[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

Ah, sorry that I didn't read your post carefully enough. Didn't realize that you were talking about different options for an Ascendant character. I'd say Occultist and Necromancer are quite similar overall. They both shine on different things. If you don't have a Presence of Chayula, I would pick Occultist for sure. It does open up a bit more once you get your other items as well. Another ascendancy you could consider is Juggernaut. Immunity to stun and endurance charge generation is pretty sweet as well as getting some much needed strength.

I would consider Jugg, Necro, Occultist and Trickster. Jugg seems like a budget option if you are short on everything, so Occultist + Trickster should be the go to choice. Necro is really interesting and a solid option once you have other means of getting stun immunity, so i guess you should start looking into that if you end up as an "ED enthusiast"

I hope you got a better answer this time around!
"
Nedieth wrote:
Ah, sorry that I didn't read your post carefully enough. Didn't realize that you were talking about different options for an Ascendant character. I'd say Occultist and Necromancer are quite similar overall. They both shine on different things. If you don't have a Presence of Chayula, I would pick Occultist for sure. It does open up a bit more once you get your other items as well. Another ascendancy you could consider is Juggernaut. Immunity to stun and endurance charge generation is pretty sweet as well as getting some much needed strength.

I would consider Jugg, Necro, Occultist and Trickster. Jugg seems like a budget option if you are short on everything, so Occultist + Trickster should be the go to choice. Necro is really interesting and a solid option once you have other means of getting stun immunity, so i guess you should start looking into that if you end up as an "ED enthusiast"

I hope you got a better answer this time around!

Yes, thanks - already an ED enthusiast! Did Ghazzys in Harbinger, this one in Abyss, this one again in Bestiary but transitioned to LL towards the end, and in Flashback i went with djnat's from the start. I just am not in love with the Necro/flesh offering thing, and I feel like on paper occultist/trickster is the way to go. I think ill respec and go back to occultist now before Flashback ends to see how it feels.
If you did not use the spider aspect, what weapon would you use then?
And what would your gem's link's?
Aspect of the Spider or Temp. Chains doesn't really matter for the weapon choice. The build can maintain max stack of all relevant debuffs regardless. The cast speed you can get somewhat makes up for the duration on BotC, so both are great choices. It boils down to personal preference. BotC should be better against bosses, while the rare weapons feel better for mapping with high cast and attack speed rolls.

We'll see what happens in 3.3. My plan is to try to use Vaal Blight in a 6L and ED in a Hungry Loop. With a setup like that, BotC will most likely pull even further ahead on bosses (strengthens the synergy with Spreading Rot). My dagger in Flashback cost me 20c, and my dagger in Bestiary was 10c. If you are a bit patient you can easily get both weapon setups and just swap between them depending on the situation or what you end up enjoying the most.
Thank You! You best)
What do you think of replacing that silver with a rotgut for mapping? It'd be a big speed increase since you're getting a quicksilver of adrenaline in addition to your current silver, though I guess it might be a tad worse for bossing. You can still get heat + warding + staunching easily on your flasks. Is there anything I'm missing? That swap seems like a really good idea overall.
Rotgut is a nice alternative for us, and I guess I should list it as a suggested unique flask along with Witchfire Brew. You will certainly not do anything wrong by choosing rotgut, but I have never used it. Even with a good roll, you rely on other sources of flask management in order to get two used out of a full flask. At least two uses has always been an unwritten rule for me, and the leagues where I have been using a belt with a good enough roll to support going rotgut and getting two uses, I have just never thought of it.

If you don't mind temporarily losing damage and attack/cast speed while mapping, and can get past the 1 use "issue", go for it.
Can you post the gear and gem setup you used to kill Uber Elder?
Last edited by dirauter on May 21, 2018, 12:08:45 AM

I didn't change anything in the build from my usual mapping setup. I am quite sure that BotC would be better for the fight. Maybe even Kaom's Roots would feel good. All the spells/attacks in the fight are so hard hitting that the stun/slow immunity might be worth it even for an evasion build...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info