[No longer updated] Pizza Sticks: Flameblast Totem Hierophant

"
absolutegen wrote:
"
Pureflame wrote:
Hello all!

I feel like I'm at the point in my leveling/maps I need to start working on switching to ES. I was wondering if someone could look at my build (puretotems) and see what it would take to switch. Thanks in advance!

Looking at your build / gear you did not really plan well to switch to ES / CI.

Just a rough count you are looking at 30+ respec points to properly respec into ES. Maybe a little less if you choose to keep some HP nodes for the damage nodes you linked off them.

The only pieces of gear you currently have that are worth keeping when switching to ES are your Weapon and Helmet.

Luckily you can get ES / CI worthy gear for relatively cheap. It wont be the best but will get you started. Your chest piece will probably be the most expensive for a decent 5 link.

I really appreciate the information! I was wondering do you think I can complete end game content (t15 maps/shaper) with life based flame totems? or is switching ES and regearing the only way? I can probably sell all my stuff for 10ex or so if i REALLY have to. Can't wait to hear back from you!
"
Pureflame wrote:
"
absolutegen wrote:
"
Pureflame wrote:
Hello all!

I feel like I'm at the point in my leveling/maps I need to start working on switching to ES. I was wondering if someone could look at my build (puretotems) and see what it would take to switch. Thanks in advance!

Looking at your build / gear you did not really plan well to switch to ES / CI.

Just a rough count you are looking at 30+ respec points to properly respec into ES. Maybe a little less if you choose to keep some HP nodes for the damage nodes you linked off them.

The only pieces of gear you currently have that are worth keeping when switching to ES are your Weapon and Helmet.

Luckily you can get ES / CI worthy gear for relatively cheap. It wont be the best but will get you started. Your chest piece will probably be the most expensive for a decent 5 link.

I really appreciate the information! I was wondering do you think I can complete end game content (t15 maps/shaper) with life based flame totems? or is switching ES and regearing the only way? I can probably sell all my stuff for 10ex or so if i REALLY have to. Can't wait to hear back from you!

Well this is my first time making a totem build but really any build can pull off end game content as life based in my opinion with the right gear and enough HP.

ES just gives the added benefit of a larger EHP pool and with a build like this where you spend most of your time running around its easy to regen your ES back up if you do get hit.

I would personally just start saving any decent ES gear you find or buy for cheap and switch when you can. No real rush though as your current setup is heavily speced into HP more so than a hybrid build typically is.
What's everyone's cast time at? Mine's at 0.09, 0.08 after whirling blades (due to ascendency). Trying to figure out if I should be trying to get more cast speed, or if I'm wasting attributes on cast speed and should leave it at around 0.1.
Any tips for farming breaches and especially Tul's breaches? Totems usually die before they can do anything. I have about 150-160 cast speed most of the time. Maybe something for totem survivability?
"
V4d_Sk1ff wrote:
u die from any box u open. Clearing is nightmare. Only bosses are quite easy. got all res max. 6.5k shield and i die basically from anything in 1 sec. Not happy at all :(

Drop 2 totems + orb, open box and spin away. Not having this issue at all.
"
Sunw1sh wrote:
Any tips for farming breaches and especially Tul's breaches? Totems usually die before they can do anything. I have about 150-160 cast speed most of the time. Maybe something for totem survivability?

Honestly I had issues with Tul's till i hit 200 cast speed. Plus I switched to a more Regen based builD.. so that helps as well.
In need of help.

Could anyone tell me what should i do with my build / gear to be able to farm Dried Lake safely?

I can kill the mobs pretty quick but the problem is my survivability..

I'm new to the game and i'm poor as hell. I seriously need to start farming it so i could get better gear.

I think i fucked up my build also somehow.

I'm sitting at 75+ all ress expect chaos and 3k hp / 600 energy shield and 1.9k dmg on Flameblast with full buffs and still struggling like hell.

I think my damage is also way too low even tho the mobs die pretty quick? ..

Any ideas?

Thanks already,
- Drakh

Last edited by Acrytexi on Mar 10, 2017, 1:17:33 PM
"
LowBudget780 wrote:
"
Acrytexi wrote:
In need of help.

Could anyone tell me what should i do with my build / gear to be able to farm Dried Lake safely?

I can kill the mobs pretty quick but the problem is my survivability..

I'm new to the game and i'm poor as hell. I seriously need to start farming it so i could get better gear.

I think i fucked up my build also somehow.

I'm sitting at 75+ all ress expect chaos and 3k hp / 600 energy shield and 1.9k dmg on Flameblast with full buffs and still struggling like hell.

I think my damage is also way too low even tho the mobs die pretty quick? ..

Any ideas?

Thanks already,
- Drakh

Take a quick look at my Gear and Passive Tree. I specced my character to have a nice amount of Defense (2k) some ES (1.8K), a decent amount of life (4.5-5K) and nearly 4.8% life regen. I am using a 4link CWDT setup, running Immortal Call, Molten Shell and Increased Duration with Enduring Cry and an almost permanent Vaal Haste for the increased Cast Speed.

So far so good, running t11 rares and labs all day no long, barely ever die unless I am not paying attention.

Well problem is that if i want to respec i need alot regret orbs... They are expensive and don't know how to get them without farming..

Edit: And i am playing HC
Last edited by Acrytexi on Mar 10, 2017, 2:19:46 PM
How are you maintaining dex to use daggers? my friend is running this build and it's working really nice, he just can't get dex high enough to use daggers so he's stuck with wands.
Hey guys,

First of all, I want to thanks Op for this build, it has been a blast for leveling and low tier map, but I find myself dying a lot in T8+ maps, can someone look at my stats and gear and tell me if my gear and stats are ok for my level, please (Im playuing the life version) :

Gear:

Spoiler

Stats:

Offences:

Spoiler

In h/o with golem up + Discipline + Anger (IncAOE):

Full buff Flask + 5 charges + Ascendency (IncAOE) :

Defences:

Spoiler

With Flask:

Without Flask:

Thanks in advance guys.