[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Xzandro wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

I'll have to check the Abyss stuff out eventually. Just seriously need a break from the game.

Did you plug any of that into PoB to see what the life/sec recovery rate is? I always found that based on the small hits, you would still be better off with the LGoH claws with the fast attack speed. Plus then you can run no leech maps if you need to as well.

Life Leech / On Hit Rate: 6059

without I have maybe... 1k. So it should be worth it for now. I dont know about Guardians, Shaper etc. Maybe you need to switch out for more damage.

6059? what, specifically is that and what are the units? if it's 6059 per second, that sounds broken in the best way possible. i should plug one of my chars into POB and see what it's at.
"
JackHawksmoor wrote:
The new Oskarm unique gloves look like an option for this build. Free Curse on Hit + Assassin's Mark opens up a couple of gem slots so you don't have to run unset rings for Blood Rage and Vaal Haste. Plus, the mark applies to all your hits and not just Lightning Strike.

defintely a decent option and i would try it. i don't love losing resists and attack speed but like you said you would be swapping unset rings and pick up res or crit or life implicits...
Man, I've sucked at melee every time I tried it but I love this guide. You speak my language. I have too many questions but that is because I still don't get mechanics and I hate to trade with people, so I'll just consider to suffer.. but I do love the Shadow so I'm going to use your passives as a guide.

Thanks dude.
"
Say_Ten wrote:

6059? what, specifically is that and what are the units? if it's 6059 per second, that sounds broken in the best way possible. i should plug one of my chars into POB and see what it's at.

Its at 7k now. Honestly I'm not too familiar with PoB, but if I'm low and hit something I'm at full life INSTANTLY. Its... like old Vaal Pact, but without the disadvantage of no life reg.

Last edited by Xzandro on Dec 13, 2017, 12:14:27 PM
Currently trying this build on a ranger. It works fine but I'm a bit lost on the ascendancies. Seems to me like Raider is the way to go but I'm not sure at all.
Hi Say_Ten, what are you thoughts on the new Vaal Pact node into this build since it's pretty buffed to me? plus it's within the node range, or to be exact it's one node away.
"
frenzul wrote:
Man, I've sucked at melee every time I tried it but I love this guide. You speak my language. I have too many questions but that is because I still don't get mechanics and I hate to trade with people, so I'll just consider to suffer.. but I do love the Shadow so I'm going to use your passives as a guide.

Thanks dude.

the mechanics take a long time to get used to and understand. i used to hate trading too. fortunately they made things a lot easier over the last 2-3 years. if you need help, feel free to reach out. and fucking kill everything.
"
Xzandro wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

Its at 7k now. Honestly I'm not too familiar with PoB, but if I'm low and hit something I'm at full life INSTANTLY. Its... like old Vaal Pact, but without the disadvantage of no life reg.

very interesting. would like to see what the damage is like when you swap to a solid rare as your secondary weapon.

also, i know you only have to level one more time to take both nodes, but you could temporarily swap the single 5% life node at the bottom right of your tree for Constitution while you're waiting to level
"
Chr0matic wrote:
Currently trying this build on a ranger. It works fine but I'm a bit lost on the ascendancies. Seems to me like Raider is the way to go but I'm not sure at all.

yes, go raider. i would go for slaughter and veil since i don't prefer on-kill mechanics for most boss fights.
definitely makes it more attractive but i think it is most attractive if you are building with something else, like daggers. life on hit claws are still going to be good enough and the life regen (plus frenzy charges from blood rage) would still be my choice.

curious to see how Xzandro does with damage once he has better weapons and gear. he's using a bloodseeker and having excellent results without vaal pact.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info