[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

i'll maybe try this build for next league but all depends if blade flurry got nerfed ^^
Last edited by BloodRaziel on Nov 26, 2016, 3:05:17 PM
Can this build be used with the new totem shield? any modifications that must be made? im thinking of using this for breach but im a little apprehensive about going CI for a new league.
Hey all, sorry for being absent from this thread for a little while. Just letting you all know that Hierophant testing (hopefully including clear speed/boss kill comparison vids) and some small 2.5 updates (plus whatever is required from the patch notes) will happen next week to make sure this guide is completely ready for anyone wanting to use it as their first build in Breach.

"
Selvam wrote:
Can this build be used with the new totem shield? any modifications that must be made? im thinking of using this for breach but im a little apprehensive about going CI for a new league.

You can, and I actually think it might be best in slot for the life-based version. You lose cast speed and Anger, but the extra totem is just a straight 50% more single-target damage and Blood Magic is not really a problem as the cost of our skills is so low. Don't really need to change anything besides ditching the auras. Can run an Essence Worm if you so desire. Can also make a bit more of an effort to pick up life regen if that interests you. Will write some more detailed notes on it next week.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Last edited by viperesque on Nov 26, 2016, 4:25:38 PM
I was browsing FB Totem builds and watched a detailed guide of RaizQT's Elementalist build and I was just wondering if you watched it too and agreed with him on that the elementalist version is better for various reasons. The video I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxaiPZWRww&feature=youtu.be&a
"
viperesque wrote:
Hey all, sorry for being absent from this thread for a little while. Just letting you all know that Hierophant testing (hopefully including clear speed/boss kill comparison vids) and some small 2.5 updates (plus whatever is required from the patch notes) will happen next week to make sure this guide is completely ready for anyone wanting to use it as their first build in Breach.

"
Selvam wrote:

You can, and I actually think it might be best in slot for the life-based version. You lose cast speed and Anger, but the extra totem is just a straight 50% more single-target damage and Blood Magic is not really a problem as the cost of our skills is so low. Don't really need to change anything besides ditching the auras. Can run an Essence Worm if you so desire. Can also make a bit more of an effort to pick up life regen if that interests you. Will write some more detailed notes on it next week.

awesome!! looking forward to it, i did ES characters only in Essence, I wanna make this one life based and the new totem life shield seems rly awesome for this!
Hi do this work with Dual wand version?

Dagger cast speed look like i cant find it in poe.trade was wondering if wand will do on templar
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
"

Dagger cast speed look like i cant find it in poe.trade was wondering if wand will do on templar

you can only get cast speed on daggers from an Essence that drops in the Essence league, if you're looking in Standard, thats why you can't find any.

you can look for Wands with cast speed, added damage to spells(preferably fire) and global crit multi! you won't be able to use Whirling Blades as your movement skill because it doesnt work with Wands but you can use Flame Dash linked to Faster Casting or Lightning Warp linked to Faster Casting and Less Duration as ur movement skill.
"
"

you can only get cast speed on daggers from an Essence that drops in the Essence league, if you're looking in Standard, thats why you can't find any.

you can look for Wands with cast speed, added damage to spells(preferably fire) and global crit multi! you won't be able to use Whirling Blades as your movement skill because it doesnt work with Wands but you can use Flame Dash linked to Faster Casting or Lightning Warp linked to Faster Casting and Less Duration as ur movement skill.

Ah i see thanks
Budget build will do?
Enjoy Legacy!!!!
"
"
"

Ah i see thanks
Budget build will do?

You can use Doryani's and shield charge instead, it's not nearly as good but it's something.
"
buks wrote:
I was browsing FB Totem builds and watched a detailed guide of RaizQT's Elementalist build and I was just wondering if you watched it too and agreed with him on that the elementalist version is better for various reasons. The video I'm talking about https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkxaiPZWRww&feature=youtu.be&a

I haven't played the Elementalist version and maybe next league I'll try it out to really compare, but I think he conveniently glosses over a few points in the Inquisitor's favor.

1. He undersells Instruments of Virtue quite a bit out of a personal preference for using Lightning Warp. It's true that Lightning Warp gets pretty damn good nowadays, but both Whirling Blades and Shield Charge are at least somewhat competitive and you gain the benefit of being able to link Fortify to them for additional defenses. Then you add in 30% cast speed for using either and you really feel the difference when clearing.

2. Crit is not that hard to get on the tree combined with the ascendancy nodes. It's pretty easy to get above 80% crit chance with power charges and 400% crit multiplier. If that's not consistent enough for you, there's the Diamond Flask. Despite all the spell damage increases Elementalist gets, I have a hard time believing it will compete with a crit build's top end damage.

3. Augury of Penitence. It gets overlooked because it's just numbers modifiers, but taking 8% less elemental damage and dealing 16% more elemental damage to enemies is a big deal.

4. He mentions Inquisitor being weaker with ignites. I'm not sure how that is, unless he's just forgetting that crits with fire guarantees an ignite and that ignite damage is based off the initial hit of the fire damage. In this case, a crit build will always trigger more damaging ignites unless you're scaling burning damage somehow. The video didn't get into this. Besides, have fun with ignite immune bosses like Phoenix and Atziri if you rely too much on it for damage.

5. Conflux is very nice but primarily it's useful for shocking bosses if you're already constantly igniting with crit flameblasts. All classes have substitutes for this with how strong Vaal Lightning Trap and Vinktar's Flask are.

I think Raiz's build seems plenty strong and on probably a cheaper budget. I wish he would've highlighted his character sheet a bit more to show the damage of Flameblast. All he showed was a quick Plateau map, which any Flameblast build would clear quickly, and then a boss fight where imo, the damage looked a little underwhelming. He blames it on the bosses killing his totems but I can guarantee you my crit Inquisitor with Vaal Lightning Trap would kill those two in half the time. So again, my suspicion is that Elementalist is better on a budget and Inquisitor is better with some currency investment (but still will be more than enough to clear the majority of content on 1-2 ex).
Last edited by KarlHungus01 on Nov 27, 2016, 5:54:37 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info