GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I have no clue what to invest in on my character...

Can someone give me some pointers?
@Gseybold9:

You need to have a wither totem (cast Blight manually).

To invest: TR+1 or SKin of the Loyal will probably give you the biggest dam increase, as well as a ED 21/20 gem.

@kazafz:

thanks! Yes, I guess the 2nd try will go quite a bit better, as I know better now what to expect and how to react. Apparently I completely missed 2 silver balls, still can't remember when they appeared and tracked me to the middle. It's also tricky when balls appear during bullet hell. If you charge to the border of the map to place the vortices there, you get shot down by the bullets. If you stay, you have the above problem.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 29, 2017, 5:30:05 AM
Pardon the delayed answers, had a lot to do.

It seems as @Garyas is keeping me covered <3
If something has gone unanswered, post again please!
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Hey there, I'm pretty much a noob so sorry if these questions have been asked before: (Thanks for the amazing guide by the way!)

• What levels should I keep the gems at?

• I'm assuming arcane surge should be low level so it can proc at 1 cast of contagion?
    • What about CwdT, since it procs less at higher levels? And I assume keep Immortal call at level 1 since you don't have endurance charges anyway?
    • Are there any gems I didn't mention that should not be max level? Maybe clarity to not reserve as much mana?

• I'm at the bandits, and I'm considering taking Alira, since it would be easier to gear up with those extra resists. Are the 2 extra skill points really worth it?
Last edited by Phasair on Oct 30, 2017, 1:37:34 PM
Can someone give me some tips and the steps needed to craft a Delirium Dagger? Or is it just as simple as using the Essence of Delirium on a Sai dagger and then applying + spell damage via master crafting.

I guess what I am mainly asking is what attributes besides Decay and + spell damage am I looking for?
Last edited by Skua99 on Oct 30, 2017, 12:46:57 PM
some in-depth to the gems and what levels or whether they shall be corrupted or Vaal or so?
"
Phasair wrote:

• I'm assuming arcane surge should be low level so it can proc at 1 cast of contagion?
  • What about CwdT, since it procs less at higher levels? And I assume keep Immortal call at level 1 since you don't have endurance charges anyway?
  • Are there any gems I didn't mention that should not be max level? Maybe clarity to not reserve as much mana?

[/li]

[li]I'm at the bandits, and I'm considering taking Alira, since it would be easier to gear up with those extra resists. Are the 2 extra skill points really worth it?[/li]
[/list]

@weppe: the above should also address your questions. 21 ED and 4 Empower are good corruptions to have. Of course all other ED and Blight supports also benefit from a +1 corruption, but top prio are ED and Empower.

1) Yup, Arcane Surge Lvl 8 should do the trick.
2) Yes, you can keep IC at lvl 1. I have leveled CwdT to 8, so that it procs at approx 1100 damage taken. Didn't want it to proc for every hit - probably not a big difference.
3) Other than those, I leveled everything to max. I dropped Clarity, felt it wasn't worth it and needed to make room for other gems. Ideally, you have a 21/20 ED and Lvl 4 Empower.
Last edited by Garyas on Oct 31, 2017, 10:11:14 AM
"
Skua99 wrote:
I guess what I am mainly asking is what attributes besides Decay and + spell damage am I looking for?

Ideally:
- spell damage
- spell damage / max mana hybrid
- damage over time (Leo Mastercraft)
- attack speed
Again, apologizing for the delayed responses...

"
Phasair wrote:
Hey there, I'm pretty much a noob so sorry if these questions have been asked before: (Thanks for the amazing guide by the way!)

• What levels should I keep the gems at?

• I'm at the bandits, and I'm considering taking Alira, since it would be easier to gear up with those extra resists. Are the 2 extra skill points really worth it?

Hey,

Thank you, I'm glad you like it!

[li] Arcane Surge => Basically, it's up to you, I don't mind it being on the second cast, some prefer to maxed out and some prefer it to proc on every cast.

[li] CWDT, same thing, my personal preference is lvl 3 CWDT with lvl 5 IC. And yes, IC doesn't matter as long as you don't generate ENDURANCE (edited from Frenzy charges) charges. (which you might in party plays)

[li] Clarity is either maxed out or never used. I prefer it to be used, which means maxed. Besides that, there are no other gems where lvls matter.

[li] The 2 extra skill points are worth so much more than the resist you gain from saving alira.

"
weppe1337 wrote:
some in-depth to the gems and what levels or whether they shall be corrupted or Vaal or so?

Basically, vaal gems that you benefit higher lvl or quality from when they are lvl 20/20 such as ED/Contagion/Wither or their support gems.

Things like Clarity isn't needed and poses a risk to becoming a Vaal Clarity which you don't need or want.

It's all depending on what you prefer and what you can risk as you might lose lvl or quality.

----------

@Garyas:
Thank you again.
Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Last edited by Ghazzy on Nov 2, 2017, 8:45:54 AM
"
Ghazzy wrote:
CWDT, same thing, my personal preference is lvl 3 CWDT with lvl 5 IC. And yes, IC doesn't matter as long as you don't generate frenzy charges. (which you might in party plays)

I assume you mean Endurance charges.

"
The 2 extra skill points are worth so much more than the resist you gain from saving alira.

True, but on a budget or leveling up, it's really nice to have those extra resists. Would swap to passives now too, though. But have to swap around my gear for that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info