GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hello! A very noobish question but I can see in your passive tree that you have put a skill in mind over matter, but is that necessary once you get cloak of defiance or should i remove it once I get cloak of defiance?

Thanks in advance
I've started with this build in the beastary league. It worked very well so far. It clears up to T15 maps really fast and very smooth. (higher tiers not tested yet because I am lacking of map drop luck)

But I just dropped a shavs (lucky me). Now I am considering changing to LL. But I have also crafted a +3 staff and without a shield I would definitly lacking ES. Any other suggestions for the next upgrades?

A few QoL things that have been helping me as I'm playing this as a league starter do-over.

1) Single target is tough until you have a decent Blight. A +1 Lightning Wand with Lightning Trap - Multi Trap - Elemental Focus does wonders to help with single target and overall clear speed. Eventually I'll get some Vaal Orbs to drop and I can get a Vaal Lightning Trap.

2) Essence Drain is a projectile and benefits from things like LMP (I believe the damage penalty from LMP and GMP only apply to the initial ED hit, and not the DoT component - someone confirm?) A +1 Chaos wand with Essence Drain - Void Manipulation - LMP is a good way to start off until you can get a 4-link, then run ED-VM-Controlled Destruction-LMP/GMP. One of the things I find really annoying is how often the single ED projectile misses, which is just lost damage, so additional projectiles are helpful.

3) Spell Cascade works with Contagion to create 3 areas of effect. I find this more effective than Inc AoE Support, though it doesn't support Blight. I might reconsider my setup when I get to Allelopathy, but even then I don't know if the increased AoE of Blight on top of what Allelopathy gives is needed vs. the QoL of having Contagion spam a huge chunk of the screen.
"
diablo184 wrote:
hey was wondering if using a wand would give me higher damage output then a dagger or should i stick with a delirium crafted dagger

A dagger will allow for shield charging which is the main part of why this build is so fast. A wand can absolutely grant you more damage but will severly hit your clear speed!

"
Zathrus1 wrote:
At least last league (and standard), if you put Totem on the gloves then both Wither and Blight became totems.

Don't put totem on the gloves -- put it on the helmet or boots instead. Blight will benefit from the Contagion buffs better anyway.

^^^^

"
Smahogny wrote:
Hello! A very noobish question but I can see in your passive tree that you have put a skill in mind over matter, but is that necessary once you get cloak of defiance or should i remove it once I get cloak of defiance?

Thanks in advance

If you decide to use CoD the keystone itself is worthless but you absolutely need the mana nodes behind it! :)

"
Todesgurke wrote:
I've started with this build in the beastary league. It worked very well so far. It clears up to T15 maps really fast and very smooth. (higher tiers not tested yet because I am lacking of map drop luck)

But I just dropped a shavs (lucky me). Now I am considering changing to LL. But I have also crafted a +3 staff and without a shield I would definitly lacking ES. Any other suggestions for the next upgrades?

It can still work great tbh :)
Pure ES approach on everything else will work fine.

"
FerdTurgoson wrote:
A few QoL things that have been helping me as I'm playing this as a league starter do-over.

1) Single target is tough until you have a decent Blight. A +1 Lightning Wand with Lightning Trap - Multi Trap - Elemental Focus does wonders to help with single target and overall clear speed. Eventually I'll get some Vaal Orbs to drop and I can get a Vaal Lightning Trap.

2) Essence Drain is a projectile and benefits from things like LMP (I believe the damage penalty from LMP and GMP only apply to the initial ED hit, and not the DoT component - someone confirm?) A +1 Chaos wand with Essence Drain - Void Manipulation - LMP is a good way to start off until you can get a 4-link, then run ED-VM-Controlled Destruction-LMP/GMP. One of the things I find really annoying is how often the single ED projectile misses, which is just lost damage, so additional projectiles are helpful.

3) Spell Cascade works with Contagion to create 3 areas of effect. I find this more effective than Inc AoE Support, though it doesn't support Blight. I might reconsider my setup when I get to Allelopathy, but even then I don't know if the increased AoE of Blight on top of what Allelopathy gives is needed vs. the QoL of having Contagion spam a huge chunk of the screen.

Using projectile modifying support gems will lessen the actual dmg the will do due to the fact that you're replacing an actual dmg modifying support gem for it. Which I can't comfortably promote.

Other than that I like the points you make in this post :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
How do you feel about using the Heartbreaker dagger with this build? Maybe not as an item to seek, but one to use if you happen to pick it up? Apologies if this was already in your video. I watched a while ago and I don't remember.
"
schmitty5638 wrote:
How do you feel about using the Heartbreaker dagger with this build? Maybe not as an item to seek, but one to use if you happen to pick it up? Apologies if this was already in your video. I watched a while ago and I don't remember.

That's absolutely fine - you can use it as you are progressing.

A buddy found this, and I'm trying to figure out if it's better to use it and free up another flask. Maybe just for bosses, so I can have another heal flask. It can be hard to keep Witchfire up on certain bosses as well.

I was also wondering what people put in their 2h for boss killing? I'm currently using Breath and a Rathpith, would using a 2h increase my damage by that much? I have a 6L staff I could try to roll

Thanks for any advice from anyone!
Would have to be at minimal a staff with +1 Gems and a +1 (+2 obviously much better) Chaos gems socketed prefixes to outdamage a Breath/shield setup. It is noticeable. Any other affix would be gravy. Though that means you'll need another movement skill obv.

Also was wondering what armor to use since I’m playing ssf for the life mom variant. Would love perfect form of MOM but will be hard to get as ssf without breach mod

Have these to chose from:

The beast fur shawl
Cospris will
Carcass jack
Craiceann’s carapace
Deaths oath
Shav (don’t have presence of chayula)
Currently using tabula but I feel squishy as heck and don’t think I’ll be able to do guardians with this

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated.
Can you play this build as lowlife (have shavs) without presence of chayula in solo self found?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info