GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Khavali wrote:
This is going to be my Flashback build. Between your guide updates, and Raiz's race tips and practice, I'm really looking forward to playing ED Trickster again.

I used Raiz's guide as well which answered many leveling questions as this is my 1st Flashback event, 3rd league and 1st attempt at leveling as Shadow.

So far nearing level 40 and loving the build.
"
DotsandDashes wrote:
anyone tried dropping one of the green skill gems to use GMP instead? leveling with this build now it feels like a nice QoL inprovement, sure you'll do less damage but you'll spread ED easier without having to micromanage contagion

For leveling i figured using contagion spam and blight for tougher mobs are better.

Early on, your contagion has very small aoe so ed wont spread to whole screen like in late game.

I tried ed as league starter, but found it lacking in terms of speed and survivability, especially compared to the king of league starter this patch, hierophant totem...

Ed has had its run.
discord id: dejuvenate#5828
Guides
[3.13 Ritual] Flameslinger - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3009295
[3.5 Betrayal] Brutus AW Chieftain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2320224
[3.4 Delve] Toxic Rain - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207700
Been playing this build for awhile now, and so far my favorite! Nice work Ghazzy
Hey, thanks for this guide. I'm trying out this build now in the Flashback event and having lots of fun. Currently in Act 6 (I don't play quite as fast as most people seem to).

I do have a question about the contagion set up: Why Faster Casting? It doesn't seem like the casting speed is a big deal. Is there some other benefit to it that I'm missing? I've currently got Contagion->Void Manipulation->Increased AoE in a 3 link (I only have one decent 4-link so far and that's got the ED set up in it). Would I be better off replacing one of those supports with Faster Casting?
"
Russellkhan wrote:
Hey, thanks for this guide. I'm trying out this build now in the Flashback event and having lots of fun. Currently in Act 6 (I don't play quite as fast as most people seem to).

I do have a question about the contagion set up: Why Faster Casting? It doesn't seem like the casting speed is a big deal. Is there some other benefit to it that I'm missing? I've currently got Contagion->Void Manipulation->Increased AoE in a 3 link (I only have one decent 4-link so far and that's got the ED set up in it). Would I be better off replacing one of those supports with Faster Casting?

not far into the build myself yet but switching to faster casting is a huge quality of life bonus when the dmg falls off and you need to combo ED faster. it lets you pull the contagion > ED combo off faster making you clear areas quicker
Thanks for the guide. It was very helpful and a good starter build with no currency available.

After playing this to 86 i have a few questions regarding the amulet "impresence".

Is this item worth to get?

I find myself not using wither very often and kind of want to replace the clarity enfeeble 3 link with a 4 link with despair attached.

Instead of using the 4 link for wither, I might just make it a 3 link with duration taken out. Would this be a decent idea?

Thank you.
Hey guys,

Pardon the massive delay in responding I've been racing! (And DYING! >.<)

"
Dant3x wrote:
Hey man!

Seems like a great build, this will be my go to in the flashback event!

Also, how do you think this build would perform in SSF?

Thanks a lot!
Best of luck my dude.

Hey,

Cheers bro!
Aye it's awesome :)

This is a very common leaguestarter build due to how easily geared it is and you can absolutely run this in SSF without having gearing issues!

"
Zukoi wrote:
"
Ghazzy wrote:

"
Zukoi wrote:
How should I adapt this build to use Indigon? I bought a cheap one for 50c and I don't think I am getting the most out of it. My tooltip ED dps is 50k. At most I can reach 75k dps before my mana can't keep up. I think I need to somehow increase my mana pool and mana regen.

As you said yourself, getting high mana pool with better regen is in general the way you'd want to scale the build if you purchase the Indigon helmet. Anything from gear to skilltree can be adapted for it.

I didn't like how spongey I was with Indigon since I was giving up my rare helmet with life + res. I sold it back for the same amount I bought it for. So far, blight + spreading rot + essence drain is good enough dps for the bosses I kill. Empower lvl 3 + +1 lvl Tabula cranked up my damage to the next level too. I did uber lab the other day and I was obliterating Izaro. Although I frequently died getting to him because I was being lazy.

Hey,

Yeah it can handle it well without Indigon but it requires a bit of investment which a lot of new players are having issues with sadly.
Glad you're enjoying it :)

The indigon is simply the quick route to high dmg which isn't as easy to get in hardcore as it is in softcore atm.

"
Meglaton wrote:
Thanks so much for this amazing build. I am loving it, clearing content faster and easier than ever before and on a much lower budget. Just so much fun to play. You video is amazing and love the stream.

Thanks so much!

Hey,

My pleasure bro, I'm just glad you're enjoying it! :D

<3

"
aqrunnr wrote:
Going to be trying this for FLashback, really excited!

Quick question as a new player though - what map mods can this not run, if any?

Awesome to hear!
Avoid "No Regeneration maps" since your "leech" is not actually "leeching" it's actually regenerating from the dmg done by ED a no-regen map can be VERY hard.

"
Khavali wrote:
This is going to be my Flashback build. Between your guide updates, and Raiz's race tips and practice, I'm really looking forward to playing ED Trickster again.

Aye, Raiz is an amazing racer and truly pushed the lvling process of this build to the limits, I generally try to avoid going too hard on the more advanced approaches in my guides to make sure that new players can follow the guides as well :)

"
Zukoi wrote:
I made this little guide to help people figure out when to buy certain gems. I spent way too much time looking up gems back and forth.

Name (Color)(Level)(Act) - Quest Name

For most (R) gems, you can't buy them with shadow since it's not "meant" for melee skills. You should get them Siosa at the Library Act 3 since he sells gems without class limits. You could get them with another build but that means making two characters.

Cost
4 - Wisdom
8-12 - Transmutation
18-24 - Alteration
31-34 - Chance
38 - Alchemy

Colors: B3G2 + (G/B/R)
Essence Drain (B)(12)(1) - The Siren's Cadence
Void Manipulation Support (G)(8)(1) - The Caged Brute
Controlled Destruction (B)(18)(2) - Sharp and Cruel
Swift Affliction (G)(31)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
Efficacy Support (B)(31)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
----Poison (G)(31)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
----Decay (B)(38)(4) - The Eternal Nightmare (vendor)
----Empower (R)(1) - Dropped Only

Colors: B4
Contagion (B)(4)(1) - Breaking Some Egg
Faster Casting (B)(18)(2) - Sharp and Cruel
Inc AoE (B)(38)(4) - The Eternal Nightmare
Arcane Surge (B)(1)(1) - (witch) Enemy at the Gate

Colors: R3B1
Cast When Dmg Taken Support (R)(38)(4) - The Eternal Nightmare
Immortal Call (R)(34)(6) - Fallen From Grace
Inc Duration (R)(31)(6) - Fallen From Grace
Vaal Lightning Trap (B)(12) - Vaal Gem

Colors: R2B2
Spell Totem (R)(8)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
Inc Duration (R)(31)(6) - Fallen from Grace
Wither (B)(10)(1) - The Caged Brute
Faster Casting (B)(18)(2) - Sharp and Cruel

Colors: R2G1
Shield Charge (R)(10)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
Faster Attacks (G)(18)(2) - Sharp and Cruel
Fortify (R)(31)(3) - A Fixture of Fate

Colors: B2 + (B/G)
Clarity (B)(10)(1) - The Caged Brute
Blasphemy (B)(31)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
----Enfeeble (B)(24)(3) - A Fixture of Fate
----Temporal Chains (G)(24)(3) - A Fixture of Fate

This is nice, thank you :)

I generally just tell people to either run Library if they want them earlier or just wait till act 6 for the quest to get them from the vendor there.

"
Sa6oV0lta wrote:
Hey im thinking of using this build for the flashback but what weapon should i use if i cant afford breath of the council?

Anything from Heartbreaker to a rare dagger with high spell dmg would work.
(Keep in mind that the culling effect from Heartbreaker would only work on the actual projectile hit and NOT the DoT dmg as it is not "hitting")

"
DotsandDashes wrote:
anyone tried dropping one of the green skill gems to use GMP instead? leveling with this build now it feels like a nice QoL inprovement, sure you'll do less damage but you'll spread ED easier without having to micromanage contagion

Some people like it, I honestly hate that approach due to the lack of efficiency behind the actual dmg you deliver because of an in my opinion useless QoL addition. But then again, each to their own right? Some prefer Pierce, again, something I highly dislike.

Honestly, my personal opinion is that everyone should simply play it in the way they prefer :)

"
MercilessFir wrote:
"
Khavali wrote:

I used Raiz's guide as well which answered many leveling questions as this is my 1st Flashback event, 3rd league and 1st attempt at leveling as Shadow.

So far nearing level 40 and loving the build.

Awesome to hear bro! Glad you're enjoying it :)

"
puppetlife13 wrote:
Been playing this build for awhile now, and so far my favorite! Nice work Ghazzy

My genuine pleasure, glad you're enjoying it! :D

"
crazypearce wrote:
"
Russellkhan wrote:

not far into the build myself yet but switching to faster casting is a huge quality of life bonus when the dmg falls off and you need to combo ED faster. it lets you pull the contagion > ED combo off faster making you clear areas quicker

^^^^ This :) ^^^^

"
LycanthropiCH wrote:
Thanks for the guide. It was very helpful and a good starter build with no currency available.

After playing this to 86 i have a few questions regarding the amulet "impresence".

Is this item worth to get?

I find myself not using wither very often and kind of want to replace the clarity enfeeble 3 link with a 4 link with despair attached.

Instead of using the 4 link for wither, I might just make it a 3 link with duration taken out. Would this be a decent idea?

Thank you.

Hey,

Thank you!
I personally feel that it's nice to have but I always end up not buying it.
It could absolutely be a nice idea.

The problem with a build like this which is designed for newer players and/or leaguestarters is that it is extremely tweakable which means a lot of people want to play it in different ways with minor tweaks here and there, I've displayed how I usually start this build out and even I end up tweaking it to my personal preference in the end-game.

Ultimately my comment is this;
Play the build in what ever way suits your playstyle the best :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
/
Last edited by bjornharx on Aug 2, 2018, 5:57:10 AM
I'm currently lvl 85 in flashback ssf. I have 5900 life, 852 es, and 1905 mana with clarity active. Since I have low mana (can't find good gear with mana on it), would a blasphemy curse, hurt or help my suitability? Also is enfeeble or temp chains better for pure defense? Thank you very much.

Edit: here is my character if it helps. https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/IkeAndRobin
Last edited by IkeAndRobin on May 9, 2018, 12:05:14 AM
I'm using heartbreaker for the sweet spell damage and culling strike. Might want to put that as a budget weapon

Edit: nvm didn't see that in the leveling section
Last edited by computer_toucher on May 9, 2018, 9:31:49 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info