[3.7] SC/HC - ED/Blight Trickster - Up to 10k eHP, Layered Defense, 3m DPS

I'm currently using this build to level, 38-ish at the moment and I'm loving it. Really fun.

However, I'm currently a little bit at a loss as to how to stay alive with this. I got half-decent life and mana, but it appears that regeneration alone isn't cutting it and I did not find any mention in this guide as to life leech or anything like that. Do you just pop a pot everytime you get hit, or how exactly does this work?
Do you think this boots can be useful for the build? Or better then a simple rare boots with resist and life

"
Bubonic Trail Murder Boots

Has 1 Abyssal Socket
Triggers Level 20 Death Walk when Equipped
6% increased maximum Life
30% increased Movement Speed
10% increased Damage for each type of Abyss Jewel affecting you

@sorlix, that depends how heavily you focus on abyssal jewels. You should be able to fit 7 quite easily, so if you are able to get some good rolls, those boots can be really nice.

@Anassi, at lower levels, the regeneration effect of Essence Drain is a joke. ED provides regeneration, and not leech, and is based off the tooltip damage of your spell. Where you are at, this regeneration is probably around 20-40 HP/S per enemy affected by ED. Once you get to maps and the ED tooltip starts reaching several tens of thousands, the matter is completely different. While clearing maps and fighting a lot of enemies, we effectively have Vaal Pact. Eventually you will get regen enchant on boots, pantheon powers and all sorts of handy mechanics to keep the life and mana up.

@Camatoo, I guess you mean Greater Multiple Projectiles? While it can be handy in order to hit enemies, I would never use it for mapping. In my opinion, it would be better to learn techniques to make hitting the correct targets. GMP results in a massive damage loss that I am afraid will bite you once you encounter slightly more tanky enemies.
"
Anassi wrote:
I'm currently using this build to level, 38-ish at the moment and I'm loving it. Really fun.

However, I'm currently a little bit at a loss as to how to stay alive with this. I got half-decent life and mana, but it appears that regeneration alone isn't cutting it and I did not find any mention in this guide as to life leech or anything like that. Do you just pop a pot everytime you get hit, or how exactly does this work?

I think it probably just learning the positioning moving timimg. You should be god like right now. Until maps I just make sure to have a seething flask and would run a mana or hybrid flask at your level. keep full with them and thats it. The other evasion flasks do wonders for this build but you can be lazy until maps. unless you play hc.
I was NOT aware that ED had a leech effect. Huh. That changes everything. And it's really notable even at my level, even though it doesn't keep me topped off against like 30 dudes in close.

Okay, got it! Thanks for the replies!
Hey, I'm lvl 86 atm using some of the tips from this build and other from Ghazzys - I have a question regarding the amulet slot assuming you don't have $$$ for that Despair aura amulet...would this not be a pretty good one instead https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Aylardex

You get really great life + mana, 50% mana regen, +5% DoT dmg from ascendancy from +1 power charge, ultra high uptime on power charges, total of 35% dmg from mana before life with MoM and since it's dirt cheap you should be able to get one with +1 max curse.

Anything I've missed since this amulet doesn't seem to have been mentioned before?
IGN: Dargeshaad
Pretty good build
Worst player
Last edited by Corpushen on Dec 18, 2017, 8:05:59 AM
Did that Witchfire Brew fix somehow affect regular Despair curse too? Suddenly I feel better for boss fights.
"
Dargeshaad wrote:
Hey, I'm lvl 86 atm using some of the tips from this build and other from Ghazzys - I have a question regarding the amulet slot assuming you don't have $$$ for that Despair aura amulet...would this not be a pretty good one instead https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Aylardex

You get really great life + mana, 50% mana regen, +5% DoT dmg from ascendancy from +1 power charge, ultra high uptime on power charges, total of 35% dmg from mana before life with MoM and since it's dirt cheap you should be able to get one with +1 max curse.

Anything I've missed since this amulet doesn't seem to have been mentioned before?
It makes it hard to equip perfect form. You need a lot of dex, and amulet is the best place to get it. It makes it tougher to balance resistances, especially if you still want perfect form.
"
Dargeshaad wrote:

i am currently running thuis build and i am using this amulet in combination with cloak of defiance.
Defense wise its pretty solid atm, but i might switch to perfect form and see how that goes.
Uptime on power charges is insane +the other stats are also amazing.
I'll see if i can get my dex in other places, caus this ammy is great.

Or if im rich enough i'll obviously get the new amulet and spec in to dual curses

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info