GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hey man I really love this build so far. One of the things I'm trying to get my head around is the immortal call and cwdt levels and so on. I just can't understand why we can't level further despite looking over it.

This is my first toon ever and if it wasn't for this guide I would of quit ages ago.

I'm almost certain I'm missing some stuff or geared wrongly or something. Any help would be great if you can view that stuff
"
Shutt90 wrote:
Hey man I really love this build so far. One of the things I'm trying to get my head around is the immortal call and cwdt levels and so on. I just can't understand why we can't level further despite looking over it.

This is my first toon ever and if it wasn't for this guide I would of quit ages ago.

I'm almost certain I'm missing some stuff or geared wrongly or something. Any help would be great if you can view that stuff

If you read the text on the CWDT gem you can understand a lot more.

"Trigger Supported Spells when you take a total of (528-3272) Damage
(...)
This Gem can only Support Skill Gems requiring Level (38-70) or lower"

That means:
1. If the CWDT is to high level it will only trigger if you take a lot of damage
2. If Immortal Call is higher then CWDT can support, Immortal call will not trigger.

If we use CWDT gem level 3 as an example we can take a conclusion:
1. CWDT will trigger if you take 661 damage
2. It can only sipport gems requiring level 42 or lower
3. Immortal call at gem level 5 requieres level 42 (if higher level it will not work with CWDT).

The level of CWDT and Immortal call is desided how often you want it to go off.

GEAR
Weapon: Get a dagger og scepter with:
1. Spell damage
2. Increased attack speed (faster shield charge)
3. Increased cast speed (faste casting with Essence Drain)
(4. maximum mana/mana regeneration/resistance)

General defence:
- Get max resistance
1. Life
2. Mana

Helmet: Get a rare with good life roll, mana and resistance
Boots: Get a rare with good life roll and resistance and movement speed

Amulet: Get a rare with good life roll, mana and resistance
Ring: Get a rare with good life roll, mana and resistance
Edit: If you find at got the chaos, also look for "Increased cast speed" on rings and amulet

Belt: can be changed with a rare with good life roll and resistance if you dont need the extra damage.

Gloves: Recommend allelopathy so you can use Blight level 22 vs bosses.

Chest: Get tabula if you need more damage.

Gems: - Essence Drain, Void Manipulation , Controlled Destruction, Swift Affliction (missing), Efficacy (missing!)
Use Pierce or Empower LvL 3 as gem nr 6 if you get a tabula

Contagion set-up. Remember to read the gem on Arcane surge. Most people have the gem level lever, about level 8-9. But higher can also work.

Good luck and have fun.

Ozon_

Last edited by Odd_the_king on Jun 14, 2018, 1:44:36 PM
Whats the typical rotation for bosses? Drop totem -> contagion -> ED and then run around and keep reapplying?

Also does the blight fit into the build somewhere or is that older versions of the build?
Hello guys...

If you want to have a look at my build and tell me how to improve my damage... without spending a reeeally high amount of chaos i would be glad to do it.

Felt stuck with 30K for ages :(

Greetings,
Zhork.
"
Shmag wrote:
Whats the typical rotation for bosses? Drop totem -> contagion -> ED and then run around and keep reapplying?

Also does the blight fit into the build somewhere or is that older versions of the build?

HI, drop totem -> (cast Contagion if many monsters) -> ED -> shield charge up close -> blight -> dead (me or him).

If you got Allelopathy gloves you got two options:

1. Put in Contagion with 3 support gems. Then you can use blight as a 4 link

2. Move Contagion on helmet or boots. Put 4 support gems in gloves and you now got a 5 link level 22 blight with 4 support skills

Ozon_
"
Zhorknet wrote:
Hello guys...

If you want to have a look at my build and tell me how to improve my damage... without spending a reeeally high amount of chaos i would be glad to do it.

Felt stuck with 30K for ages :(

Greetings,
Zhork.

No cost = level all of gems to level 20. Val and hope for level 21/20 essence drain.

Some cost: tabula rasa and empower level 3 gem

A lot of cost: get tabula +1 or for about 1.5 Exalt get skin of the loyal.

Very high cost: empower level 4

Ozon_
"
Odd_the_king wrote:
"
Shmag wrote:

HI, drop totem -> (cast Contagion if many monsters) -> ED -> shield charge up close -> blight -> dead (me or him).

If you got Allelopathy gloves you got two options:

1. Put in Contagion with 3 support gems. Then you can use blight as a 4 link

2. Move Contagion on helmet or boots. Put 4 support gems in gloves and you now got a 5 link level 22 blight with 4 support skills

Ozon_

Awesome thanks - What do you suggest without Allelopathy gloves?
Why would I want to drop Cherrubim's Maleficence for the Cloak?

This is where I'm at right now. Loving the build. Running 3x Grand Spectrum, one of which is corrupted for 1% less mana reserved (hoping to replace the other two with same corruption), one is a standard jewel with +%DoT, life, and mana. The last is a Watcher's Eye with %damage is taken as mana when using Clarity, bringing my total damage taken from mana to 49% with the CoD. This is netting me a little over 9k EHP and 1500 ES.

I've stacked Mana Regen everywhere I can and regen about 1300 mana/s. So far I have eschewed the passive points for +1 curse in favor of only using a curse on Blasphemy for clearing and dropping it for more tank otherwise to just use Witchfire for curse.

Indigon is nasty. Fully buffed with totem up I can facetank most bosses for long enough for Blight to ramp up while putting a couple ED dots into the boss as well. The added mana usage from Indigon doesn't become oppressive before just about any target dies.

Looking forward to trying Guardians. Just wanted to share where I'm at with the build.

I'd like to update the Watcher's Eye to something with double buffs for clarity eventually (probably my current buff and %chance to gain 10% mana when you use a skill), and still need gems to hit 20 so I can start the vaaling process as well as get my enlighten up and running. I'd like to eventually double corrupt the CoD also but I'm waiting on getting an empower 3-4 and recoloring the CoD before I try that.
Last edited by TenarWhat on Jun 18, 2018, 12:03:45 AM
I tried playing ED several times now and in Flashback I had a lot of fun with it. But what kept bothering me was not shattering/exploding corpses and getting bodied several times by DD totems or just the normal corpse effects (e.g. blood explosions in blood aqueducts).

Is there any way to get rid of corpses while not butchering Contagion? Occultist has Profane Bloom but that stops Contagion way to often and does not get rid of all corpses.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info