GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
DanThePaladin wrote:
"
Glendoor wrote:

You need to use blight for single target.

Instead of wither?

Yeah with the spreading rot jewel blight will cause wither on the target.
What about Allelopathy for glvs? like that you have blight as well
for single target and keeping the spell totem with wither...

Last edited by metalheart86 on Mar 12, 2019, 11:42:41 PM
I’ve been following this guide and a few of the recommended uniques and I’m cruising along well. But I do have a few questions.

For a pure DPS boost, is It more cost effective to buy a +1 tabula?

Is there a better setup than wither totems for some more single target DPS? Maybe one of the newer chaos skills?

Thanks Ghaz, obv a great guide that holds up.
"
Glendoor wrote:
"
DanThePaladin wrote:
"
Glendoor wrote:

You need to use blight for single target.

Instead of wither?

Yeah with the spreading rot jewel blight will cause wither on the target.

Do i swap Wither on my totems with Blight or should i self cast it? Any links needed?
"
tlambert01588 wrote:
I’ve been following this guide and a few of the recommended uniques and I’m cruising along well. But I do have a few questions.

Is there a better setup than wither totems for some more single target DPS? Maybe one of the newer chaos skills?

Alternatively u could run Bane + Despair. Bane has its own DoT and with Despair increases all your chaos dmg on an enemy.
I didnt check wither scaling, but with Bane+Despair all your DoT Chaos DMG effects, which i got at least 3 of, have more dmg. Also, Bane can kill non unique enemies on its own, with a 2 link being around 25% of my ED 4 links damage.

Additionally for the guide, if you got Cloak of Defiance, like i do, you will regen more mana than you need or could get from Clarity and MoM might kill your mana anyways. So when you get the Cloak you might wanna switch Clarity for Malevolence maybe, for extra DoT.

So this is the gear i'm rocking right now, along with the spreading rot jewel to apply wither. My question is what are my next upgrade options or how can i improve on what i got going? My dps seems fine for the most part until i get to bosses where it seems a little lackluster compared to other builds i've done in the past. But this is also the first time i've done a league starter like this. Will this build have to the potential of being a good boss killer or should i focus on transitioning into something like a soulrend build? Thanks in advance for any tips!
Looking for a rare scepter to run in my 50's/60's. Besides spell damage or chaos damage any other stats to look for?
Last edited by Badtwo on Mar 13, 2019, 9:03:05 PM
"
tlambert01588 wrote:

I switched out the wither totems for a Blight-CwC-Soulrend-Voidmanipulation setup with two Spreading Rot Jewels. Helps with single-target and is super useful against "allies cannot die" rare groups/totems.
"
Badtwo wrote:
Looking for a rare scepter to run in my 50's/60's. Besides spell damage or chaos damage any other stats to look for?

Id like to to know about that as well, not only scepters, but wands as well! Whats mods should i look for regarding BIS weapons? is multicraft a good option? if so, what base and crafted mod should i get?

Hey I play your build and I wanted to give you tip that you can get 1000 more mana if you use the healthy mind cobalt jewel once on the top of the tree and 2 Grand Spectrum Jewel in Total (where the minion nodes are and the power charge)

There are 6 nodes in total that increases life and I get 800 more mana using this jewel instead the third Grand Spectrum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info