GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
uziasz wrote:
How are u doing against elder/guardians? When ur mapping is ur contagion enough to kill monsters in t11+ maps or u have to use contagion + ed to kill them?

I'm only lvl 86 so I haven't tried elder/guards yet. I've done up to t15 bosses and the only issue I've noticed is that fucking sand whirlwind boss that disappears and shit.

Contagion can kill white, but it takes 2-4 seconds? I'm not sure I always cast ed after.

IGN: HucksIsBackYo
RIP: BlueWafflin http://www.twitch.tv/bakerlive/c/3688290
RIP: HucklesMcKnuckles - Vaults of Atziri naked to fit more loot, exile spawned.
RIP: HucksMcBlasty - Tempest bullshit
I have two setups. A BotC Rathpith one and a 6L Deaths Oath and Cane of Unraveling one. Honestly, I'm fast enough in the latter. Even on high tier maps (up to 13 with life/chaos resist mods). Hit Stibnite flask + Quicksilver and run through trash, tossing 6-linked contagions as I go. Faster than pausing movement to use both ED and contagion. Just make sure you pop ED back in the 6L staff for bosses!
Last edited by evedgebah on Jan 16, 2018, 6:02:23 PM
"
ooFunky wrote:
"
Odd_the_king wrote:

"
dnates2014 wrote:
Really just can't do t14 vaults with sextants :( hard to survive lol. I suck at the game haha

Two things I noticed: Get ED level 21. Also you have no Spreading Rot jewels equiped?

Thanks, I just have them stashed. When using spreading ROT - My HP is 5255, and my mana when buffed is at 1582 will that be bad for MoM?

To get the full MoM effect you would need ~2260 mana unreserved. 1582 mana looks quite low. So raising the mana pool should help you survive better.
"
ooFunky wrote:
To get the full MoM effect you would need ~2260 mana unreserved. 1582 mana looks quite low. So raising the mana pool should help you survive better.

so hard to achieve though :) but anyway thanks. Will try my best
I don´t know if it´s noteworthy but I defeated the Abyss Lich.
I still like this build.

edit: K did it twice now. I think it´s not worth mentioning lol...
As long as one keeps their distance it´s nothing to worry about.
Last edited by NoDiscoSisqoOrCalypso on Jan 17, 2018, 7:06:19 AM
Shout out to Hamude! First time I noticed that once you get contagion's aoe large enough for comfort you can spec out of the 2x8% increased aoe nodes on the way to Whispers of Doom and save a passive point.

Also I think I'm going to spec out of the three starter mana/mana regen nodes at the witch start and instead take the three nodes off of Shaper that give 2x8% mana and a gem slot. I'm sacrificing +30% mana regen (doesn't matter late game) and 8% mana for a gem giving a combo of +20-40% damage and life/resists. Although if I was hurting for mana I could do that instead and come out with more mana than the three witch starter nodes.

Lastly, Hamude specs into two gem slots at three passives each instead of a bunch of mana, which I don't think I could do. But I could see my way to sacrificing three 5% life nodes for 20 strength and one jewel slot if I buy a jewel with +5% life and +20-40% damage. Wouldn't that be worth sacrificing 10% life?
Last edited by kevinbrightblade on Jan 17, 2018, 8:30:48 AM
Isn´t the Alchemist Wheel always a good option to take ?
I feel like this build is reliant on flasks for defense. I´m thinking about getting these nodes.
And if I do, the current skilltree is favorable even if you could spare 1 point by leaving out the AOE nodes, which are probably not very useful. As long as you touch the mobs with Contagion, the shit spreads anyway, 16% AOE or not.
"
Isn´t the Alchemist Wheel always a good option to take ?
I feel like this build is reliant on flasks for defense. I´m thinking about getting these nodes.
And if I do, the current skilltree is favorable even if you could spare 1 point by leaving out the AOE nodes, which are probably not very useful. As long as you touch the mobs with Contagion, the shit spreads anyway, 16% AOE or not.

The standard passive tree doesn't take those nodes. Personally even before I noticed you could save a passive by going to Whispers of Doom first I'd have said the overall damage increase that Alchemist's provides via Witchfire Stibnite isn't comparable to the benefits you could get elsewhere. With those three points you could take a fair chunk of the Corruption wheel, or an extra gem, or life or mana nodes if needed.
I agree with him speccing out of the witch start and into the jewel near the Shaper Node.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info