GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

Hello Guys,

playing this build in the current leauge and really enjoy it. However what I do not understand is the part with Frenzy Charges. Why do we use them? Only 5% DoT increase per charge. Feels a bit low and points could be invested elsewhere.

Also how do we generate Frenzy Charges in Bossfight? Could not figure this out.

@Gazzy: Nice build I would just recommend to add some example gear. Also what I really like on other builds is if they write down the Gem names they write it in the colour the Gem has. So you can easily see what kind of colours you need.
Example: Contagion

Thank you for your help
Hey guys anyone have any tips for scaling my damage/survivability past T10 maps? Kind of hitting a wall where I am now, have 5.5k hp 1.5k es ~1.5k unreserved mana and capped resists. My damage is starting to feel a bit lacking now. Haven't completed uberlab yet which will obviously help, but hoping for some gear related/passive tree tips :)
Started mapping last night, loving the build. What level do you think the merciless lab can be completed with a good chance of success? I've got a basic tabula, and just traded for a rathpith globe and allelopathy gloves.

Also, would the Consuming Dark be good with this build? It'd only trigger when directly hitting a boss with ED, which is unfortunate, but i'm not sure what all will modify the decay. I'm guessing my passives, and not my supports for ED, right? At that point, it seems more useful to get a weapon with a strong +spell damage mod with the corresponding essences.
Last edited by Saldagmac on Dec 16, 2017, 2:47:30 PM
Quick question regarding cloak of defiance. If you run it and already have MoM with the chest piece, do you still spec into MoM just to get the mana nodes behind it?
My items right now are pretty basic: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Phasair/characters?characterName=Phatrophy

Just some 1 chaos gear, with a Tabula Rasa. Now I have about 100 chaos saved up, and I'm planning to upgrade, but I wonder what my first 'big' upgrade should be?

So far I'm doubting between
- a 5l cloak of defiance (about 65-70c)
- a +1 gem tabula, and a lvl 3 empower (about 70c + 30c)
- breath of the council (like 120c?)
- maybe something I'm missing that I should be spending chaos on instead?

I can only afford one of the above... On top of other 'smaller' upgrades like rathpith globe/bsico's leach of course.
Last edited by Phasair on Dec 16, 2017, 5:18:26 PM
"
Phasair wrote:
My items right now are pretty basic: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Phasair/characters?characterName=Phatrophy

Just some 1 chaos gear, with a Tabula Rasa. Now I have about 100 chaos saved up, and I'm planning to upgrade, but I wonder what my first 'big' upgrade should be?

So far I'm doubting between
- a 5l cloak of defiance (about 65-70c)
- a +1 gem tabula, and a lvl 3 empower (about 70c + 30c)
- breath of the council (like 120c?)
- maybe something I'm missing that I should be spending chaos on instead?

I can only afford one of the above... On top of other 'smaller' upgrades like rathpith globe/bsico's leach of course.

I have testet it for me, a +1 tabula and a lvl 3 empower is the best choice in my opinion. Maybe you can buy later also an lvl 21 ED Gem.
So I'm using the Allelopathy gloves with the mentioned gems. Am I supposed to be using Blight to just keep the debuff on them?
"
Nogenius wrote:
So I'm using the Allelopathy gloves with the mentioned gems. Am I supposed to be using Blight to just keep the debuff on them?

I use blight (Allelopathy gloves) as the main boss killer, it just melts them. Links are Void Manip - Swift Affliction - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy. Tooltip 7700 chaos dps, which can stack 20 times PLUS be boosted by wither. My boss routine is to drop wither totem, ED, pop witchfire and then channel blight for a few secs. Move around or flame dash to avoid boss attacks, then reapply blight.

Blight is also useful for clearing stragglers and clearing abysses.
The video that is linked on the post is the 2.3 video.

Thank you a lot for this guide. I'm enjoying it even as I start at level 1.

I'm amazed at how different the skill tree for 3.1 is from the skill tree in the 2.1 video. I guess the new one is stronger
Last edited by ThunderBiome on Dec 17, 2017, 7:17:56 AM
"
gingermanx wrote:
Can I run this build with 150C on abyss Softcore
250c if i sell alot of items

Yep, at least you should be able to get started comfortably. It's one of the best league starter builds, because it's extremely cheap. Of course the more you invest, the better it gets, but that's true for any build.

"
XymphosCraK wrote:

What makes Tabula so uniquely good on early-game ED/Cont, other than the 6-link? Is there a particular Vaal corrupt I need to look for?

The +1 to socketed gems. That's the reason why.

"

Why Shield Charge? Is it mostly because the build really makes use of Rathpith Globe, or for the Endurance charges? Before that, is it possible to choose something else such as Leap Slam or Whirling Blades? Otherwise, a wand build might be quite powerful, would it not?

We typically don't generate EC with this build (except for some exotic variations with particular uniques), you also don't really need them in the build. SC because it's a very good movement skill and can trigger Fortify.

"
Is it worth levelling Contagion just for Arcane Surge? Should Clarity's level be kept down? Any other gems which should have their level suppressed? I see above that it seems to be Immortal Call, Shield Charge and Fortify?

Contagion gains radius with level, hence you should level it to 20.
Clarity: depends. I typically level it up but at some point stop using it altogether.

"
cororo11 wrote:
Hello what's abaout jewels? idk what's better 3 spreading rot cobalt jewels or 3 spectrum jewels?

You can only use 2 spreading rot. If you use Allelopathy, definitely use 2. If not - don't bother. I personally never used Grand spectrum but rares which increase my damage in the other jewel slots.

"
marki890 wrote:
Hello Guys,

playing this build in the current leauge and really enjoy it. However what I do not understand is the part with Frenzy Charges. Why do we use them? Only 5% DoT increase per charge. Feels a bit low and points could be invested elsewhere.

Also how do we generate Frenzy Chares in Bossfight? Could not figure this out.

It's 4% more damage per charge + 5% increased per charge via Swift Killer. That's a lot of damage.

In boss fight's unfortunately we do not generate those - unless there are adds, and normally there are phases with adds to refill flask charges etc. You could use tricks (via 2nd weapon set) to generate charges, but that's primarily power charges. And it's a hassle. So I typically don't do it.

"
I have testet it for me, a +1 tabula and a lvl 3 empower is the best choice in my opinion. Maybe you can buy later also an lvl 21 ED Gem.

this.

"
citizenX wrote:
I use blight (Allelopathy gloves) as the main boss killer, it just melts them. Links are Void Manip - Swift Affliction - Controlled Destruction - Efficacy. Tooltip 7700 chaos dps, which can stack 20 times PLUS be boosted by wither. My boss routine is to drop wither totem, ED, pop witchfire and then channel blight for a few secs. Move around or flame dash to avoid boss attacks, then reapply blight.

Blight is also useful for clearing stragglers and clearing abysses.

and this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info