Mechanical Questions Thread

They would, is the point :)
Maybe it works better by explaining it the other way around, with gaining a Charge.

Let's say you have a Fireball with 100% Pierce, 6% Chance to Crit.
With no Power Charges, your Crit threshold is 100 - 6 = 94. The Crit roll needs to be above 94 for the Hit to be a Crit.
Each Power Charge grants 50% Increased Crit Chance, which equates to 6 * 0.5 = 3% Crit Chance.

So, you launch a Fireball, with zero Power Charges. The Crit roll is a 92.
First hit: 6% Crit chance, thus the Crit threshold is 94. 92 is below 94 -> no Crit.
Second hit: 6+3=9% Crit chance, threshold is 94-3=91. 92 is above 91, second Hit is a Crit.
The roll stays the same, but the result (the threshold check) does not stay the same.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 16, 2016, 10:41:25 AM
"
Vipermagi wrote:
They would, is the point :)
Maybe it works better by explaining it the other way around, with gaining a Charge.

Let's say you have a Fireball with 100% Pierce, 6% Chance to Crit.
With no Power Charges, your Crit threshold is 100 - 6 = 94. The Crit roll needs to be above 94 for the Hit to be a Crit.
Each Power Charge grants 50% Increased Crit Chance, which equates to 6 * 0.5 = 3% Crit Chance.

So, you launch a Fireball, with zero Power Charges. The Crit roll is a 92.
First hit: 6% Crit chance, thus the Crit threshold is 94. 92 is below 94 -> no Crit.
Second hit: 6+3=9% Crit chance, threshold is 94-3=91. 92 is above 91, second Hit is a Crit.
The roll stays the same, but the result (the threshold check) does not stay the same.

thanks for the quick reply the thing that confused me was just not knowing how critical strikes were calculated. the added out of context(to me) about crit just fucked my shit up. very helpful and informative +rep
"
Rupenus wrote:
it doesnt hard as LA or Barrage.
but yeah, LA requires walls to work,
barrage can be outmicro'ed with some tricks,
blast rain however lacks T value as mentioned before. it hits hard but in HLD there are ways to deal with it. In LLD it can be a big problem like any other aoe skill which lacks T value to make it even with other skills. if that's what you wanna hear, yes, it's one of the "broken" skills.
i dont know if you can use smoke mines in LLD, they work pretty well against blast rain.

"
lapiz wrote:
Well that completely depends on what you compare it to. Barrage can fairly easy do more damage than blast rain and things like properly linked CWS combo will do even more damage.
Blast rain is only good because of its interaction with T-value.. Just like the above mentioned things are as well.

Dear Mark_GGG, may you add some clarification on the T value interactions, and whether blast rain has a T value at all? Thanks!
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
Glove enchantments, Word of blades for instance, seems to get stronger when granted from higher difficulty labyrinths, with one seeming exception.

How does Word/Edict/Decree/Commandment "of War" scale? It seems to deal the same damage regardless of which tier it is.

Perhaps this is a bug? I had a theory that it would have minion damage scaling like "of Reflection" minions do but it doesn't seem to attack with a minion attack (it seems to use my attack, the way a totem, trap, or mine would).

This is my favorite enchantment and I would like to know if it can somehow be worth bothering to get the higher tier versions.
Hey guys. Been lurking for a little while, first post. I have a character that gets 57% aura effect from the tree and then 3% more from the jewel "conqueror's potency" for a total of 60% aura effect. I have a level 21 purity of lightning gem and socketed it into a +2 ring [[the pariah]] . I have 76% lightning resistance from the tree. If my math is correct, a level 23 PoL gives +5% lightning res natively and 60% increased effect of auras should give me an additional 3% lightning res on top of that. Stacked with my 76% Lightning res, this should take me to 84%--however, in game I am still only seeing 83% in my tooltip. I can tell that the conqueror's potency is helping my other auras (anger, discipline, haste, and Commander of Darkness buff).
Please see necromancer character on standard "BOWLCUT_TRIMMER"

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/likemy/characters

screenshot of tooltip defense:

http://i.imgur.com/UcsXyew.jpg

can anyone help?
Last edited by likemy on Nov 17, 2016, 9:05:36 AM
How come Lioneye's Fall doesn't hit the Galvanic Hammer node on the edge, but perfectly hit the Wrecking Ball node on the edge?

It just seems a bit weird to me that they're both literally on the edge, but only one of them actually do get affected by the Lioneye's Fall Jewel.
Participated in the working of the Dyadus Avatar of Fire Templar:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/896505
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Brutal_Fervour

Question regarding Brutal Fervour:
100% increased Life Leeched per second
+10% of maximum Life per second to maximum Life Leech rate
Cannot be Stunned while Leeching
You are Immune to Bleeding while Leeching

does the "...while leeching" part also apply to mana leech? For example, if an enemy is wearing Sin Trek's (enemies cannot leech life from you), but I am still leeching mana from hitting him, does Brutal Fervour still apply?

Thanks.
🎈🤡LEGACY MINER & TRAPPER MIRROR SERVICE: 1713980🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER UNIQUE: KAOM'S SPIRIT🎈Designer: IronVsWild🤡🎈
🎈🤡ETERNAL SUPPORTER SINCE APRIL 2012🤡🎈
🎈🤡IGN: CLOWNPOWDER & CLOWNLIVESMATTER🤡🎈
My char has:

57 % increased effect of Non-Curse Auras you Cast (from skill tree)
3 % increased effect of Non-Curse Auras you Cast (from Conquerer's potency)

5 % max. fire/cold/lightning resistance

Finally my char gets 82 % max. resistance. Can me someone explain why? My calculation says me it should be 83 %.
Last edited by Wp_blitzi on Nov 17, 2016, 5:46:05 PM
It's a known bug, GGG is looking into it.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
It's a known bug, GGG is looking into it.

*Smile* I found a bug. Looking forward to get it fixed soon [probably in the next patch? :-) ].

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info