GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

What to do with chaos resistant enemy? Yesterday trying to clear Hall of grandmasters. That was very frustrating =(
So, I am at level 72, I started mapping yesterday and I was wondering, how much life and mana should you have?

Now I'm standing around 4.6k life and 1k mana, close to get 2x Grand Spectrum and MoM.
Hey loving the build for leveling so far!

I have one question regarding

Cast When Damage Taken:
- Cast When Damage Taken, Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Vaal Lightning Trap

The tooltip on Cast When Damage Taken states this does not work on Traps.

Do you have any other suggestions on an alternative?

Regards
"
Ihazurpistola wrote:

Cast When Damage Taken:
- Cast When Damage Taken, Immortal Call, Increased Duration, Vaal Lightning Trap

Regards

Vaal gems don't work with trigger.
"

Cast When Damage Taken:

Regards

I've just been using cwdt flame golem instead of lightning trap
Last edited by Paranoiac on Aug 30, 2017, 7:36:24 PM
which gem should i prioritize quality the most? and how do i deal with bosses? tried t11 mapping and the whole experience is irritatingly challenging, i am beginning to think that this build is no boss killer.. any advice or tips is much appreciated.. =)
Have anyone carried more than 3-4 people on Uber Izaro? Is it doable and what was your DPS?
What's up man, just starting out w/ POE as a whole so I'm not entirely too sure what I'm doing but I just hit end game and am honestly getting pummeled.

I'm not even sure how to link my gear but my profile is public so you can see it. It's only level 69 but I'm struggling staying alive in even T2/3 maps.
I have some +resistance/spell damage gloves at level 73 but that's about it.

Any help is appreciated, really enjoyed this play style.
Hey guys,

Let me start by apologizing for the VERY late responses, my girlfriend turned 25 so I haven't had the time!

"
SerotonX wrote:
Ok, i am noob but can somebody explain why there are 4 support gems linked to each other in many of your equipment builds? Am i missing something?

If you are refering to the Allelopathy gloves it is because the gloves grants you a high lvl Blight ability which is supported by the gems inside the gloves :)
Any other items with only support gems in confuses me as I could not find any.

"
Chatz wrote:
Hey Ghazzy,

I'm loving this build, playing it as a starter in HHC. Any suggestions for my next purchase? I've saved up probably about 50c just working my way through white maps. I feel pretty safe as is - was wondering what would be a good upgrade for damage (maybe a 6L?)

Also a couple questions:

1. I noticed you recommend those unique mana jewels - How would I decide between those and some damage jewels?

2. Why do you recommend a quicksilver flask? I shield charge everywhere - would it be of any use? I'm using 2x seething divine and jade, granite, basalt right now and loving the defense utility.

Hey,

Glad you like it bro!
Start by at least getting a 5L imo.

1) My suggestion is this: 2x Spreading Rot > 3x Grand Spectrum Cobalt Jewels > Rare Damage Jewels. You will use the mana providers when you need more mana to fully sustain the mitigating effect provided by Mind over Matter. (A calculator for this is located in the guide itself).

2) Shield Charge is affected by movement speed. :)

"
Nauds wrote:
Thanks for the quick response!

Is it worth leveling up the Clarity gem? It seems less mana reserved would be good, but im not sure. Seems like people who post gear are leveling up their clarity gem.

To put it this way:
The reserved mana is pretty much not noticable and the higher your regen the more reliable your mitigating effect from the MoM is.

"
NicoTn wrote:
"
Nauds wrote:
Thanks for the quick response!

Is it worth leveling up the Clarity gem? It seems less mana reserved would be good, but im not sure. Seems like people who post gear are leveling up their clarity gem.

The mana regen helps out with MoM.

Great build ghazzy very fun to play, here is my current setup.

Spoiler

Using what i find at the moment, gonna need to stock up before i can get into crafting.

Awesome to hear bro <3

"
Hey, great guide, i'm a BIG fan,try out two of your builds already. Now i'm giving a chance to your ED.

I see that ppl did a little change on the gloves with the blight set up. Is that more eficienty then the whiter totem set up? Never did a chaos build so i have no clue how scale work

I cant find those jewls with 30 mana on poe.trade, only with 15, is there a especific way to look for then?

I'm not sure wich will be the better chest, i have curency to buy either the Cherrubim's Maleficence Triumphant Lamellar or the Cloak of defience both 6l with the color we need. I already have the empower lv3. So wich will be better option to the end-game like shaper and stuff?

I'm playing on softcore standard btw;

Hey,

Cheers! <3
I would personally keep Wither Totem and cast Blight manually after applying ED :)

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Grand_Spectrum_(Cobalt_Jewel) thats the jewel you want to look for. (in softcore league search poe.trade = http://poe.trade/search/utotogitekomod)

Softcore / Damage approach = Cherrubim
Hardcore / Survival approach = CoD

"
Timmysas wrote:
What should i improve for this build i have a
that iam trying to 6link

my gear right now
Spoiler

Thanks for answers :)

Hey,

The helmet is really bad you can get much better stats from a rare one.
Weapon can have much more spell dmg or you can get a unique one such as Breath of the Council.
Gloves doesn't provide any damage to ED as of patch 3.0 which makes them sort of useless, I would recommend getting Allelopathy gloves as described in the guide.

The chest piece is great GL linking it bro! :)

"
Nemonin wrote:
Why do you suggest taking "Walk the Aether" as your first ascendancy and then in your 39 skill point tree have +1 frenzy charges. Isn't that a waste of 2 points up until you take "Swift Killer"?

Very good observation, I chose to do this as some people prefer to take Swift Killer first, I honestly can't decide myself which approach I prefer starting with, when I've done this build I've tested both and honestly still can't decide.

"
isn't the https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Aylardex is perfect for this build, is it ?

It's a great amulet choice, personally I prefer to use Bisco's Collar if the gear allows.

"
keygy wrote:
"
DrKatz11 wrote:
A lot of people have mentioned low damage. I'm surprised no one tried going down from the beginning of the shadow tree and grabbing Method to the Madness and the chaos passives leading up to it. Would this give us a substantial boost in DPS? The build seems to have more than enough life and effective HP.

a lot of ppl run double flask setup with whispers of doom and the witchbrew flask, you have a node next to it that gives you chaos damage too

+1

"
jlamb022 wrote:
I'm doing good with this build at the moment, I don't really get the mana jewels though. 30 mana more important than other jewels?

Still feel a little squishy against certain bosses. Lycius just destroys me I can't touch him.
Got about 4.5k life and 1.5k mana reserved.

Any advice? Not sure how to link my gear but I feel like it's pretty strong.

Your character profile is set to private, check your settings via the website and make sure it's set to public in your settings.

Regarding the Grand Spectrum Jewels;
They provide 30 flat mana Per jewel which means they provide 60 each if you have 2, and 90 each if you have 3 which is 270 flat mana which is scaled by all your mana modifiers providing TONS of mana to help sustain the mitigating effect provided by Mind over Matter.

Fix your settings of your profile and I will gladly help you out with sorting your character out! :)

"
MisterJDLJ wrote:
Trying to determine how to make this stronger. I've been running t15 harbinger maps and I'm noticeably the weakest one in the group dps-wise. It's frustrating and very difficult to turn a profit due to this fact. Where can I improve in a significant manner?

The shield is more for cosmetics and because the harbinger is cool. Super broke and haven't been able to 6l yet, first time ever making it this far.

Life: 5255
Total mana after reservations: 1985

DoT builds & most minion builds are not really designed to work very well in party plays as the abilities are insanely hard for GGG to balance as it is.
The shield not having proper spell dmg stats affects your general DMG output but ultimately the build is not a party play build :/

"
Paranoiac wrote:

What's more important, more armor and evasion or higher life? Which one should i attempt to 6l for this build?

Baseline defence stats are not something we care about, so life roll is most important.

"
romaen wrote:
Hello!
Which "Arcane Surge Support" Gem level would u guys recommend?
And should i put the "Item Rarity Support" Gem to Contagion or Essence Drain?

If I decided to use IIR it would be on Contagion.
Arcane Surge depends on your lvl of preference, some prefer it to be proccing on every cast whilst others prefer it on every 2nd or even 3rd cast. Do keep in mind that the buff lasts 4 seconds.

"
caramonty wrote:
Hey Ghazzy -

Thanks again for great build. Here's my character and I am wondering if I should go +1 tabula or 5l cherrubim's?

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/caramonty/characters

Or should I just save all my coins and wait till I have enough for a 6l cherrubim's?

Any idea if I should just buy a low socket cherrubim and 6l it myself? is it worth it or better to just buy?

Any other tips? Sounds like I need to craft rings next (if not chest and empower 3+).

Since i'm softcore, i also went down and took a little more chaos damage nodes for good measure.

Hey,

Cheers! <3

Keep in mind that Witchfire brew flask and a Blasphemy curse doesn't stack you need to get +1 curses via Doedre's ring, Windscream Boots or as I would suggest, moving north on the skilltree (drop some mana) and get Whispers of Doom cluster.

I would personally prefer to 6L the cherrubim myself but if you are unlucky you might lose currency doing it manually rather than buying an already 6L one.
I would honestly only go for a 6L cherrubim if I have a lvl 3+ Empower otherwise I would stick with a 5L :)

A tip when linking unique items that are fairly cheap as the Cherrubim:
Craft 5L and sell them whilst getting a new cherrubim that you try to 6L, it will take a bit longer time but generally you get some currency back for each 5L you get in your progress towards a 6L unless of course the prices for 5L cherrubims are stupidly cheap, in which case I would just continuesly roll over 5L till you hit that 6L.

"
DannyV14 wrote:
Hey , just wondering what your gems levels are at, I couldn't find a list in the guide / thread . Thanks in advance!

CWDT lvl 3 with a matching lvl of 5 or 6 on the IC.

Arcane Surge depends on your persona preference.

The rest is 20/20+

"
keygy wrote:
a question about MoM..we normally run enfeeble with blasphemy thats 35% less of mana pool for MoM its really worth it? i mean enfeeble grants you about..25-30% reduction?

what i wanna say if MoM+Enfeeble(Blasphemy) its best than MoM without that 35% reserved mana.

If you feel that it's not worth it you can run Vulnerability or even TC as the curses, or non at all it's really up to you in the end :)

"
rickpollock wrote:
"
MisterJDLJ wrote:
Trying to determine how to make this stronger. I've been running t15 harbinger maps and I'm noticeably the weakest one in the group dps-wise. It's frustrating and very difficult to turn a profit due to this fact. Where can I improve in a significant manner?

I'm pretty sure the guide calls out this build isn't really optimized for group play.

+1

"
keygy wrote:
"
wtfbliz wrote:
Your mana at endgame should regenerate fast enough that your only real concern is that it can soak 1 big hit.

As has been pointed out, as long as the non reserved portion of your mana pool is roughly 40% of your health pool you should have enough.

If you never, ever run out of mana, you would agree you have geared too much mana, yes? If you run with a full 100% unreserved mana pool, you will never, ever run out of mana before you die.

thanks! btw do you guys recomend going for whisper of doom?

Yes, yes I do.

I sadly am not a fulltime streamer so I haven't had the time to update all the build guide gameplay footage / youtube video, which includes extreme extensive testing of this build. Once I've done that I will polish the guide for a properly minmaxed aproach.

"
Nauds wrote:
Once I replace piercing support with empower on my 6L chest, would it be worth it to take Piercing Shots on the Shadow skill tree?

Only if you really feel desperate, the Pierce is absolutely only a QoL thing which is far from mandatory.

"
keygy wrote:
"
Nauds wrote:
Once I replace piercing support with empower on my 6L chest, would it be worth it to take Piercing Shots on the Shadow skill tree?

dont think its worth, you gonna loose 5-6 points only to gain that ED pierce 2 targets..not really worth imo

in the allelopathy gloves its not "best" to change the spell totem setup on the build to something like spelltotem-void-efficacy-controlled destruction?

That would only be if you decide to use spell totem for the Blight, I personally prefer to run Spell Totem wither and use Blight Manually with 2x Spreading Rot jewels after applying ED on bosses.

"
gungrave9009 wrote:
Could someone give me a good shield to use for shield charge? Im leveling this build, currently level 48 and am not sure what kind of shield to get.

Anything with Spell DMG, if you decide to go for a unique one I could recommend using Rathpith Globe.

"
trustandfall wrote:
Would it be possible to attempt a version of this build using United in Dream and Sever In Sleep with minions providing chaos/poison damage as well?

I would never recommend doing that.

Keep in mind that that minions are separate enteties which means that your increased chaos damage nodes and what not, will NEVER affect minions dmg :)

"
Efed wrote:
What to do with chaos resistant enemy? Yesterday trying to clear Hall of grandmasters. That was very frustrating =(

HotG is originally designed as a PvP map, even extremely high budget SRS builds can't do the map due to max blok RF exiles. Pure Chaos dmg builds like this one & DP can't do it due to enemies having high regen and/or CI making them immune.

"
Mozzanator wrote:
So, I am at level 72, I started mapping yesterday and I was wondering, how much life and mana should you have?

Now I'm standing around 4.6k life and 1k mana, close to get 2x Grand Spectrum and MoM.

For your level that sounds very solid tbh :) Keep it up!

"
Ihazurpistola wrote:

Cast When Damage Taken:

Regards

You are correct, the VLT is not suppose to proc with CWDT it is there to be used manually on demand :)

"
Paranoiac wrote:
"

Cast When Damage Taken:

Regards

I've just been using cwdt flame golem instead of lightning trap

The links are intentional as you don't want VLT to be proced in any way, it is to be used manually on demand.

"
qrista wrote:
which gem should i prioritize quality the most? and how do i deal with bosses? tried t11 mapping and the whole experience is irritatingly challenging, i am beginning to think that this build is no boss killer.. any advice or tips is much appreciated.. =)

Are you using Allelopathy gloves with manually casting Blight & having 2x Spreading Rot jewels? Generally ED is having issues with single target however, there is a long list of solutions to it depending on your personal preference/playstyle.

Regarding Quality;
Contagion is most important as we don't use inc AoE nodes on tree, after that it doesn't matter which support gem you increase or active skill gem. I would suggest all the ones used in the ED setup first.

"
caramonty wrote:
Have anyone carried more than 3-4 people on Uber Izaro? Is it doable and what was your DPS?

I haven't tried it, should work with a lot of dodging but honestly would not recommend it.

"
What's up man, just starting out w/ POE as a whole so I'm not entirely too sure what I'm doing but I just hit end game and am honestly getting pummeled.

I'm not even sure how to link my gear but my profile is public so you can see it. It's only level 69 but I'm struggling staying alive in even T2/3 maps.
I have some +resistance/spell damage gloves at level 73 but that's about it.

Any help is appreciated, really enjoyed this play style.

Hey,

Welcome in to the most complex ARPG you'll ever experience! I would suggest to join our community over at Discord for direct help 365 days a year, 24h/day :) I can't provide a link smoothly as I' on the school computers atm barely able to respond to the threads properly but a link is available in the guide itself.

Are you caped towards all elements? Not being caped in your resistances is extremely punishing in PoE.

Your rings does not provide HP and will be your first upgrade choices, having Elreon crafted rings isn't needed as the mana cost should never be a problem with this build.

Belt looks "mjeh" but it's alright for your low lvl.

After browsing through your gear I fear it seems as you are not caped vs all elemental resistances (ignore chaos res tbh) which will be the main problem you have with your build.

Do check out the discord community, specially as you are a new player. We have veterans including myself in the Discord community that helps everyone out on a daily basis with questions and what not, can even join my guild from there :)

Do get back to me regarding your resistance numbers if that was in fact the problem you are experiencing.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
How important are the mana nodes if I dont intend to use CoD, but Cherrubim's (still using MoM though)?
Currently I have 5k hp, 2800Mana, that decreases to 1800 after activating the Enfeeble aura.
Should I still go after them, or maybe try to grab some extra hp nodes (for example Tireless)?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info