GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
shawnbyday wrote:
Has anyone tried taking this to a low life build? I see a lot of ED builds out there that are MoM, CI, or LL or a progression of all 3. Most are abandoned.

Low life is definitely worth it, mainly for quality of life as pathing for dual/tripple curse which is more efficient than any life variant. Trickster gets 250 flat ES which is isane

From beta what i played for a bit, shavless low life with Coruscating Elixir (or what's the name)

1. Prism Guardian as shield to be cheap as fck.
- Discipline
- Clarity
- Grace
Clarity level depends on how much low life you want to get, With Shavs it's better to swap for some more reasonable curse or mana reserve like Vitality/Arctic Armour/Purity of some sorts

2. helmet - Either Heretic's Veil or The Vertex
- reasoning for Heretics Veil is to get Enhance + temp Chains + Enfeeble + Enlighten on single item that will leave your mana for additional mana reserve

3. Chest - Shavs to be safe, or Skin of the Loyal to have deeps

4. Gloves - can't go wrong with Alleopathy - insane single target dmg on sudo 6L Blight

5. Breath of the council - can't get better weapon , or it would be very very hard to get better weapon

6. Presence of Chayula - isnanely expensive, but must , you can basically get this buildworking without shavs, but you should invest into Presence of Chayula

Rings & Belt & Boots - hit as much ES as possible. to accomodate

in total ES pool should be around 9000 with

Btw, 6L Shavs , 6th link can be Decay instead of Empower. Save some currency and the performance is so-so equal.

I will kill Shaper with my MoM and then probably convert into low life or re-level my build as LL scion.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Tagnol wrote:
Curious what our options are for stun. Is it basically just run a chayulas (and leave my biscos alone in my cold stash ;.;). I haven't had much problem with stuns until just this last play session as I started trying t13-15 maps. It wasn't a super big deal, just a minor annoyance that caused some close calls. But then I went into a Core (I suspect a twinned core but it was first time ever going in there) and the boss shitting and his adds shitting out projectiles like a bullet hell would keep me stun locked 100-0 if I even got hit once. And as you know he is always respawning his adds so I had to play the "Disregard wither, disregard blight, hit an ED run out and run from the teleporting adds until ED runs"

I did not complete that Core.

Hence why I am asking for stun options.

Stuns shouldn't be an issue with this build, however, the Brine King Pantheon can be of use if you feel it to be needed, which would be ideal for the map situation you found yourself in :)

"
Jukfuu wrote:
Hey there,

thanks for the guide! It's a fun build and I'm enjoying it.

Im curious what to upgrade next? I'm leveling an empower right now and I'm looking forward to echange the pierce in my 6-link.

Single target seems still a little low ... perhaps Wither Totem for Gloves is still better? Is a Essence of Delirium Spell damage Dagger better than Breath of Council?

Greetings
Juk

Hey,

For now, replace Pierce with Poison, it will help single target a lot :)

The Delirium is not better than BoTC imo.

"
DeHopeGG wrote:
Hey
Can i farm shaper and u atziri with this build? =с

Shaper shouldn't be a problem. Uber Atziri was doable with this build before all the buffs, had confirmed kill footage from @Killerdamage previously, however, I personally haven't brought the build to that point myself, but it is doable.

"
Replaced Rathpit's globe with this since it had about 35% more spell damage and roughly 200 more health, 20% more lightning resist + some intelligence for bonus mana points. I could probably roll cast speed into more resists.

Is Rathpit's mandatory for this build? How important, and game changing, is that 13% spell block?

"
DeHopeGG wrote:
Hey
Can i farm shaper and u atziri with this build? =с

ED builds aren't fastest shaper/uber atziri farmers, but yes, you can clear everything without spending sh*tload exalteds on gear.

It's just a matter of taste, a proper spell dmg / hp shield like the one you are showing is generally better, at least imo.

"
GIider wrote:
Thank you for making this build! This was my 2nd character who hit endgame and my first one who could easily do the content :)
I've finished all maps up to T15 except for a few uniques and am gonna take down the Guardians and Shaper once I level up again. Only map I've struggled with was The Hall of Grandmasters, as some of the Exiles in there are Chaos immune.

Spoiler

First time playing with Bisco's Leash and damn, that is a fun item. Rampage is a cool mechanic and goes along really well with the playstyle

Hey,

Glad you like it bro!
Hall of the Grandmaster is a "PvP Map" and there are not many builds that can handle that map smoothly tbh, certain builds can't do it at all, such as chaos damage builds or even SRS have issues vs max Block RF exiles.

"
MrAron wrote:
Hello.

I'm planning on rolling either a bligt or an essence drain/cont character. I made a quick skill tree for myself and I was wondering how it compares to your build, can you or anyone else please check it out? https://pastebin.com/FyN5Hv5x My idea was to go eldrich battery for a bigger mana pool which I can then reserve with double blasphemy+clarity. Am I looking at way less damage than your tree? Sorry, I'm not the best when it comes to this. I'd be using similar gear but probably a different chest piece. Ty in advance!

Hey,

I'm responding to forum threads from school atm as I don't have that much time on my hands (no PoB available here >.<)

Generally, I always welcome anyone to see my build guides more as guidelines and to do their own thing with it, in the end you should play any build in what ever way you prefer. Specially as PoE is an ARPG game which means it's a lot of repetitive grinding, make sure you have a good time doing that!

EB is a nice approach you lose some effectiveness from the mana providing Ascendancies coming from the Trickster if you go EB but it does open up the possibility to reserve all your mana. Personally that was my original plan but felt that you lost too much efficiency for little gain in doing so which is why I opted for the guides approach.

"
shawnbyday wrote:
Has anyone tried taking this to a low life build? I see a lot of ED builds out there that are MoM, CI, or LL or a progression of all 3. Most are abandoned.

I would say an Occultist approach is better for doing this as a Low Life build. Not sure about the effectiveness as you don't really benefit from more than 2-3 curses and any aura would only be for mobility or utility making the LL only give you "Pain Attunement".

"
Ngzpro wrote:
Thank you for answering my previous questions about my gear.

I am just a little confused and re read the guide as well in terms of the Alleopohay gloves. Below is my current gear with links. In the guide it says, "- Faster Casting, Arcane Surge, Increased Area of Effect, Contagion => On Allelopathy Gloves can help single target boss fights a bit!"

I dont really understand where this helps with dps (sorry this is my first season played, only about 70 hours). As I understand my boss dps rotation, its generally use my wither totem, keep up my contagion and use essence drain as my main dps...

Where does the Blight come into play in terms of the rotation? (probably a stupid question but just very confused.)

Also in my other post you added that I should try and pick up Whisper of doom which is like 6 links away, eventually I could get it, but should I replace something now for it?

Thank you for all the help!

No worries bro, ED is a debuff that lasts for a while so do it this way;

Spell Totem Wither > Contagion for arcane surge > ED > Blight

To get Whispers of Doom I would recommend dropping some Mana nodes for it.

"
Marxone wrote:
Blight helps single target "a bit" ? What? It does like 5x the dmg of Essence Drain :D

My current gear

Usual rotation is 2x contagion on the run to boss for Arcane Surge buff
Throw Totem from distance, ED from distance, shield charge the boss, pop up flasks and channel Blight till the boss is dead. (usually 8-10 seconds)

Considering the jewel Spreading Rot - 2x25% more dmg onto hindered target with Blight, it absolutely rapes bosses. Got atlas 124/126 , even Guardians are easy with this.

I am yet to kill Shaper, but i don't see any reason why it would be hard at this point, considering some crazy T15-T16 corrupted map i did with ease.

+1 :)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Just to share paste bins

Low Life (Expesnive)
https://pastebin.com/k30A2Hif
* https://pastebin.com/nEWSUDn1 * with swapped flasks, rumi is not optimal - better empower that massive evasion

MoM (semi-budget)
https://pastebin.com/esTHXxTz

From the pure number perspective , 9k ES with around 40ex build vs MoM variant with (unoptimized) 5.4k life & 1-2k mana (depends on maps to toggle Arctic armor, Temp chains or both)
Numbers in terms of dmg are basically the same. Low life provides more utility and should have more survivability with massive evasion & bigger poool.

MoM offers panic pot & better budget and less constraint on gear sockets as you don't have to put many auras & curses into your gear.
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
Last edited by Marxone on Aug 21, 2017, 6:57:50 AM
Very fun so far! I had a couple questions as I've almost gotten zapped at around 84 doing t8 maps~

1) Question about defense: I see a lot of builds have negative chaos resist during mapping. Isn't that pretty Rippy? I spent some time getting to max res and +66% chaos res but sacrificed damage. Was wondering if it was worth it, and if not, how do people not die to chaos in maps?

2) Right now i'm using a high armor shield because without it I have under 1k armor which is super scary to me since even with the armor shield, i'm starting to feel squishy. I might be doing something wrong or is spell block super good? (I'll link my current gear, if you'd take a look at it!)

3) CoD is 40% MoM correct? I was wondering if your MoM calculator takes factor into play (thanks for the calc btw!)

Current Gear:

Last edited by CoolTrainerJoey on Aug 21, 2017, 10:10:32 AM
Hi there,

i'm pretty new to PoE, although I actually played it first way back in the beta. I just picked the game up again and am trying your Build. I'm having an absolute blast with it, thank you for posting this :).

I do have some questions:

- The video is outdated, right? I noticed the skilltree and gem choices are quite different
- I use Whirling Blade instead of Shield Charge, because it feels a bit smoother to me. Is there any drawback for that other than being restricted to daggers/swords? Once i get my hands on a decent wand i might switch back.
- Besides Arcane Surge, is there any gem i should not level up? I migh have screwed myself a bit here, because i already level AS to 11. It needs 80 Mana to pop and my contagion only costs 38 right now. But it should catch up eventually, right?
Hi,

Im a newb and while leveling this Build I did now understood the focus on Frenzy Charges. Why would we get bonus for it both in Passives and Ascendency when we do not have any skill that procs Frenzy?
"
indiol94 wrote:
Hi,

Im a newb and while leveling this Build I did now understood the focus on Frenzy Charges. Why would we get bonus for it both in Passives and Ascendency when we do not have any skill that procs Frenzy?

Swift Killer Ascendency gives you chance to get a frenzy charge on kill
"
Marxone wrote:
Just to share paste bins

Low Life (Expesnive)
https://pastebin.com/k30A2Hif
* https://pastebin.com/nEWSUDn1 * with swapped flasks, rumi is not optimal - better empower that massive evasion

MoM (semi-budget)
https://pastebin.com/esTHXxTz

From the pure number perspective , 9k ES with around 40ex build vs MoM variant with (unoptimized) 5.4k life & 1-2k mana (depends on maps to toggle Arctic armor, Temp chains or both)
Numbers in terms of dmg are basically the same. Low life provides more utility and should have more survivability with massive evasion & bigger poool.

MoM offers panic pot & better budget and less constraint on gear sockets as you don't have to put many auras & curses into your gear.

I play both an Ascendant and Witch Occultist versions of ED. Both are low life, the Ascendant was created two leagues ago but I optimized it according to the new ED changes.

The current ED tooltip is about 115k buffed with Arcane Surge & flasks (I am still leveling Efficacy support which came in 3.0 so it can only go up).

I don't play with the Blight gloves, which I consider a DPS and gameplay nerf in most situations, especially in the endgame fights like guardians, uber Atziri or Shaper (i.e. all fights which last more than about 10 seconds), where high mobility and dodging are heavily required.

There is no way you can have the same DPS or survivability of a lowlife ED if you go life based, even with MoM, unless you play with Righteous Fire to reach similar damage numbers.

As to the build cost, if you are not planning to use a +1 Tabula as your endgame body armour while going life based (and if you don't, a 6L goes into the total cost of the build), this league ES items are dirt cheap with one exception: presence of Chayula which costs about 10-11 exalteds. Shavs is 80c and very good ES items and jewels can be found on poe.trade at pretty low prices, even if compared to similar life based items. To reach 9k ES with a lowlife Trickster (who has +250 flat ES from Shade form) the required budget is about 16ex if you are in 5L, and goes up if you aim at the 6L obviously. With a Trickster you can probably reach about 12.5k ES if you go for super expensive / mirrorworthy gear. But if you aim at 9k only, that's not the case.

TLDR: going life based is not so cheap if you want good items and a 6L which is not a +1 tabula. The cost difference between a good geared life based build and a good geared low life one is almost totally in the neck.
Last edited by djnat on Aug 22, 2017, 4:43:41 AM
Hey, thanks a lot for your work! I've just a few questions, since i want to play this build in hc.

Would you still recommend the leveling path as linked in your guide or should i pick MoM earlier and also some more life nodes and the chaos wheel at the top a little later?
Is this build save for doing Uber lab solo in perspective of surviving a trap, if i make a mistake (not standing 3 seconds in sawblades, just one or two hits)
"
djnat wrote:
regarding budget

ofc. i consider in the budget "perfect gear", i don't play on 5L and would not play.

Shavs 6L - 15-20ex (600-700c)
Presence - 12ex (400-500c)

Considering this as base of the build. 4x T1 rares for some other slots are still going for 100-200c (2-5ex).

with life you can "negate" the advantage of Low Life by

1. using godly jewels for pure dmg (5ex+ per pop)
2. Using Cherrub as chest - 80% inc. Chaos
3. In best case scenario, you will end up with 6K life and 3K unreseved mana - which is equal to 9K ES pool, while having some minor mitigation with Armor since you can avoid ES & EVa gear completely.

Low Life as mentioned is more resilient
- multi curse
- could use extra auras
- that Zealot flask to swap regen into ES is massive

Your calc counts for sure with "Enemy is cursed" through Occultist Ascendant, which is HUGE for single target, just this TRUMPs the pick of Trickster. Your general tooltip won't be even on low life at hither than 65k without +1 chest, 21 gem. With +1 Cherub, i think i could have the same number with my MoM considering the exact same setup

Ye, for low life Ascendant is better choice (more jewels + extra points + some points saved by travelling)

3.13 was the golden age.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info