[2.2] Scion Clone Generator - Mirror + Blink Arrow Army (100K++ DPS) [Easy Atziri kills]

"
OgreCasteel wrote:
I think the first DPS curse you should run is Proj Weakness. That % projectile damage taken is it's own "More" modifier which works multiplicitively with -% enemy resists. Adding additional -% enemy resists ontop of something like EE is much weaker than another true "More" multiplier. Plus that 25% knockback is surprisingly strong defensively.

You shouldn't have any three links... you have your bow, your chest, and boots/gloves/helm.

You have got a chest like victario's for your auras, your bow for your mirror arrow links, helm for a dual curse on hit, boots for blink arrow + vaal Gem, and gloves for your CwDT setup. I am still wondering about your Vaal Haste since AFAIK with the attack speed cap on the clones it doesn't do anything. I have found that Vaal Discipline solves most of my survivability issues. With the 80% damage reduction on the clones, an extra 1000 ES keeps em propped up pretty good.

Ya, agreed that Projectile Weakness would definitely provide a better dps yield for my clones. But I am using Ele Weakness atm cause I don't have any gear that can support 3G links.

Bow is used for 5L Blink arrow and chest for 6L Mirror arrow setup.

I am still contemplating about using Victario's Influence to get 1 additional aura and possibly even have Arctic armor up along with the auras. This is because mirror arrow is currently running on 6linked setup and I am not sure if losing 2 links on my main skill is worth the 1 aura, eventhough the aura provides more dps to all my clones... I need to do some math for this setup.

Survival of clones mean nothing as they only have 3 second up time and they barely die. Vaal Haste helps my clones reach 2.0 APS as I am currently only at 1.83, and it also boost the Vaal Skellies which I am using. Don't think I would drop Vaal Skellies as they seem to do a lot in boss fights along with clones and Vaal Haste.
[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
Hmnn... That's another difference between our builds i guess. I don't use Blink arrow for damage at all. It's just there by itself for a movement skill. I actually think the curse on hit setup does more damage + survivability than another set of clones does. You said you are using enfeeble right now. Switching out Blink Arrow for a CoH setup will add EE for 50% more damage, and Projectile weakness for 40% more damage. That's assuming you get +1 curse from somewhere(pretty cheap really). 50%+40% more = 110% more. That's more increased damage than you are getting from doubling your clones. Triple curse and beyond will be atleast 20% more per curse, or significant personal survivability gains. That's ignoring Curse effectiveness nodes, which might boost that # by another 20% or so.
"
OgreCasteel wrote:
Hmnn... That's another difference between our builds i guess. I don't use Blink arrow for damage at all. It's just there by itself for a movement skill. I actually think the curse on hit setup does more damage + survivability than another set of clones does. You said you are using enfeeble right now. Switching out Blink Arrow for a CoH setup will add EE for 50% more damage, and Projectile weakness for 40% more damage. That's assuming you get +1 curse from somewhere(pretty cheap really). 50%+40% more = 110% more. That's more increased damage than you are getting from doubling your clones. Triple curse and beyond will be atleast 20% more per curse, or significant personal survivability gains. That's ignoring Curse effectiveness nodes, which might boost that # by another 20% or so.

Do you run only using mirror arrow with increased duration and not use sunblast so that your clones last longer?

With sunblast, they only last 3 seconds and after testing with just blink or mirror alone, the traps do not cooldown fast enough to ensure a good clone generation and clear speed.

So far, I rarely encounter near death experiences, so I have no CWDT, reason also that I do not have much remaining slots for a defense gem setup...

Ya, I just got a boots with high dex which let me refund a point to go into Ele Equil along with a ring with cold damage (clones do phy, fire and lightning dmg).

Dual cursing is surely an option as I am infront of the dual curse cluster, but not sure if dropping chain for another curse is worth more than spreading the curse all over, especially ranged bosses hiding behind packs or what not.

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
"
174nana wrote:
Is it confirmed that accuracy on anything or anywhere else besides bow and quiver does not matter?

I tried using my 400 pdps harbinger and got 75% accuracy, I am not sure if the lose of 25% chance to hit worth the DPS gained, unless it is 25% or more dps gained.

There is also no wording in the line from Slayer that says minions don't get it or specifically only the player gets it, I hope GGG rewords some of these skills to be more clear.

Since I got Slayer path, I noticed map bosses, dying much faster than before.

Ya, just hit 88, just 2 more levels to go :D

As with minions in general, besides support gems, nothing you pick up that does not explicitly state it affects minions should apply. Be wary of confirmation bias. :)

The only exception with Mirror/Blink arrow specifically is their inheritance of your bow/quiver. So your X arrow tooltip is irrelevant with regard to both damage & accuracy. I'm not sure what the base accuracy of the minions is, only ever used Lioneye's.

FWIW: I've been using Rain of Arrows - Curse on Hit - Projectile Weakness - Increased AoE quite successfully. Curse on hit attack of choice is of course highly subject to personal taste. But when it comes to links:

* One 5-6L for Mirror Arrow traps.
* One 5-6L for Blink Arrow traps.
* One 4L for curse on hit.
* One 4L for auras.

I completely agree with the statement that a CWDT setup does not give much bang for the buck with this kind of build.

This leaves one 4L for whatever else. With your setup I suppose you'd want a 2L Stone Golem for regeneration and a 2L for movement (hardcore mindset - you want some movement ability). In my opinion you could well afford to leave out vaal haste/vaal summon skeletons - or you could opt to have them as standalone gems in 5+1Ls until you get hold of 6Ls.

Another option would be to skip Trap/Cluster Trap on your Blink Arrow. This way you'd have a readily available movement skill and gain links for other usage on the rest of your gear, but lose out on some aoe damage. Replacing trap/cluster would make room for two nice damage gems of choice though - say, Increased Duration & Pierce, making up for the gap in single target dps.

Not saying you *should* do any of the aforementioned stuff, but I strongly encourage you to keep testing and adjusting your setup - there are quite some options! Theorycrafting is nice and all, but only in game testing gives a fair view of a build's offense and defense in reality.
"
Nymphzetamine wrote:

As with minions in general, besides support gems, nothing you pick up that does not explicitly state it affects minions should apply. Be wary of confirmation bias. :)

The only exception with Mirror/Blink arrow specifically is their inheritance of your bow/quiver. So your X arrow tooltip is irrelevant with regard to both damage & accuracy. I'm not sure what the base accuracy of the minions is, only ever used Lioneye's.

FWIW: I've been using Rain of Arrows - Curse on Hit - Projectile Weakness - Increased AoE quite successfully. Curse on hit attack of choice is of course highly subject to personal taste. But when it comes to links:

* One 5-6L for Mirror Arrow traps.
* One 5-6L for Blink Arrow traps.
* One 4L for curse on hit.
* One 4L for auras.

I completely agree with the statement that a CWDT setup does not give much bang for the buck with this kind of build.

This leaves one 4L for whatever else. With your setup I suppose you'd want a 2L Stone Golem for regeneration and a 2L for movement (hardcore mindset - you want some movement ability). In my opinion you could well afford to leave out vaal haste/vaal summon skeletons - or you could opt to have them as standalone gems in 5+1Ls until you get hold of 6Ls.

Another option would be to skip Trap/Cluster Trap on your Blink Arrow. This way you'd have a readily available movement skill and gain links for other usage on the rest of your gear, but lose out on some aoe damage. Replacing trap/cluster would make room for two nice damage gems of choice though - say, Increased Duration & Pierce, making up for the gap in single target dps.

Not saying you *should* do any of the aforementioned stuff, but I strongly encourage you to keep testing and adjusting your setup - there are quite some options! Theorycrafting is nice and all, but only in game testing gives a fair view of a build's offense and defense in reality.

Ya, I just learnt that from this Link.

Might give rain a try, but split+chain is getting the job done very good and hits stuff far away lolx

I am running vaal skellie linked to my stone golem with minion life. A spectre gem is also riding along to fill up the 4L. Its not bad when I get ape chieftains or what not.

No problem so far without movement skill, even done atziri easily. I got Adrenaline Quicksilvers.

Wish I can go Increased Duration, but it kill Sunblast, making me lose instant trigger and clone on location, on demand.

Indeed, am amazed how fast this build clears things while I am fairly safe thanks to enemies choosing to target my clones or stone golem taunting them.

Just can't get over how crazy perandus boxes is able to kill my clones when atziri trios struggle...

Last edited by 174nana on Apr 21, 2016, 9:04:12 AM
Update:

- Atziri viable - CONFIRMED, easy peasy kills

- Atziri Run Setup and Video in original post

I love this build. It is very unique. I have all those uniques required lying around.

But how do I level up this build?
"
Celiel wrote:
I love this build. It is very unique. I have all those uniques required lying around.

But how do I level up this build?

Thanks and glad you like the build.

I have included a few simple goals as you level up and also a few different skill trees at 50, 80 and 100 skill points, which you can find in the main post.

This should help you better plan and progress in the skill tree.

You initially level up as a caster or trapper as you will have a lot of Intelligence but low accuracy.

Freezing Pulse, Arc, etc are good options as they are good eventhough you aren't a full caster. Ice Trap is a good option for trapping, combined with Fire trap and Lightning trap. I suggest going as a trapper as you will be picking up some trap skills on the way.

For your convenience, I have also put the short leveling guide here.
Spoiler
Skill Tree at 50 Skill Points
Spoiler

- Start off by leveling as either a caster (any spell) or a trapper (ice trap).
- Initial goal is to get to Clever Construction while picking up a few useful nodes.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAREPFLAc3Cj6MtE1kjpYQYdFnUcGSshMLVNSVcZkqmo2bqpwUXZve8N-sIIegseC5IhCiq-PGo9Gj_qQEZrgm4aboacIrJi18rc-uJO-vMHF0NDYVNi92t3b5-vu7Bj31_no_go=

Skill Tree at 80 Skill Points
Spoiler

- By now, your goal is to start to transition into using Blink & Mirror arrow supported with Trap + Cluster Trap.
- Try to get Dexterity on your gear when possible to allow you to use a level appropriate bow as you will have minimal amounts of Dexterity.
- A good jewel to use to get some Dexterity early on is a Careful Planning Jewel (converts nearby Intelligence to Dexterity). Place this jewel in the jewel socket between Elemental Equilibrium and Mind over Matter.
- You should also be transitioning into Eldritch Battery with Zealot Oath as you get minimal mana regeneration from your tree. Alternative is to run Clarity with Elreon Jewelry.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQDuBLMRDxSwGmwc3Cj6Kk0s6S9vMtE1kjpYPydBh0VHRZ1HBkjnSVFKyEwtU1JVxlqRYqxkqmjyajZqrGyMbqpwUXC7dm97w36wgh6Cx4Lkg9uGs4hCiq-PGo9Gj_qQEZrgm4aboZ2qna6iAKcIqH2smLTFtfK3PriTvrzAZsHF0NDT-9hU2L3ZE9rd2wvb5-vu7BjwH_DV98H31_no_go=

Skill Tree at 100 Skill Points
Spoiler
- You should be having sufficient Dexterity on your gear and tree to allow you to use Lioneye's Glare by level 66.
- The aim now is to get the rest of the Minion Damage nodes and Life nodes on the path to reach the end build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAAAAQDuBLMHHhEPFLAWbxcvGmwc3CSqJLAo-ipNLOkvbzLRNZI26TpYOw0_J0GHRUdFnUcGSOdJUUrITC1Ms025U1JVxlqRYqxkqmjyajZqrGvbbIxuqnBRcLt2b3vDfrCApIIegseC5IPbhWCGs4hCiq-PGo9Gj_qQEZUumuCbhpuhnaqdrqIApwiofarErJi0xbXytz64k768wGbBxcy80B_Q0NP72FTYvdkT2t3bC9vn42rr7uwY7Irv6_Af8NX3wffX-ej60v4K

Cheers :)

Last edited by 174nana on Apr 22, 2016, 10:36:57 AM
hi

I've decided to remake my blink summoner again(mine died at 96 a month ago) and fighting uber atziri has always been sketchy as I cannot one shot her in her splitting phase, due to not enough traps triggering. Now I am testing out the sunblast + two cheap construction jewels and it brings me from 35.4 trap duration to 19.2 making the combo totally useless. I have a similar tree to yours with the sion nodes but I also have the 30% increased from mistress of sacrifice so it's possible that ascendancy node is calculated differently?
Now just tested removing the whole ascendancy branch. Has indeed brought down the trap duration to a lower time but not even remotely close to 0 with still using sunblast + the two jewels.

Edit: Oh nevermind, I may have looked at the wrong person but you indeed didn't take any increased duration at all. Yeah I can see that being tedious but most importantly wouldn't allow me to use Mistress of Sacrifice for the overpowered block chance. Now to find an easier way.. mh
Last edited by Chillsing on Apr 23, 2016, 11:43:55 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info