GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

which auras should we use after lv. >75
enfeeble/temp chains and blasphemy is clear, but do we need clarity? - or is there anything else viable?
I have poked around a bit and can't find it being discussed and I'm missing how to search a thread so sorry if this is a double post.

A couple things I'm wondering if they are better or at least alternatives.

1. Running a 6L Bow with the +1 to gems and the 30% DoT crafted on it. I don't see a big advantage for having 2 different 6L but you could have an efficient CoH setup or Blink Arrow for mobility and a rare quiver could help with needed stats and might open up more options for what you run for body armor. I'm guessing you lose some def stats here but gain some offensive but I'm just getting back from a long break (there were 4 acts last time i played). Also there's a sp dmg mod for bows too that gets pretty high right?

2. Going for Acrobatic/Phase Acrobatics? It's not far out of the way and there's a jewel socket down there with relevant nodes for proj dmg. I don't think the build in its current state aims to be much of an evasion build but could it without making it worse?
Last edited by Nubs1201 on Jun 7, 2018, 11:17:23 AM

Using these with a lvl 21 essence drain will be disgusting. lvling now.
Hello Guys,

first of all, thanks Ghazzy for this amazing build, it's helping me so much to advance and enjoy the game.

I've just complete the history and im about to start mapping.

Im a bit lost so i have a few questions.

How would you focus the evolution of my character for now?

In order to get richier, which yellows should i try to sell in POE.TRADE, so i can get closer to the high end build.

Anything else you want to add is very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Zhorknet.
Hello

Love your build. Just got to mapping but am getting one shotted on tier 1 maps. Can you take a look at my gear? I think it's just life and mana but I could be wrong

Thank you!

Why do you take MoM on the skill tree if the cloak of Defience already gives us that? Thank you in advance for the build, and sorry the silly question :)
Last edited by shikamaru1111 on Jun 10, 2018, 5:13:43 AM
"
balyasmax wrote:
Hi, what about new Omeyocan boots for this build? And what gloves can I use istead of the Allelopathy for vaal blight?

Absolutely an option if you can make it work :)

"
Odd_the_king wrote:
"
rouhea wrote:
What about resistance cap? Just finished act 10 and now i'm looking for gear. I checked POB and it seemed you seriously had like life + STR rings and such, no way you had res cap, is it really like that?
Nice build otherwise, really fast clearing. :)

Dont look at the PoB for that. Resistance cap is nr 1. on all builds. So yes, cap it!

Priority defence:
- Resistance, cap it
1. Life
2. Mana

There is not many unique items you need (I advice to get tabula and allelopathy first), so getting max res is easy!

Offensive Stats:
1. Chaos Damage, Spell Damage, Damage over Time
2. Increased cast speed - Ghazzy's guide does not say it. But get it on weapon, ring, amulet and jewels if possible. It helps so much with Essence Drain casting!
Search for "increased cast speed" on items

Ozon_

I've removed resistances from my PoB as it tended to confuse newer players who would look for the EXACT same rolls as I displayed in the PoB. So instead I keep telling people to cap their resistances, which type of res you have on which pieces doesn't matter! :)

"
Sensylis wrote:
which auras should we use after lv. >75
enfeeble/temp chains and blasphemy is clear, but do we need clarity? - or is there anything else viable?

Not really, some people use Clarity, some don't but nothing else.

"
Nubs1201 wrote:
I have poked around a bit and can't find it being discussed and I'm missing how to search a thread so sorry if this is a double post.

A couple things I'm wondering if they are better or at least alternatives.

1. Running a 6L Bow with the +1 to gems and the 30% DoT crafted on it. I don't see a big advantage for having 2 different 6L but you could have an efficient CoH setup or Blink Arrow for mobility and a rare quiver could help with needed stats and might open up more options for what you run for body armor. I'm guessing you lose some def stats here but gain some offensive but I'm just getting back from a long break (there were 4 acts last time i played). Also there's a sp dmg mod for bows too that gets pretty high right?

2. Going for Acrobatic/Phase Acrobatics? It's not far out of the way and there's a jewel socket down there with relevant nodes for proj dmg. I don't think the build in its current state aims to be much of an evasion build but could it without making it worse?

Reason I never went with acro/phase acro is because I really don't like trusting dodge as a mechanic for hardcore leagues. But it's absolutely an option.

Regarding the bow strat, if I'd use that I would probably sort a 6L Vaal Blight setup and use a rare pair of gloves instead and it can absolutely be a great offensive gain for the build :)

"
klausTv wrote:

Using these with a lvl 21 essence drain will be disgusting. lvling now.

Jesus...

"
Zhorknet wrote:
Hello Guys,

first of all, thanks Ghazzy for this amazing build, it's helping me so much to advance and enjoy the game.

I've just complete the history and im about to start mapping.

Im a bit lost so i have a few questions.

How would you focus the evolution of my character for now?

In order to get richier, which yellows should i try to sell in POE.TRADE, so i can get closer to the high end build.

Anything else you want to add is very much appreciated.

Thank you,
Zhorknet.

Hey,

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it bro :)

Well, that depends on how the market looks, if you're softcore or hardcore etc etc
Basically it's always best to simply farm efficient, play as many maps as you can as fast as you can and pick up currency & high valued uniques + high tier rares that you identify and hope they roll good.

The way I've done it is by setting up an Elder/Shaper bounce corner in the top left corner with UGS, Channel, Gorge shaped and basically running them with sextants, chiseled, alched with shaper/elder bouncing every second map on them to maximize my profits & experience gain. But then again, there are TONS of ways to do this, that just happens to be my preference for this league.

"
divinez0r wrote:
Hello

Love your build. Just got to mapping but am getting one shotted on tier 1 maps. Can you take a look at my gear? I think it's just life and mana but I could be wrong

Thank you!

Hey,

Glad you're enjoying it!
Well, you're lvl 73, I'd suggest you do Cruel lab first. Also, are your resistances at 75+ ? (Chaos res might be something you'd look into if you're dying in the Incursion rooms/Temple).

After this you'll need more life on your gear, your shield has 0 life, amulet has 0 life & 0 res, helmet has low life and "ok" res, both of your rings lack life but has a little res, belt has "ok" life and "ok" res, boots lack movement speed but has good res and "ok" life.

You'll need to upgrade your gear to keep res cap but also give you life, this is more important than damage and once you've capped your res I'd recommend doing the Cruel Lab so you can get either Patient Reaper or as I would prefer: Swift Killer :)

"
shikamaru1111 wrote:
Why do you take MoM on the skill tree if the cloak of Defience already gives us that? Thank you in advance for the build, and sorry the silly question :)

First of, there are no silly questions!
To answer the question:
Reason we still take the MoM keystone is so that we can reach the VERY much needed Mana nodes behind it :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey,

First off, great guide, enjoying the build!

What's the reasoning behind getting the three points in Increased duration? Specifically for ED; wouldn't damage nodes just be better, and then reapply more often?

Is it how it affects other skills that make them really useful?

I've probably overlooked something, glad for any input.
"
gillon wrote:
Hey,

First off, great guide, enjoying the build!

What's the reasoning behind getting the three points in Increased duration? Specifically for ED; wouldn't damage nodes just be better, and then reapply more often?

Is it how it affects other skills that make them really useful?

I've probably overlooked something, glad for any input.

Hey,

Thank you! Glad you're enjoying it :)

It's the whole "rotation" reason with smacking Blight for Spreading Rot to proc which makes them take more dmg from other sources. On top of this it helps with the Wither Totem duration as well as the duration of the wither as well. It's a matter of personal taste but for optimal rotation upkeep vs bosses it's required.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
I'm running with Indigon and the multiplicative damage from Blight against bosses is just nuts. I haven't hit any Guardians yet but map bosses are dropping like flies.

In response to the above question about duration, I think I'm going to go with the Corruption nodes to the right of the +1 curse wheel instead of duration. For bosses, recasting Wither then ED then continuing to blight just takes a split second and doesn't hamper the ramp-up in DPS from Indigon. I haven't hit a boss yet that has survived a Blight wave for long enough for the added mana consumption to out perform my regen.

We'll see, but from my perspective the little duration wheel is just a convenience thing that we can pass on unless we have way more DPS than we need.

Feel free to judge my build. Should be open. Would gladly take advice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info