GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

This may sound like a dumb question, but how did you come up with that formula for the required max mana MoM calculation. I guess it just doesn't make sense to me why you would need so much more mana. Shouldn't you only need unreserved mana equal to 30% of your max life (unless using CoD)?

Say you take a 5000 damage hit with 6000 max life and 2000 max mana. Shouldn't 1500 go to mana and 3500 go to life? Leaving you with 2500 remaining life and 500 remaining mana? With all the regen it shouldn't stay low long enough to get killed from the second hit should it?
When it comes to 6L what's the better 6th slot skill? Poison or Decay? You told people to use poison, but I'm not sure, cause we don't take any poison passive points, just chaos overall. Is it enough?
Last edited by ziumbala on Aug 15, 2017, 9:17:30 PM
"
ziumbala wrote:
When it comes to 6L what's the better 6th slot skill? Poison or Decay? You told people to use poison, but I'm not sure, cause we don't take any poison passive points, just chaos overall. Is it enough?

Poison is chaos damage, so it scales from our chaos damage nodes + damage over time nodes.
Hey all. Just thinking would 2xBreath of the Council make sense? Or is it better to have one and
Rathpith Globe Titanium Spirit Shield? What i am trying to achieve is more DPSSS.

Also I have currently equipped Tabula with pierce as the 6th link. Should I switch to poison support? (Dont have currency for empower+3). Must admit that the pierce feels good while mapping.
"
oedipat wrote:
This is my league starter build and i have a lot of fun with it. my char is lvl 86 now, has okayisch gear that makes me run uberlab super easy. uberlab is super easy way to farm some currency so i farm now for my 6 link CoD. Since RF-Incinerator this is my first MoM char and i reeaaaaally love all the synergies. Trickster has good mana boost and mana regen and movement speed. the ED dmg doesn't matter, you don't want to play ed if you want to hit high-dmg lvls. but its fine to melt all mobs down and if you want to spend the time you can kill all bosses.
with my last treepoints i will maybe invest in more chaos dmg or the curse notes. dual curse boosts this build and +1 curse gear is really hard to get.

I hoped that the blight synergy is a bit more effective, but except boss fights you can't use it. i tried blight cwc contagion and its annoying to wait for the trigger. its not long, but longer than a klick.

since pierce seems useless for me i have to choose between empower and poison for the 6 link. one question for poison: will the contagion blows stack the poisons on an enemy? so i have a boss fight and pack of 20 adds spread contagion/ED, will that be like 20 stacks of poison?

Awesome to hear bro!
Poison is thankfully not getting spread by Contagion, that would be overkill broken!

"
@Ghazzy

Just trying to get my head around the MoM Calculator/MoM in general - using your Excel document it says I need 2217 Unreserved (optimal - and I assume this figure is AFTER auras applied, Clarity and Blash + Enfeeble)?

It seems looking around other imported Path of Binding characters people are taking MoM under that threshold (obviously changes based on their HP etc). Unfortunately you don't have a character to import.

I'm currently 82 with 5.1k HP and (I'm holding 10+ skill points as I'm trying to decide to go into MoM + nodes behind, Deep Thoughts, Righteous Decree etc) with those I'll have 1468 (total 2646) - I can't for the life of me increase this any better without big investment not to mention as my mana increases the Blash + Enfeeble simply takes a flat percent %.

Have I missed something haha?

Hey,

You are correct,the calculation shows what ammount of UNRESERVED Mana you need to have full effect of the mitigating part of MoM :)

It's alright to be a few % below tbh, but the problem is that if you take consecutive hits that drops you down hard your eHP is no longer
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Did a little reading in this thread, and I'm confused.
Do Chaos Damage increases on the tree and gear scale up the DoT on ED and Contagion, or don't they?
"
Crippl3 wrote:
Did a little reading in this thread, and I'm confused.
Do Chaos Damage increases on the tree and gear scale up the DoT on ED and Contagion, or don't they?

Of course they do o: You can even see it yourself when you add a point into a chaos damage node.
I spent around 100c already on this build and I'm pretty happy with the results :]
Just did rare T13 map and uber lab without the slightest problem and it was also pretty quick, the only thing I dislike is the Blight totem, it dies pretty fast.
Anyway, here's my current gear, if you guys have advices or tips what I could change (except Goldrim, I know xD) and what flasks should I use because I'm pretty new to the game, then let me know here.
Spoiler
Last edited by azaanis on Aug 16, 2017, 9:53:19 AM
"
azaanis wrote:
I spent around 100c already on this build and I'm pretty happy with the results :]
Just did rare T13 map and uber lab without the slightest problem and it was also pretty quick, the only thing I dislike is the Blight totem, it dies pretty fast.
Anyway, here's my current gear, if you guys have advices or tips what I could change (except Goldrim, I know xD) and what flasks should I use because I'm pretty new to the game, then let me know here.

If you are impatient, like me, invest into a 20/20 ED, massive DPS boost. X/20 Contagion gives more AOE, which is also nice.

You could skip one life flask for a second defense flask. I use the dodge one.
A 20% quality granite might actually be more useful than a Lion's Roar, but that's really nitpicky.

Other than that (and the Goldrim) your gear looks solid and it's probably time to safe for 6L.
Last edited by cybertier on Aug 16, 2017, 10:01:21 AM
Hey guys, bit late but I'm trying to get this guy up and running to map and complete the challenges. Finding my boss DPS a bit low and not sure if I can attempt uber lab yet.

I'm not sure how to link my gear but my profile should be public, character name is FiddlerTG.
(https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/thiefz99/characters)

I need to know what order to upgrade based on my current gear and what I should be looking to buy when upgrading.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

TGToland

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info