[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Certainly a possibility. Do keep in mind that the damage multiplier to projectile damage no longer scales the DoT component of ED. I would still recommend to get used to sniping allies cannot die enemies with Blight, but it is all personal preference. Pierce works perfectly fine if that is what you want to do.
I will see next league ^^ Right now i giving myself small pouse to dont burn out also will have to get used to pressing more than 1 button to attack before i was playing only lazy builds like RF or Blade Flurry that you just popping your flasks going in and watch how everything dies. Also cant wait to see how new gems gona work with this build, you know that channeling shield for blight or cascade for ED or contagion also 6l gloves boots and helmets it may give many oportunities to boost dmg and def even higer.
Last edited by Iean on Dec 3, 2017, 9:56:51 AM
I don't know if it will benefit to you; I'm using "Voidwalker Murder Boots" for "Phasing" and "Piercing".

"When you reach the top, get ready to drop!"
"
BeeAntOS wrote:
I don't know if it will benefit to you; I'm using "Voidwalker Murder Boots" for "Phasing" and "Piercing".

I was also thinking about it just for map clear. I have also one more question for creator of the build becouse on all of your videos you running with Rathpith Globe shield and maybe i didnt noticed it but i think you didnt mentioned it anywhere in gearing section.
Last edited by Iean on Dec 4, 2017, 6:10:52 AM
My Rathpith is a skin transfer. Unless you want the spell block, a well rolled rare shield will always be better.
I'm thinking of using this kind of build for the start of 3.1 and I have some questions:

- is Blight only there for the single target damage or does it have any other reason to have it in the build?

- What kind of support gems do you start with as soon you get essence drain and contagion?

- With the above question what kind of colors would the sockets on my wands be? I guess for the contagion it would be three blues but what about the essence drain? 2 green and red?

- Why can't the arcane surge go past level 9?
Blight is there mostly to help out on single target. I currently use 2x Spreading Rot jewels so that applying blight to a target makes it take 50% increased chaos damage for around 2 seconds. This helps a lot if you stumble across a rare enemy with increased life affix in a map. Simply tap Blight for 0.2-1 sec on it, and it will die. For bosses, channeling Blight will speed up the kill a lot compared to waiting for ED alone to do the job. Blight also helps with Allies Cannot Die auras and very fast enemies.

I get BBG colours on my +1 chaos gem wands. I then link Contagion > Arcane Surge level 1 > Void Manipulation in one of them, and ED > Blight > Void Manipulation in the other. At level 18 you need to decide if you want extra damage on ED or Blight for leveling when you get Controlled Destruction to fill into the third socket. I usually level with Contagion and Blight as my focused spells, and only focus on ED damage once Contagion is too weak to kill white enemies on it's own.

I prefer that Arcane Surge activates with a single cast of Contagion. This makes it more practical, especially on bosses, where you don't really want to waste time by casting Contagion all the time. Level 9 is the sweet spot in this regard with a level 20 Contagion. You are free to level AS higher, but then you need to cast contagion more in order to activate it, which might result in less uptime for just 1-2% more spell damage.
This build is excellent, thank you for sharing it with us. I've easily got to 90 in the HSSF turmoil league using it and I'm planning on using it for Abyss, patch-notes-willing. Do you think 3.1 will hold any surprises for ED or Shadow or this build in particular?
I doubt it. ED on it's own is not strong enough to do anything reasonable when it comes to single target atm. The high DPS that this build gets with just a few relatively common uniques comes from combining 4(!) active skills, something that few or no other builds have to do. This means we sacrifice almost all other utility, and it feels pretty fair that we get this kind of DPS with such a low investment.

Just my two cents though, so who knows? maybe Allelopathy takes a small hit if they do something at all.
Thoughts after the "nerfs"? I don't think wither actually ever reached 20 stacks. And mind of matter still viable?
Last edited by Eakrich on Dec 4, 2017, 9:05:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info