GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
Nogenius wrote:
Has anyone tried out Cane of Unravelling rather than Breath of the Council + Rathpith Globe?

I'm having trouble doing bosses because of low DPS even with Alleopathy goves setup.
For example, I was unable to kill The Elder.
I'm thinking of trying out the staff since BoTC is too expensive right now.

Cane of Unravelling: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Cane_of_Unravelling
Breath of the Council: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Breath_of_the_Council
Rathpith Globe: Rathpith Globe

Im leveling with the Staff atm on lvl 70, work fine so far.
cons:
- cant use shieldcharge, switched to flame dash / + dont need attack speed for shield charge
- defence may be lower, but cant point this out on my early level

pros:
- 2+ socketed chaos gems is a lot of damage on gem lvl 20

try out +3 chaos gem rare staff in lategame, or some nice elder staff, otherwise switching back to botc and shield.
5.4k hp 1.9k mana
33k chaos damage per second (53K buffed)but uber izaro is such a butt clench, already die once
i have to DODGE EVERYTHING or I'm Insta Gibbed
Last edited by gingermanx on Dec 22, 2017, 9:58:37 AM
Hello.
I kind of like the play style of this build but i think something is off.
I feel extremely weak, I am level 82, I almost have max resist stats, around 5k hp and 2.6k mana.
I have the 3 important unique for dmg(Allel, BOTC, RG). The thing that I am lacking at the most is my chest piece which is not 6L.
For some reason I die A LOT! and what is the main thing that kills me? I get stunned over and over, every second hit is a stun, if I get stunned and I can't get my ED off I am 50% dead, depending on how fast my reaction time on flame dash. They just cancel my cast. No ED, No life gain, dead.
I don't see how Clock of defiance will help me much in this department, I already have MOM skill taken.
And lets say I do get it and it will help a lot, I still do no dmg.
Trying to do t7-t8 maps is quite painful, I am not talking about the small packs, I am talking about the bosses. I do close to no dmg to bosses, a fight can last over 30-40 seconds of me just running around trying not to get stunned(attack speed maps are super painful, bosses just stun lock me).
Only a t7 map and I already struggle.
Considering the fact the when I had gear worth less than 30c and I could clear t5-t6 quite easily, Upgrading and investing well over 130c and almost nothing has changed...What am i missing here?
"
slayer711 wrote:
Hello.
I kind of like the play style of this build but i think something is off.
I feel extremely weak, I am level 82, I almost have max resist stats, around 5k hp and 2.6k mana.
I have the 3 important unique for dmg(Allel, BOTC, RG). The thing that I am lacking at the most is my chest piece which is not 6L.
For some reason I die A LOT! and what is the main thing that kills me? I get stunned over and over, every second hit is a stun, if I get stunned and I can't get my ED off I am 50% dead, depending on how fast my reaction time on flame dash. They just cancel my cast. No ED, No life gain, dead.
I don't see how Clock of defiance will help me much in this department, I already have MOM skill taken.
And lets say I do get it and it will help a lot, I still do no dmg.
Trying to do t7-t8 maps is quite painful, I am not talking about the small packs, I am talking about the bosses. I do close to no dmg to bosses, a fight can last over 30-40 seconds of me just running around trying not to get stunned(attack speed maps are super painful, bosses just stun lock me).
Only a t7 map and I already struggle.
Considering the fact the when I had gear worth less than 30c and I could clear t5-t6 quite easily, Upgrading and investing well over 130c and almost nothing has changed...What am i missing here?

You charakter is not visible. You can activate it in your profile settings

hope it worked, maybe someone could check my Gear and Tree for a statement what I should upgrade next.

On my To-Do-List is:
-empowder Lvl. 4 ~7ex
-maybe 2 rings with fire/Light/cold res, Life(70+) and Mana(50+) ~each 1 ex
-maybe at Endgame a +3 staff with spell dmg and cloak of defiance ~6ex

At the momemt I have overcaped all Ressistance at 110+ and my dps are 74k buffed, i can farm quick T10/T11. On higher Tier T13+ the Bosses can get really hard for me, but I also beated the Minotaur with this equipment.
If I would change the rings I would approximately have +500eHP.
With Empowder Lvl. 4 about 8k nore dps

I tried a Cloak of Defiance but the +1000eHP was it not worth to lose 17k dps

sry for my bad english^^
"

hope it worked, maybe someone could check my Gear and Tree for a statement what I should upgrade next.

On my To-Do-List is:
-empowder Lvl. 4 ~7ex
-maybe 2 rings with fire/Light/cold res, Life(70+) and Mana(50+) ~each 1 ex
-maybe at Endgame a +3 staff with spell dmg and cloak of defiance ~6ex

At the momemt I have overcaped all Ressistance at 110+ and my dps are 74k buffed, i can farm quick T10/T11. On higher Tier T13+ the Bosses can get really hard for me, but I also beated the Minotaur with this equipment.
If I would change the rings I would approximately have +500eHP.
With Empowder Lvl. 4 about 8k nore dps

I tried a Cloak of Defiance but the +1000eHP was it not worth to lose 17k dps

sry for my bad english^^

You should really try the alleopathy gloves. The 5 link blight skill will melt bosses. At least for me it feels like it is doing three times more damage than essence drain.

Also you can tweak some dps with quality gems. Like Efficiancy for example
Last edited by marki890 on Dec 22, 2017, 3:57:40 PM
Worked on my gems but I am still having difficulties with T6 bosses - anyone could point me to the right direction please?
I threw a +3 staff into PoB to test the damage difference and it looks like I lose around 14k dot dps, even with spell power on it.
Hi everyone, I used to play this game a couple of years ago and recently decided to come back. Abyss has been my first league since then and this has been my first build.

So currently I'm using the gear in the spoiler below, and was wondering what the first things would be that I'd have to look at to grow stronger. I'm currently clearing up to about T5 maps, with a couple of problems every now and then (I have to blame my pc for some of those though).

Really looking forward to continue playing this character, however at this point I'm kind of without a clue as to what I'd have to do first.

I'm aware the gems/links aren't what they are supposed to be yet, I'm working on that one hehe.
Thanks for helping, and for the guide!

Spoiler

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info