GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Tagnol wrote:
So I am new to ED so I understand that what I am saying is undeducated. But do we really need this much mana on tree, even for MoM. I am at work atm so don't have access to PoB but I imagine that speccing into this much mana makes our ED not the best. What's more I have seen several other (not ED mind you) builds taking MoM and none of them go nearly as overboard on mana so I am curious if I'm just not seeing something.

The reason we specc so much mana is because it's our main damage mitigation method. Think of it like going CI. When you're CI, you don't have evasion or dodge or armour. You just rely on having such a huge eHP pool that you can take big hits and run away. That's basically what we're doing with MoM and stacking mana. The upside is, we can use health/mana potions and passive regen to get our eHP back after taking a big hit.
Duplicate post. Ignore.
Last edited by bridgeburner on Aug 15, 2017, 11:54:57 AM
"
cybertier wrote:

But this is all theory and I'll test it today. The mobility loss might just be too much.

I scienced and I conclude:
The mobility loss is too much :D
"
cybertier wrote:
"
cybertier wrote:

But this is all theory and I'll test it today. The mobility loss might just be too much.

I scienced and I conclude:
The mobility loss is too much :D

I tried to do Uber Lab last night and yea. We need to be able to run around. We're built for taking big hits and then running away to regen/restore with flasks, not to stand there and face tank.
So, the only weapon really listed is Breath of the Council. Can you still use that with a shield for Shield Charge? I only ask because it's currently about 28 chaos on Harbringer league and I'm debating buying it if it's going to be a huge damage boost or getting the Cloak of Defiance instead for reduced damage taken.
"
Windfuriouss wrote:
So, the only weapon really listed is Breath of the Council. Can you still use that with a shield for Shield Charge? I only ask because it's currently about 28 chaos on Harbringer league and I'm debating buying it if it's going to be a huge damage boost or getting the Cloak of Defiance instead for reduced damage taken.

Absolutely worth it. I've put in >100c into my gear and not replaced BotC.
"
Windfuriouss wrote:

You can definitely still shield charge with it. And the damage + aoe + increased chaos duration is awesome. Definitely worth picking up.
Oh boi... 1 day absense and all threads gets spammed >.<
Big wall of text incoming:

"
xerofite wrote:
Why is breath of the council BiS if it makes shield charge go super slow? am I missing something that makes it go faster other than the ascendency stuff from trickster? I really dont notice the whole 25% faster attack speed/cast speed after using a movement skill with a dagger that has 1.45 atkspd.

I havnt actually tested it yet, but am I wrong to assume it'd be considerably slower than a dagger with atkspd % + essence + spell dmg?

With a properly high rolled spell damage dagger it will absolutely be better than BotC. :)

"
What about the golem ? In the video I see chaos golem, but in the description (Skill-gems & Setups) of the build you didnt mention nothing about that.

The video is still of the 2.6 version, the thread is as stated updated for 3.0.
Sadly, I'm not a fulltime streamer but I do what I can with the time I have. I will try to get gameplay footage updated for ALL buildguides that still doesn't have one yet as soon as I can.

"
RikoudoX wrote:
Hi
i'm pretty new here so sorry if it's been asked before,but "where" to put gems?
i put cotagion gem and its support gems in my helmet and ED gem and its support in my body armor but i really don't know where to put the rest

The guide was updated a few days ago under the Gear section to further help newer players understand how & where to put their gems!

"
Aurugorn wrote:
So can anyone tell me what the better weapon choice is for this build? Essence of Delirium Dagger, Mace or Breath of the Council. Is it just a matter of preference?

"

My current gear, finally got a bunch of red maps I'm gonna run later. Bosses are becoming a true pain in the ass. Is it worth skipping bosses? It feels bad to skip them. Btw, you guys think Bisco's Collar is worth it in general?

Bosses are terrible in general after 3.0
Try switching Pierce for Poison as the 6th support gem, it helps vs bosses/single target. Pierce or any other projectile modifying support gem doesn't affect the damage of the DoT.

"
EzBreesy wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

Hey,

This is a common missconception of how MoM works.
It's basic algebra:

30% MoM:
3/7 = 0.428.... = 42.8% mitigation which will require 42.8% of your life pool as unreserved mana

Note:
To calculate your eHP with this you take: "Life * 1.428 = eHP"

40% MoM:
4/6 = 0.666.... = 66.6% mitigation which will require 66.6% of your life pool as unreserved mana

Note:
To calculate your eHP with this you take: "Life * 1.428 = eHP"

The build in it's late game stage has over 6k mana with some reserved to make full use of the mitigating effect of MoM :)

This is kind of odds wording.
Following your way:
50%mom
5/5=1=100% mitigation.
Of course 100% mitigation mean we mitigate 100% of the dmg. What actually happen is we take half the dmg on our mana pool, we don't remove 100% of dmg. But the ehp is correct.

I agree, poor choice of wording for the explanation. I guess something like "mitigating effect" or something would be easier, but yes, the eHP is correctly calculated at least! :D

"
sibbleTV wrote:
I crafted this:

but my tooltip is much greater with this:

Is it even worth crafting with delirium?

Pretty sure the Decay doesn't show up on the tooltip as included DPS on the DoT as it's a seperate dot?

"
Lafielaq wrote:
Hello ,

I have been using this build as league -starter (first time playing chaos build)
So I have a few gripes with it:

It's very slow build for leveling ( Kitava took me so much time to down ;/ )
Damage is way too low against map bosses.

I went with two wands for the higher DMG ( my map clear speed is slower because of no movement speed modifiers) ,but it still takes a lot of time to down t8-t10 map bosses.

I use 4 link ED. But I have that chest with 70% chaos damage increase ,also use the alleopatyh gloves for it's effect and the Blight /Contagion sockets combo in it as well for that extra dmg.

To upgrade my dps I know I have to atleast make my gems 21/20 in 5-link.

That will take time so I want to ask what to do for now -

I have some currency (1 ex and 30 c ) and instead of using Breath of the Council which is 30c ,we go with 2 apep's rage wands (10c each ) and if I 5 link the chest with prophecy (~15c ?) ,we socket Added Chaos Damage as 5 link instead of Void Manipulation - won't that boost our ED single target DPS by a lot more than going with essence crafted dagger ,which except the t0 ,all other stats may end up shit ? Also we will always get the Arcane Surge buff,because of manacost.

I thought of Envy crafting rings and amulet ,but that will take sooo much currency it's not really an option as I need resistances and life I may not neccesarily get with the t0 crafted jewelry.

I don't mind not using Shield Charge for clear speed ,but the build is reaaaally underwhelming against bosses - I have almost completed maps up to T9 ,but it took me a lot of time.

Also very hard to do Cannot regen mana/life maps with this build ,because MoM :/

Due to DoT changes the flat chaos won't scale the DoT effect I'm afraid.

Generally for easier bossing, you can switch the 6th support gem for a Poison gem. Can always change the Enfeeble when needed for Vulnerability for increased damage. Keep in mind that the build is designed for hardcore speed lvling. And currently a lot of builds designed for this only wants to do the bosses in maps once for the atlas then skip them if they don't die super fast.

However, there are plenty of options to up the damage, crafting is one, Vulnerability another, switch some mana nodes for Method of Madness (more chaos dmg nodes) is also options.

"
Efed wrote:
Hello!

I have few questions:
1. Why you change Whirling Blades on Shield Charge? Only because Breath of the Council?
2. When is best moment to get MoM? Im on 60 lvl and still play without it.
3. Oh and last question, shure its not on topic, but you can help with little advice. What is best progression route for new player? Try to go far on chapters or make some farm? Im on Act 8 now.

Hey,

1) Shield Charge is faster since they nerfed the WB some time ago.
2) Check the MoM calculator, when you have enough unreserved mana to have full mitigating effect of MoM is when it's good to switch :)
3) Finish all the chapters & start maps as soon as possible! :)

"
djnat wrote:
"
Lafielaq wrote:
And why drop Wither spell totem,which boosts our dmg on all our magics?

I did some math and posted some data here. Be sure to check this post if you want to have the full picture.

Thank you djnat <3

"
Lyoncat wrote:
Casual noob here, but was looking for fun build and found this ^.^

I'm only in Act 4 right now, but I got Vaal Clarity early on (even before normal), and was wondering if there was benefit to using either Vaal or normal Clarity over the other for this build.
Thanks for all your work with the build!

Vaal Clarity won't do much for this build :)

Cheers!

"
DinoUY wrote:
I dont like this tree, honestly.

I've played ED 3 leagues in a row, and you can't use MOM since you need dual curse (enfeeble temp chains, or 1 and brew), that makes you take a lot of mana, even with ED I have to use a mana flask to restore 100 or 200 free mana.

You dont take corruption, and you take mana regen nodes and maxium mana, which are usless if you use any curse and aura cause the % reserved.

You dont even take method to madness, and I dont really see how you improve your chaos damage over time within this tree.

For someone who doesnt know how to play ED, i woudlnt recommend this build, because I think it has errors in tree.

Hey there,

This build has killed Uber Atziri & Uber Izaro. There are around a 100 different ways to play this build. My version is targeted towards newer players and keeping a good/stable hardcore league approach.

There are plenty of different options you can do with the build, opting out of 40% MoM means less focus on mana which allows for Method of Madness, other tweaks can be made to allow double cursing without reserving as well to use 1 blasphemy & Brew for example.

Ultimately the build is designed for speed lvling in hardcore and you don't need to double the DPS to do that effectively with this build, not even close to. However, if the wish is there it is absolutely doable & easy to achieve.

"
What should I looking for in the items, I mean armour or evasion or both ?

The gear section of the guide is updated to help understand this approach as the build doesn't really care what base defensive stats we get.

"
hvassup wrote:
Hey,

Thank you very much for this guide. Right now i'm at level 70 with this build and are still having fun!
What do you recommend as for rings and a necklace?

Thanks in advance.

My pleasure bro, glad you like it!

I recommend any jewelleries that fits the stat priority, if possible you can craft the chaos damage essence (envy?) to get more chaos damage as well :)

"
When I get Cloak of Defiance should i remove MoM from the tree ?

You'll want the mana nodes behind the keystone to sustain it! :)

"
ValorForLife wrote:
"
bridgeburner wrote:

You (and the people replying to you) are all forgetting that there are very nice and important mana nodes behind MoM on the tree. Yes, it's redundant to have it twice, but those nodes make a big difference to your mana pool/regen

That's fair, those nodes are pretty awesome.

+1

"
I just hit 70 and this is my skill tree atm: http://poeurl.com/bstZ or code for PoB: https://pastebin.com/sfJhfEP9 . I guess you could also look at my char on my account MetapodED (HC Harb)

I'm wondering if I should go up from Cruel Preperation to Corruption and whispers of doom (I don't have witchfire brew atm though).

I also have about 80-90c and i'm wondering what to upgrade first, I already have a Rathpith Globe waiting in my stash as soon as i can sort my resists out with a good amulet.

I'm using a normal Tabula atm and was thinking about getting a Cherrubim's Maleficence 5L ? Worth it or should i just save for a Cloak of Defiance ?

For weapons i've read with 3.0 changes that BotC is by far the best wep ?

I'm also quite confused as to where a lot of my passive survivability comes from, all builds I've played before this go heavily into armor or evasion. Does MoM really remove the need to invest into those?

Hey,

Depends on how you feel about the build, CoD is more for a defensive approach if you wish to deal more damage then a Cherrub can absolutely be worth it.
Envy crafted jewelleries helps a ton as well.

Cruel Prep is probably the best way. The base stats doesn't really matter to this build no, armour is generally shit in PoE, ES is for ES based characters & evasion is a bad mechanic imo at least for hardcore as it's pretty much like this: "you're immortal till you take that hit that one shots you".

"
CoolLink19 wrote:
I have also been using Allelopathy gloves, but to have spell totem Blight instead. I'm liking it so far. The totem is very helpful not only for bosses, but for rifts, harbingers, and those "allies are immortal" enemies.

I highly recommend The Unshattered Will as a shield option if you want to be tanky. It has good resists, life, refills mana on block, and adds damage to the previously mentioned Blight totem.

Another fun side effect is self-casting wither instead of from a totem (I replaced VLT with self-cast wither). The Harbinger of Focus skill will give you Immunity to status ailments, Stun immunity, and 20% damage reduction while channeling (most of the time).

I'm a big fan of this alternate setup, but I'm sure other ways work well too.

+1

"
HeideWitzka wrote:
Hy,

i have a problem with your Setup.

CWDT can't trigger Vaal gems and i only create Frenzy and Power charges, Immortal call need Endurance charge.

so the only thing i can use is phase run.... :-( and Discharge (super lame)

Has someone any better idea?

Best regards

The Vaal gem isn't there to be triggered, it's there to be manually used.

IC doesn't need endurance charges, it's there to cover you from Bone Husks & Porcupines instagibs :)

"
DaergarE wrote:
I'm running spell totem in the Allelopathy gloves (void manipulation, efficacy, controlled destruction).

Self-cast wither on tough rares and bosses, while applying a contagion cast and ED when needed.

I find the hinder effect and damage boost of blight tremendously helpful once you're using two Spreading Rot jewels. The range seems quite all right to me as well, it extends beyond the actual graphics if you study it a moment.

Only level 72 atm, but I ran a dozen maps with another player just to see how horribly slow it would be. To my surprise my current (low) damage is enough to literally melt everything on the map, including the bosses, which was certainly not the case in 2.6 with the standard ED.

The big plus being that you're incredibly tanky with multiple sources of healing, definitely my new favorite build in 3.0, especially due to the gloves, totem and jewels.

Many thanks for a good build, looking forward to bringing it into end-game and see how it fares.

+1

"
Tagnol wrote:
So I am new to ED so I understand that what I am saying is undeducated. But do we really need this much mana on tree, even for MoM. I am at work atm so don't have access to PoB but I imagine that speccing into this much mana makes our ED not the best. What's more I have seen several other (not ED mind you) builds taking MoM and none of them go nearly as overboard on mana so I am curious if I'm just not seeing something.

If you check the MoM calculator you'll see that you need a massive ammount of unreserved mana to have full use of the mitigating effect from MoM using CoD that bumps that up from 30% to 40% :)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
This is my league starter build and i have a lot of fun with it. my char is lvl 86 now, has okayisch gear that makes me run uberlab super easy. uberlab is super easy way to farm some currency so i farm now for my 6 link CoD. Since RF-Incinerator this is my first MoM char and i reeaaaaally love all the synergies. Trickster has good mana boost and mana regen and movement speed. the ED dmg doesn't matter, you don't want to play ed if you want to hit high-dmg lvls. but its fine to melt all mobs down and if you want to spend the time you can kill all bosses.
with my last treepoints i will maybe invest in more chaos dmg or the curse notes. dual curse boosts this build and +1 curse gear is really hard to get.

I hoped that the blight synergy is a bit more effective, but except boss fights you can't use it. i tried blight cwc contagion and its annoying to wait for the trigger. its not long, but longer than a klick.

since pierce seems useless for me i have to choose between empower and poison for the 6 link. one question for poison: will the contagion blows stack the poisons on an enemy? so i have a boss fight and pack of 20 adds spread contagion/ED, will that be like 20 stacks of poison?
@Ghazzy

Just trying to get my head around the MoM Calculator/MoM in general - using your Excel document it says I need 2217 Unreserved (optimal - and I assume this figure is AFTER auras applied, Clarity and Blash + Enfeeble)?

It seems looking around other imported Path of Binding characters people are taking MoM under that threshold (obviously changes based on their HP etc). Unfortunately you don't have a character to import.

I'm currently 82 with 5.1k HP and (I'm holding 10+ skill points as I'm trying to decide to go into MoM + nodes behind, Deep Thoughts, Righteous Decree etc) with those I'll have 1468 (total 2646) - I can't for the life of me increase this any better without big investment not to mention as my mana increases the Blash + Enfeeble simply takes a flat percent %.

Have I missed something haha?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info