much everything.

I read some of this thread and now plan on going the Soul Mantle-Kikazaru route. It'll be tricky to cap resists but those items look unholy sick.

I'm going to go FB Totems on Soul Mantle.
To proc Mastermind of Discord I'll be using Orb of Storms and Curse on Hit. On the first iteration of the build I use Enfeeble but it's not set in stone. I might also experiment with Ball Lightning because I've heard that spell is good for CoH too.
I'm enjoying CWDT, IC, ID, Phase Run on the first iteration and will probably port that over too.
Also on the first iteration I'm using a lot of skeletons. Mainly Vaal Summon Skeletons and Summon Skeletons, switching them out depending on which ones are more relevant. I think this is a crutch for a bad build though so I don't know what other set ups I could use. The build doesn't really need much else but who knows. Maybe I can fit an aura in.
My movement skill will probably be Flame Dash.

If you guys would like I will keep you posted. I'm not great at this game and I'm still fairly new but I'll keep rerolling this build until it's correct.
Last edited by Tiam_Kara on Sep 20, 2017, 7:56:30 AM
Ok thanx, with POB better configuration im right now a 101 K DPS Thanx all !!!
Hey folks who are playing FB version of this build and above lv89, what is your POB dps without flasks and charges?
I have finally switched to the Glacial Cascade Gem from FB. I went to level 79 with FB and the setup in the initial post. I am glad I switched it is definitely much faster clearing and survival is so much easier. I'm sitting at level 83 now.

My current question is about the dual Kikazru rings. I'm experimenting with the rings, and they do seem to have an advantage with curses. Once you guys switched did you replace your gear to make up for the lost resistances My Fire resist is sitting at 46% and when I pull a map that has fire damages I've just been using a flask to up the resists, Cold is at 75% (79) and Lightning at 75% (115 from the rings of course). So normally I like to bump the resists up to 120% max and it is far easier to survive that way.
That would require upgrading some of the gear.

I can get more fire resist on my gloves, they are only at 22% and my circlet is at 23% but to switch gear it will cost at least an ex or two total. I do have that, but was wondering what everyone else ended up doing? Upgrading the head and gloves?

I am still only doing up to tier8 maps, as I fear dying if I try pushing it right now.

My other question is more about Kaom's Roots and the Essence Worm? Anyone here using the Rings, the boots, and the Ammy? I feel that would require additional changes in the tree and the gear. I did see one post from NaarJitsu with the rings and boots, but I believe that was the only one.
What is the majority of you guys doing?

I have other questions, but I will ask them in a new post.
Is this HC viable?
I've loved playing this build. Question though, should I focus on armor, es, or evasion? I'm struggling with staying alive like in the videos. Nobody question
"
Viperface wrote:

My current question is about the dual Kikazru rings. I'm experimenting with the rings, and they do seem to have an advantage with curses. Once you guys switched did you replace your gear to make up for the lost resistances...

There is Elementalist notable near Templar start for +12% to all ele resist. Swap jewels with ele resist. Craft items with open suffixes.
"
mtwilliams717 wrote:
Is this HC viable?

Totem build is generally considered as hc viable as long as you have good mechanical dodge skill, utilize multiple layers of defense, and not try to facetank anything. GC is safer than FB due to chills and freezes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info