GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I reached level 88 easily with this build before needing to quit due to IRL stuff, going with it again but going Bane/Soulrend for a change..

"
Theri1 wrote:
I reached level 88 easily with this build before needing to quit due to IRL stuff, going with it again but going Bane/Soulrend for a change..

I did the soulrend / bane last league, it was pretty fun, especially on levels where the mobs aren't close enough for contagion to kick in.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
So - I just read the updated page 1, what exactly changed with this build from 3.8 to 3.9?

I'm thinking about using some of the new stuff, especially the ballistas sound nice to me. Any suggestions on how to use them with some of the skills?
Leggo boys. Using this as my league starter. Doing a test run in standard now and having fun levelling.
Hey, I'm absolutely new to ED/contagion/bane/soulrend stuff and even shadow in general

What are the pro/cons of ED/contagion vs ED/bane?
I assume ED is the main single target skill, and you can either clear with ED+contagion or just clear with bane?

From what I gathered ED/conta is more clunky, it was ideal for legion but it's not legion anymore.

Thanks in advance
Last edited by Shuggananas on Dec 13, 2019, 9:46:59 AM
Im very new to this, if i use the skill tree provided in this build will it be optimal for both soulrend and essence drain?
So I got to 87, and I made a small adjustment.
Instead of using the CWDT setup, I used the shield 3L to get a small contagion with Inc AoE and Intensify. I still use bane for tough rares and bosses, but most clearing is done with one contagion + ED, it's much less spammy than bane alone.

Makes clearing some maps much better, also breaches, abysses and monoliths feel much better too. I really recommend it.
Last edited by Shuggananas on Dec 16, 2019, 4:15:06 AM
Sounds good, but is it not rather slow in comparison with Bane? Might be more spammy, but I always felt like Contagion + ED was kinda clunky.
I've been trying to find a weapon with Non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier but there isn't one anywhere. Has this mod been removed / changed ? Should we look for Chaos damage over time multiplier now ? If so, the build will need some more updates. Not really sure what I'm missing here
Last edited by laurmetall on Dec 17, 2019, 1:28:00 AM
"
Amoreternum wrote:
Sounds good, but is it not rather slow in comparison with Bane? Might be more spammy, but I always felt like Contagion + ED was kinda clunky.

I can still use bane for clearing.
But with some layouts a single contagion + ED cast will clear 5 screens at once. Bane can't do that.
Also helps with legion monoliths.
"
laurmetall wrote:
I've been trying to find a weapon with Non-ailment chaos damage over time multiplier but there isn't one anywhere. Has this mod been removed / changed ? Should we look for Chaos damage over time multiplier now ? If so, the build will need some more updates. Not really sure what I'm missing here
Yeah just look for chaos over time multi. See my wand for instance.
Last edited by Shuggananas on Dec 17, 2019, 3:44:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info