[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

what do u think of the nodes 'nimbleness' / 'mental rapidity'? i used to play flameblast elementalist and kinda liked mental rapidity.
Not expensive at all.

Look over the gear recommendations. It doesn't require uniques. The priciest things would be cast speed daggers and a 6l chest. You can get into maps for a minimum of expense.
"
Stashrider_ wrote:
Thx for the build, but the Skilltree is still 2.6. Update in work?

The tree is for 3.0. If you just click the link it will open on the 2.6 tree because the tree on this website has not been updated, and because the tree changes are small enough thata 3.0 tree can still be mapped to the 2.6 tree.

"
str1gh wrote:
very nice, loved the build in 2.6 so far and really looking forward to play it in 3.0 again. Just a quick question, how do you exactly use Orb of Storms? I tend to die whenever I dash forward to place it somewhere and then dash back, since the skill is stationary which really doesn't make much sense to me. Or is there a skill alternative to generate stacks from a distance?

There's no real alternative becuase OoS is one of only two skills that can generate multiple power charges per use with PCoC - the other is Blade Vortex. That said, if just dropping OoS is so risky that you often die then I have serious concerns about the state of your defenses.

"
TGGarrett wrote:
Can't wait to try this out, what's the average cost if this build?

Basically nothing to start mapping. 10ex to be comfortably geared to do all content.

"
bahnschranke wrote:
what do u think of the nodes 'nimbleness' / 'mental rapidity'? i used to play flameblast elementalist and kinda liked mental rapidity.

I do like them, but there comes a point at which you have to stop going rabid for cast speed. You can take them early on and spec out of them if you like, but they are much worse DPS than anything else you could take for the points.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Thanks again for all of the replies and updates! And I know it might be the wrong place to ask, but I have to know out of curiosity. Do you have any experience with Righteous Fire totems / its comparison to this build clearing / HC viability / endgame etc? Specifically referencing the build by Milkyslice. That's the only other totem build I can think of to start other than this one. I guess ultimately we'll know tomorrow after the patch notes drop.
"
Corsica96 wrote:
Thanks again for all of the replies and updates! And I know it might be the wrong place to ask, but I have to know out of curiosity. Do you have any experience with Righteous Fire totems / its comparison to this build clearing / HC viability / endgame etc? Specifically referencing the build by Milkyslice. That's the only other totem build I can think of to start other than this one. I guess ultimately we'll know tomorrow after the patch notes drop.

RF totems are pretty comparable. Slightly worse damage, speed and AoE, but the damage is much more consistent and the build comes together very easily (not that this one is particularly hard to get working, but RF totems is one of the smoothest builds around). Survivability is basically the same.

If you're in the market for other totem builds, you can follow this build more or less exactly, replace Flameblast and Faster Casting with Glacial Cascade and Physical to Lightning, swap Hatred in for Anger, and have a very strong GC totem build (~600k DPS in PoB). Alternatively, Dark Pact totems might be very strong depending on the exact numbers of the skill - seem quite like RF totems except the damage stacks.
Have you done something awesome with [url=http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Sire_of_Shards]Sire of Shards[/url]? PM me and tell me all about it!
Thanks for your input. I considered GC totems as well and messed around with it. It doesn't seem half bad and also does pretty solid damage...could this possibly be more than Flameblast endgame wise? I might need to mess around with it more. It like "circular" skills like RF / Flameblast fit the bill the most when it comes to a nice hybrid of clearing and single target. We will have to see if the patch notes bring any news / if anything gets nerfed unexpectedly. I think Milky himself said similar things, I just think I have a bit more experience leveling this build a bit more / realistically to use RF totems well you have to wait until act 5 or so. I always enjoy being able to level with something immediately when available.

Another random question. For early leveling, you state to use flame totem and frostbolt. Freezing pulse always seems to have a higher tooltip / is faster. Also, would it pay to spec into Ancestral Bond super early and level with dual firestorm totems, or is flame totem + firestorm or self-cast firestorm / firestorm totem most efficient? Trying to compare these options to your suggestions.
Last edited by Corsica96 on Aug 1, 2017, 12:41:21 AM
"
viperesque wrote:
RF totems are pretty comparable.

What about Ancestral Warchief comparison?
"
Leemuria wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
RF totems are pretty comparable.

What about Ancestral Warchief comparison?

For AWcT is Marauder (Berserker) definitely better.
AWcT:
- is melee Damage.
- use Atacke speed.

look here
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1694250
https://www.twitch.tv/jaar_tv
https://trovo.live/s/JaaR_TV
I have never played any totem builds before. Currently it seems like there are 3 popular totem builds for 3.0: Flameblast, RF and Ancestral Warchief. And I would like to determine the pros and cons of these builds relative to each other. The most important thing for me is an ability to farm any end game content and a gear price required for that. Do you think that the Flameblast build is the best for that?

Thanks for your time and help:)
Last edited by Leemuria on Aug 1, 2017, 10:20:56 AM
"
Leemuria wrote:
I have never played any totem builds before. Currently it seems like there are 3 popular totem builds for 3.0: Flameblast, RF and Ancestral Warchief. And I would like to determine the pros and cons of these builds relative to each other. The most important thing for me is an ability to farm any end game content and a gear price required for that. Do you think that the Flameblast build is the best for that?

I don't like the ancestral warchief play style because the totems stop attacking once you get a certain range from them which to me makes them feel clunky. Flameblast totems is more fire and forget, you drop a totem and shield charge past the mobs and you're good to go. Flameblast totems is better at map clearing IMO while warchief totems does a lot of DPS for not very much investment and will kill bosses easily. If you're planning on boss farming or you're worried about the 3.0 boss health go warchief totems. Keep in mind that you can respec into pretty much any spell crit build quite easily after leveling with flameblast totems. My plan is to use them for a few days and start to get my atlas filled out but if I get tired of the totem playstyle I'm going to respec into EK nova or self cast frostbolt.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info