[2.2] Scion Clone Generator - Mirror + Blink Arrow Army (100K++ DPS) [Easy Atziri kills]

i use almost the same build.

i use rearguard as quiver (extra arrow corruption)
guardian+necro ascendacies instead of sabo/slayer for a better aura buff and some defensive stuff
i use a alpha's howl with generousity and empower, on haste and hatred.
this combined with flesh offering gives my minions a huge attack speed buff
i use a writhing jar to trigger traps if i can't get close to my enemy's,
sunblast had no use for me, i rather use a better defensive belt.

i want to use my vis mortis for unholy might.. but i haven't 6linked it yet

i'd like to know what you think of this xD
Last edited by f00g on Apr 17, 2016, 7:43:57 AM
"
f00g wrote:
i use almost the same build.

i use rearguard as quiver (extra arrow corruption)
guardian+necro ascendacies instead of sabo/slayer for a better aura buff and some defensive stuff
i use a alpha's howl with generousity and empower, on haste and hatred.
this combined with flesh offering gives my minions a huge attack speed buff
i use a writhing jar to trigger traps if i can't get close to my enemy's,
sunblast had no use for me, i rather use a better defensive belt.

i want to use my vis mortis for unholy might.. but i haven't 6linked it yet

i'd like to know what you think of this xD

I am not too sure about the need to defensive especially on the clones as they die after 3 seconds.

But having better defenses definitely helps with your own survivability.

I am considering an alphas howl but I find a victario's influence better as it lets me carry 3 auras.

I though offerings don't work on mirror/blink arrow clones?

Writhing jars to proc traps sounds like a good idea, is it reliable enough?
[3.7]Chaos Agnostic - CRAZY Life & Mana Sustain!!!:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2590042

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
Hello again,

Indeed Offerings work on your clones, they are still [Minion]s. :) As stated before, Flesh Offering does not do much for them though. I didn't think much about their attack speed cap and was still using it upon finally having to "retire" my character after trying to bite off a tad more than I could chew... (The Alluring Abyss graciously offered me a ticket to Standard.) Live and learn, I suppose!

I'd say Bone Offering is still great if you go the non-trap route for them, even with a duration of barely six seconds with the duration nodes the squishiness of the clones was occasionally quite noticeable (Perandus Packs early on, generic big damage aoe-splashy stuff later on).

I wouldn't say Hatred is worth it when it comes to boosting the minions' DPS with auras, you're not really scaling the minions' base physical damage by a lot, so Wrath/Anger would certainly yield more benefit.

You should definitely consider EE though, if not from any Curse on Hit setup you're pondering, then perhaps you could chuck down a ranged attack totem with increased duration to give you some twelve seconds of time to go ham with traps against weakened enemies. This with your elemental auras on Generosity, of course. :)

As OgreCasteel mentioned, Infractem, especially with Drillneck, is indeed a very strong alternative to using Lioneye's. Potentially even better if I knew more specific details about the minions' attack speed cap, but alas, I don't.

Roth's Reach I did not even consider until now. Very interesting, might try out at some point!

-C
Is the offering buff persistent so new clones get it or would I have to constantly cast offering for new clones to get them? This is because the clones last only 3 seconds in my build.

Ya, Hatred gives about 60% dps yield compared to anger or wrath of equal level when I tested.

With the minimal accuracy on this build, to use any bow that requires accuracy would require heavy investment into gear (ringsx2, glove and helm) with 300-400 accuracy on them to reach 90%.

I did some testing with my friend's 400pdps harbinger bow, and get 75% chance to hit with no accuracy bonus with the tooltip dps on default attack being the same as a 100% chance to hit Lioneye's Glare.

Drillneck + Infractem would definitely help with the clones clearing packs, but I am not sure if the large accuracy requirement in gearing is worth it or not.

[S1E8]Hideout of the week, Mausoleum of Bones: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1088469
UPDATED

- Added Skill tree for level 90

- Added Flask setup

- Added non-unique Jewel suggestions

- Tested build without Clever Construction, traps will die to damage (damage on ground or well timed damage in the vicinity of the trap) when thrown and before it is instantly triggered by Sunblast. Conclusion, Clever Construction is a must.

Last edited by 174nana on Apr 19, 2016, 2:16:52 AM
One way to look at Lioneyes vs Infractem is to average it out... It's alot of math that i don't want to do, but i can point out the different options.

Total damage = Damage per hit * avg # of hits per attack(Piercing) * % accuracy. Lets pretend you do 1000 per hit.

1: lioneyes without a CoH setup with Proj Weakness
you have 1 hit per attack and 100% accuracy... easy math, 1000.

2: Lioneyes with Proj Weakness
you have about 1.6 ish hits per attack with 100% accuracy. This is also easy, 1600 total damage.

3: Lioneyes with Proj Weakness and Pierce gem
While this gives you 100%, im going to say you lose 20% damage from the pierce gem over a higher damage link. So lets say with 100% pierce you are getting 3 hits per average with 100% accuracy but only 80% damage per hit. This gem really shows how many massive more multipliers we can get with this build.
This one is a bit harder, but 800*3*100% = 2400 total damage.

4: Infractem
so lets say 75% accuracy with 100% pierce. But with drillneck, you are getting 100% increased damage, which from looking at my gems and tree looks to be about a 20% total increase in damage. This gives you 3 hits per attack at 75% accuracy and 120% damage.

1200*3*75% = 2700

So Your numbers will be different based on how much Minion damage you have on your tree and gear, but for me, Infractem does noticably more even with reduced accuracy. If you look at a Physical build, you have Trap - Cluster trap - Mirror Arrow - Minion Damage - PPaD - Trap Cooldown. With an elemental build, its the same except swap PPaD for WED. Anything changed to pierce will be a major loss of dps(yes, 20% more multi is a major dps loss).

Second i don't know how you can say you don't have time to use an attack to keep up EE. Using split shot to apply curses which do more damage than a single round of clones will do also lets you apply EE, and also lets you put the curses down from a MUCH safer distance than trying to blasphemy them or wasting time manually casting them. And curses are a MAJOR source of damage for the clones. 40% more multiplier from Projectile weakness alone. If you are elemental and not using Elemental weakness, you are doing it wrong.

[Edited to fix some numbers]
Last edited by OgreCasteel on Apr 19, 2016, 7:37:17 PM
"
OgreCasteel wrote:
One way to look at Lioneyes vs Infractem is to average it out... It's alot of math that i don't want to do, but i can point out the different options.

Total damage = Damage per hit * avg # of hits per attack(Piercing) * % accuracy. Lets pretend you do 1000 per hit.

1: lioneyes without a CoH setup with Proj Weakness
you have 1 hit per attack and 100% accuracy... easy math, 1000.

2: Lioneyes with Proj Weakness
you have about 1.6 ish hits per attack with 100% accuracy. This is also easy, 1600 total damage.

3: Lioneyes with Proj Weakness and Pierce gem
While this gives you 100%, im going to say you lose 20% damage from the pierce gem over a higher damage link. So lets say with 100% pierce you are getting 3 hits per average with 100% accuracy but only 80% damage per hit. This gem really shows how many massive more multipliers we can get with this build.
This one is a bit harder, but 800*3*100% = 2400 total damage.

4: Infractem
so lets say 75% accuracy with 100% pierce. But with drillneck, you are getting 100% increased damage, which from looking at my gems and tree looks to be about a 20% total increase in damage. This gives you 3 hits per attack at 75% accuracy and 120% damage.

1200*3*75% = 2700

So Your numbers will be different based on how much Minion damage you have on your tree and gear, but for me, Infractem does noticably more even with reduced accuracy. If you look at a Physical build, you have Trap - Cluster trap - Mirror Arrow - Minion Damage - PPaD - Trap Cooldown. With an elemental build, its the same except swap PPaD for WED. Anything changed to pierce will be a major loss of dps(yes, 20% more multi is a major dps loss).

Second i don't know how you can say you don't have time to use an attack to keep up EE. Using split shot to apply curses which do more damage than a single round of clones will do also lets you apply EE, and also lets you put the curses down from a MUCH safer distance than trying to blasphemy them or wasting time manually casting them. And curses are a MAJOR source of damage for the clones. 40% more multiplier from Projectile weakness alone. If you are elemental and not using Elemental weakness, you are doing it wrong.

[Edited to fix some numbers]

Thanks for the breakdown, I guess if you put it this way, 75% accuracy with Infractem yields a better overall dps.

Will give it a try and see if the numbers live up when running a map.

Its not just no time, I need to have a 3link for the setup of split arrow + curse on hit + ele weakness, which I might be able to do by dropping vaal haste.

I am using Enfeeble as the curse of choice now as it helps to reduce the chance of potentially getting one shot by random heavy hitters. It can easily be sub with ele weakness if I feel the clones isn't doing enough damage, but no reason to as the clones kills almost anything so easily now that I am sitting at 279% increased minion damage.

Great that you tested 100% reduced trap duration + Clever Construction interaction! Never got to it myself, but now I know :-)

Mind you that with regard to accuracy your jewellery wouldn't be doing anything with the clones (that are actually minions), pretty much the only things you have that can help are flat accuracy on the bow/quiver and Lioneye's. Poacher's Marking mobs would work too, but I don't see that having a say in this context.

Also, I don't your Slayer ascendancy is doing anything for the minions (it shouldn't). If not Necromancer, I'd go for something with generic defensive stats for your dual ascendancy.

Besides that, your tree and build in general are starting to look real solid! 90 should be a breeze :)
I think the first DPS curse you should run is Proj Weakness. That % projectile damage taken is it's own "More" modifier which works multiplicitively with -% enemy resists. Adding additional -% enemy resists ontop of something like EE is much weaker than another true "More" multiplier. Plus that 25% knockback is surprisingly strong defensively.

You shouldn't have any three links... you have your bow, your chest, and boots/gloves/helm.

You have got a chest like victario's for your auras, your bow for your mirror arrow links, helm for a dual curse on hit, boots for blink arrow + vaal Gem, and gloves for your CwDT setup. I am still wondering about your Vaal Haste since AFAIK with the attack speed cap on the clones it doesn't do anything. I have found that Vaal Discipline solves most of my survivability issues. With the 80% damage reduction on the clones, an extra 1000 ES keeps em propped up pretty good.
"
Nymphzetamine wrote:
Great that you tested 100% reduced trap duration + Clever Construction interaction! Never got to it myself, but now I know :-)

Mind you that with regard to accuracy your jewellery wouldn't be doing anything with the clones (that are actually minions), pretty much the only things you have that can help are flat accuracy on the bow/quiver and Lioneye's. Poacher's Marking mobs would work too, but I don't see that having a say in this context.

Also, I don't your Slayer ascendancy is doing anything for the minions (it shouldn't). If not Necromancer, I'd go for something with generic defensive stats for your dual ascendancy.

Besides that, your tree and build in general are starting to look real solid! 90 should be a breeze :)

Is it confirmed that accuracy on anything or anywhere else besides bow and quiver does not matter?

I tried using my 400 pdps harbinger and got 75% accuracy, I am not sure if the lose of 25% chance to hit worth the DPS gained, unless it is 25% or more dps gained.

There is also no wording in the line from Slayer that says minions don't get it or specifically only the player gets it, I hope GGG rewords some of these skills to be more clear.

Since I got Slayer path, I noticed map bosses, dying much faster than before.

Ya, just hit 88, just 2 more levels to go :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info