GhazzyTV - Essence Drain & Contagion (or Bane/Soulrend) Trickster [SC/HC/Uber Elder/Shaper]

I'm still quite hesitant to dump more than let's say 30c on a single item. Exception being my +1 TR, which cost me 70c iirc.

Actually I would probably need to take a step back and consider helm, boots and jewelry as a whole, plan a good distribution of stats over them and then start shopping. My approach was to always try and fill the gaps which my current gear had. Which e.g. resulted in looking for a ring that would give me +60% fire res, life and mana. I did find it (and quite cheap at that), but apparently it would be much better to spread your stats more evenly, because it's then easier to look for upgrades or swap some gear for experimenting with stuff.

Speaking about Pantheons: I'm also running that Pantheon power (it's Lunaris actually). However, without a golem, can projectile even chain to me? Always thought they cannot chain back to the same target, but they could chain you -> minion (eg golem) -> back to you. Without any other target, no chaining. But I could be wrong here.

But I'm anyways not overly excited over the major god choices. The only other viable one I could see is Brine King for stun avoidance & recovery (see above).

Clarity: ya, I guess that's not really necessary anymore. Unset ring ofc is an option, but could get expensive.

I'm currently only at 3 jewel sockets. If I get my hands on a +1 curse amulet, I will for sure add a 4th socket with the free passives (I'm on my way to one, 2 nodes to go), if not a fifth. Need to do the math, there are some easy spell damage nodes (Witch starting pos) which I can also take, which will be better than an average jewel but worse than a really good one.

And yes, Beachhead is boring but I guess nothing beats it in terms of xp / h. Currency earnings are also quite good. And the map is really easy for this build.

If you like, we can also try to run a few maps together, though ofc ED / Contagion is not the most group compatible build :)
"
Lord_Endimion wrote:
I have a question that is breaking my head for a while :

Why you don't recommend "Cherrubim's Maleficence" as the main chest?

This armour gives you up to 80% chaos damage, up to 100 mas life, 1200 armor and 1500 evasion.

With your tabula +1 how % more damage you get? It can't be more than the 80% increase chaos damage from this armour.

Thanks in advance.

You need to take into account that you don't get an 80% effective damage increase, as the 80% are added to all your other sources of "increased spell / chaos / damage over time".

In my case, I have a total of 770% increased damage (summed over all the various sources). Going from 770% to 850% means that the multiplier is 9,5 instead of 8,7, i.e. only an increase of 9,2%. Still noticeably, but not that huge.

A +1 chest gives you another lvl of ED. Now it depends on which level your gems are without the +1. And also if you run Empower or not. Since Empower will also get a level, you effectively get +2 to ED from a +1 chest. In that case, the base DoT goes from 1466 at lvl 22 to 1850 at 24. Which is an increase of 26,2%. Clearly better. Plus, in addition of course also all your other support gems will gain another level, resulting in even more "more damage" multipliers.

So, in terms of pure damage, +1 chest is clearly better. Of course in a TR, you give a whole lot of def or other nifty stats for this. But at the same time, a +1 TR is probably the cheapest 6L option by quite a margin.
Thanks, this is by far the best build i've tried so far. Except uber atziri, i can do all content in the game with this build. amazing survavility. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and answering all these questions, i'm really enjoying to play this build like no other.

just one more question...

Regarding to gloves :

i'm now using Alleopathy for more damage. Using this gloves, its worth to cast blight after ED+Contagion on bosses?

With are the top gloves you recommend for this build? The ones with 40+ projectile damage?
If you don't use Blight, then Allelopathy don't make too much sense. Yes, they are still ok, but nothing outstanding. Without Blight, I would probably wear a pair of rares with Life, Mana, Resists. The best base in that case would be Fingerless Silk Gloves, as they have implicit spell damage, which applies to the ED DoT.

The projectile damage doesn't help a lot for this build. Yes, it boosts the initial hit of the ED bolt, but that's a very small part of the overall damage. Imho not worth "wasting" a stat on.

And on your initial question: yes, definitely. See the discussion a bit earlier in this thread, where I calculated the overall DoT DPS vs. Shaper. The largest chunk comes from Blight - but of course one has to say that this is under ideal conditions. Over the full duration of the fight, ED will probably come out on top by quite some margin, as you can maintain the ED DoT on shaper for a much longer period than Blight. The latter only works in melee or beam phase, where you can stand still for a few seconds, whereas you can always fire ED, dash / move around and ED does it's thing.

If there's just the boss, you can also skip Contagion, as the damage contribution of Contagion is negligible. Of course every bit helps, but if you have to cut one thing, it would be Contagion.

What you should never omit vs. bosses is Wither though. It provides a significant damage boost (+140% damage taken at 20 stacks) and also acts as a distraction, depending on relative positioning you <-> totem <-> boss. Almost a mini Decoy totem ;)

EDIT: Another benefit of Blight: if you use the Spreading Rot Jewel (x2), enemies affected by it's hinder debuff take another +50% of Chaos damage. That + Wither + Vulnerability (e.g. from Witchfire Brew ) will give you >200% damage taken on affected targets, i.e. an additional multiplier of 3 for your effective damage. That's huge! The Spreading Rot effect of course just being a small part of that.
Last edited by Garyas on Sep 29, 2017, 3:12:22 PM
Thank you! Great Work!
Well, all credits should go to Ghazzy and all the other inventors of that build. In particular to Ghazzy for writing that great guide and giving constant high quality feedback.

I'm just a relatively new bird to this thread and try to help out as good as I can. I probably have far less PoE gaming experience than the majority of the people here - but I'm good at math and theorycrafting and such :)
"
paranoiah wrote:
which enchants would you suggest for gloves and boots? i did a few uber lab runs but i cant seem to get anything fitting the boots :)

on my cloves i currently have commandement of light for a little heal when i get critically hit.

on my boots i currently have life and mana leech which is kinda useless because it only leeches a tiny bit with the initial hit of ED. dont know about the channeling of blight.

i would stick with one of the following four i guess. in order of what i think might be best
- 16% increased Attack and Cast Speed if you've Killed Recently
- 10% chance to Freeze, Shock and Ignite if you haven't Crit Recently (since we dont crit at all)
- Regenerate 2% of Life and Mana per second if you were Hit Recently
- 18% reduced Mana Cost of Skills if you've been Hit Recently

again, thanks for the great guide!
i made it to phase 3 on my second shaper try with this build.
it also was my second shaper try ever, because i never got this far in any season before :)
I am positive that i will kill shaper within the next 5 attempts, i just have to get used to his pattern.

here is my current gear at level 91 (still no 21/20 ed or lvl 4 empower. they are just too expensive for now. also, my blight gems are not lvl 20 right now because i am leveling them myself):

Hey,

Awesome to hear thank you :)
Good luck on the next attempt!

"
Lord_Endimion wrote:
Thanks, this is by far the best build i've tried so far. Except uber atziri, i can do all content in the game with this build. amazing survavility. Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge and answering all these questions, i'm really enjoying to play this build like no other.

just one more question...

Regarding to gloves :

i'm now using Alleopathy for more damage. Using this gloves, its worth to cast blight after ED+Contagion on bosses?

With are the top gloves you recommend for this build? The ones with 40+ projectile damage?

Hey,

My pleasure bro!

Aye, it is absolutely worth Blighting the bosses after ED is used!
Projectile damage no longer scales DoT I'm afraid so Allelopathy is top choice tbh.

"
Garyas wrote:
Well, all credits should go to Ghazzy and all the other inventors of that build. In particular to Ghazzy for writing that great guide and giving constant high quality feedback.

I'm just a relatively new bird to this thread and try to help out as good as I can. I probably have far less PoE gaming experience than the majority of the people here - but I'm good at math and theorycrafting and such :)

<3 Thank you again for helping me out with this thread!
You should pop in to our Discord server, without a doubt you'd love it. We are helping people out there every day enjoying the game the way it's suppose to be enjoyed ;)

Guides: https://www.poe-vault.com/guides/ghazzy-guide-hub
YT: https://www.youtube.com/GhazzyTV
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/ghazzytv
Thanks a lot for this guide, I am enjoying the build.

I can see people are arguing pierce/empower; I can see the problem, pierce is very useful for smooth mob clearing but I would not want to drop empower since it would mean taking a big hit in single target. That's where the damage is really needed imo. I'm using the Shaper boots to get pierce and phasing; obviously I lose a lot of hp and defenses but the phasing part does help survivability when shield charging through tricky situations.

Sorry if this has been asked 99 times in this thread but how much mana should I get for MoM? I am actually at level 83 and I have 10 unspent passives. Next thing to do would be to go for MoM but using PoB, I can see that taking MoM and all the biggest mana nodes would only bring me to 1500 unreserved mana or so, with blasphemy, is this enough as I have 5500 life? Even replacing some of my rare pieces to get mana on gear, it seems like a struggle.

My char name is Iaujie_VI in HSC.
Will try to join you on Discord when I have some time. Installed it already ;) When are you typically around? I'm living in the CET timezone (Germany).
Last edited by Garyas on Sep 30, 2017, 12:45:47 PM
"
Calumet wrote:
Sorry if this has been asked 99 times in this thread but how much mana should I get for MoM?

Mana should be at 3/7 of your life (since 30% of the damage goes to mana, the remaining 70% to the life pool).

In your case 5500 x 3/7 = 2357.

But this is just an approximation for the optimal scenario, of course even having "only" 1000 mana will reduce the damage you take by up to 1000. With the optimal mana / life ratio, you can survive hits up to 7857 damage. Adding more mana won't increase this, since the fraction that goes to your life will still kill you. Adding more life though might let you live (depending on how much more life ;) ), even though the ratio is not ideal.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info