GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

"
cronsha wrote:
"
astrobean13 wrote:
Is this build still going to be good for 3.1 Abyss league?

I just started playing last week and this build looks insanely fun! :)

it's a bit soon to tell, they nerfed a bit wither and Mind Over matter ok but essence drain has always been a good starter build as until mid maps it doesn't require much investments

I'm thinking maybe switching to dual curse (temp chains/enfeeble) instead of MOM for next league (ssf), who knows :).

Even if you do dual curse, you still need the huge mana nodes behind the MoM (and therefore to the MoM itself). :) ;)
"When you reach the top, get ready to drop!"
Anyone tried to combine it with blight ?
"
BeeAntOS wrote:
"
cronsha wrote:
"
astrobean13 wrote:
Is this build still going to be good for 3.1 Abyss league?

I just started playing last week and this build looks insanely fun! :)

it's a bit soon to tell, they nerfed a bit wither and Mind Over matter ok but essence drain has always been a good starter build as until mid maps it doesn't require much investments

I'm thinking maybe switching to dual curse (temp chains/enfeeble) instead of MOM for next league (ssf), who knows :).

Even if you do dual curse, you still need the huge mana nodes behind the MoM (and therefore to the MoM itself). :) ;)

yep you are right, also I'm thinking including despair now instead of temp chains maybe, and later triple curse as witchfire brew now applies despair
Last edited by cronsha on Dec 5, 2017, 2:59:05 PM
so now that patch note is out, when can we expect a guide update?
"
Krudeon wrote:

I guess there won't be alot of updates. The build gets slightly nerfed because of wither and you'll have less Mana, because they lower mana behind MoM Keystone. I'd say, that you still can easily go up to t6 maps with a 4l. Leveling and early maps will still be smooth.

@ghazzy: You didn't mention lab enchantments in your guide or do I miss something? I'm playin the build in Standard SSF atm and I really enjoy the "Trigger Edict of Reflection when hit". It works well as a little decoy :-). I also looked for dps with 40% ED enchant and it doesn't seem to give a huge dps boost. What else could we use?
"
coutoo wrote:
"
Krudeon wrote:

I guess there won't be alot of updates. The build gets slightly nerfed because of wither and you'll have less Mana, because they lower mana behind MoM Keystone. I'd say, that you still can easily go up to t6 maps with a 4l. Leveling and early maps will still be smooth.

I think coutoo is fairly right here. In the past days before reset i ve leveled in SC-SSF till 70 with no MoM "pack" nodes allocated, running a blasphemy+temporal chains setup paired with a clarity and having no mana issues at all using a 4L ED setup; i had no time to test maps and basically i've been farming blood aqueducts from 62 till 70 and so can't say about map performances. Having a blight setup helped a lot for single targhet damage in general (but that's a renowed fact). I would dare to say that the wither nerf is not going to hit really hard for trash mobs clearing (i've basically only used wither totem support only for harbingers' packs) even in maps. It remains to understand if the new despair skill gem is worthy to be fixed somewhere in the build and therefore redesign passive tree to accomodate with a 2 curses setup, and, again, if there is/are some new unique item/s that can be useful. We will see, from what i've understood Ghazzy may not have time for a 3.1 update.
Last edited by stux82 on Dec 6, 2017, 1:12:12 PM
Dammit, I've been meaning to use this as my Abbysal league build but now that GGG has once again starter running wild, blindly swinging the nerf hammer around I'm worried if this will be able to handle all the content? Well, I'm in it for the 36 Chalanges mark but even then I think you have to get pretty deep into maps to fulfill that?
"
GetsugaDante wrote:
Dammit, I've been meaning to use this as my Abbysal league build but now that GGG has once again starter running wild, blindly swinging the nerf hammer around I'm worried if this will be able to handle all the content? Well, I'm in it for the 36 Chalanges mark but even then I think you have to get pretty deep into maps to fulfill that?

In Turmoil I was able to farm T13 Maps really easy with a Skin of the loyal (with Empower 2) and a 20/23 ED gem (without allelopathy gloves/blight) and I'd say, if you want to use this just to farm maps (not bosses), it's still a very good choice. There is still alot of room for improvement (Empower 4, 21/20 ED and many more smaller things).

In the preview for war of the atlas we saw a rare elder/shaper vaal regalia with +1 socketed gems. So I guess it will be easier to get some spell-builds goin with +1 chests. Since I play SC, I mostly go for the yolo builds instead of stacking lots of mana. I'd drop all the 'reduce mana cost'-skillpoints and go for Arcane Surge 8/20. Then I would not take the whole scion life wheel and instead invest in 2nd curse with whispers of doom (either go for despair or temp.chains). Maybe it will also be possible to take the new support ring as a 5l for contagion and squeeze out a bit more aoe damage with that for mapping ... who knows.
Very likely that this build will be the basis of my league starter, once again.
Hey Ghazzy,

Any plans to have this updated for 3.1?

Thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info