GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
ThePogChamp wrote:
I'm having issues with surviving, that are likely the result of still being fairly new to the game and generally bad at dodging mechanics. It has raised a few questions though: 1) Shield Charge, are we supposed to use that to charge into the front line of a pack of enemies to proc Fortify and then start the Contagion/ED chain? Or do we just start the Contagion/ED chain as soon as we see some enemies at the edge of the screen? The ED projectile travels so damn slowly that I've mostly been rushing into the enemies. Maybe that's my problem :P and 2) If you've got a bunch of mobs in your face, how do you stop from just getting stun locked? Frequently some bitch will jump at me, stun me as I was activating Contagion, before even getting an ED off, and now other enemies have jumped on me or rushed me and I can't get that shit out of my face. Suggestions?

Besides all this, I'm loving the build. My first ED character and it's very satisfying to watch ED go from one enemy to the next and to see the whole pack die in a single wave. And then to hear enemies off-screen dying too. Good times!

Hey,

Shield charge is just imo the most comfortable and fastest movement ability, this build is nowhere near a tank build so no, you should not be shield charging in to packs, Fortify is there in case you were to do just that!

Use the Pantheon "Brine King" which will remove any possibility of chain stunning you :)

"
Lakutus88 wrote:
Hi!

New to the game ruffly 120h played!

I want to know whats the difference between Trickster and Occultist for
this build?

Can anyone just do a short rundown please?

Best Regards a Newbie!

Hey,

Welcome in!

Trickster is faster, much faster. And it can also do bosses.
Occultist is slower (mainly due to Profane Bloom stopping the spread) but is much better vs bosses due to easy curse stacking and is also the better choice in general for low life due to massive ammount of ES.

"
stevvzz wrote:
Hello! Been running this build up to 70 and it's really great!

1 thing I have been struggling with is which dagger to use? Or which dagger/ilvl to craft with Essence of Delirium?

Thanks for the build and all your great comments/ forums updates!

Hey,

Cheers bro!

Well, you don't benefit from crit so Sai daggers for delirium crafting!
The higher ilvl the better for the sake of getting spell dmg rolls, check this site: www.poecraft.com

"
nextfelipe wrote:
Thats my problem aswell - how do i not get stun locked/ frozen to death?

Brine King Pantheon! :)
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Been following the build for bestiary , and i'm almost going to hit maps in a couple of hours.

Quick question about Blight / wither.

Which one of the 2 should i use for killing bosses ? , i bought allelopaly globes , wither reduces the chaos res of enemies right? while blight just adds a DoT and hinder effect.

It's wierd atm , since you can only have one spell totem at the sime time.

Last edited by kazzo92 on Mar 5, 2018, 11:42:11 PM
"
kazzo92 wrote:
Been following the build for bestiary , and i'm almost going to hit maps in a couple of hours.

Which one of the 2 should i use for killing bosses ? , i bought allelopaly globes , wither reduces the chaos res of enemies right? while blight just adds a DoT and hinder effect.

if im not mistaken, you link wither with spell totem then just place totem on ground on fights, and manually cast blight
"
Hey,

Shield charge is just imo the most comfortable and fastest movement ability, this build is nowhere near a tank build so no, you should not be shield charging in to packs, Fortify is there in case you were to do just that!

Well there's my problem! :P

"
Use the Pantheon "Brine King" which will remove any possibility of chain stunning you :)

Piggyback question: If you upgrade initial pantheon ability, does the upgrade stack with the first ability? Or replace the first one with the new one?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Off-topic: I've watched your videos and can't place your accent. European for sure lol. If you don't mind answering, I'm curious.
"Learn well the lessons that Wraeclast will teach you, Witch. It is your only hope of finding your way home."
Last edited by ThePogChamp on Mar 6, 2018, 12:42:14 AM
When upgrading quality of gems, what would you say has priority?
I saw that people used to use consuming dark in essence drain builds to poison for single target dmg, but that seems to have fallen from favor. Anything change about poison mechanics?
"
Audelus wrote:
"
kazzo92 wrote:

if im not mistaken, you link wither with spell totem then just place totem on ground on fights, and manually cast blight

^^^^^^^^^^

"
ThePogChamp wrote:
"
Hey,

Well there's my problem! :P

"

Piggyback question: If you upgrade initial pantheon ability, does the upgrade stack with the first ability? Or replace the first one with the new one?

Thanks for the quick reply!

Off-topic: I've watched your videos and can't place your accent. European for sure lol. If you don't mind answering, I'm curious.

Hey,

Cheers :)

For the piggy:
You get all bonuses that you've upgraded on top of it's original bonus.

Sweden REPRESENT!

"
When upgrading quality of gems, what would you say has priority?

This is nowher near the most optimal but my priority order is this:

Contagion = QoL spread
ED and any support gems in it's links for most dmg.

"
ntencex wrote:
I saw that people used to use consuming dark in essence drain builds to poison for single target dmg, but that seems to have fallen from favor. Anything change about poison mechanics?

Aye, poison no longer bases it's dmg from the initial hit (fixed with doubledipping patch).
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
hey was wondering if using a wand would give me higher damage output then a dagger or should i stick with a delirium crafted dagger
hey was wondering if using a wand would give me higher damage output then a dagger or should i stick with a delirium crafted dagger.
At least last league (and standard), if you put Totem on the gloves then both Wither and Blight became totems.

Don't put totem on the gloves -- put it on the helmet or boots instead. Blight will benefit from the Contagion buffs better anyway.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info