[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

Hi

Just started PoE about 4 weeks ago using this build. Had a lot of fun with it and will use it for 3.5 season. Planning on doing BoR at the early maps then switch over to 6 links Belly of the Beast at higher maps. Any good 4 links aura or defensive skills where I don't need activate all the time?

Thanks!
"
outlawt22 wrote:
Hi

Just started PoE about 4 weeks ago using this build. Had a lot of fun with it and will use it for 3.5 season. Planning on doing BoR at the early maps then switch over to 6 links Belly of the Beast at higher maps. Any good 4 links aura or defensive skills where I don't need activate all the time?

Thanks!

Endurying Cry is an awesome skill for survivability. If you don't want to spam it, you can use Vaal Grace / Vaal Double Strike / Vaal Ancestral Warchief for big monster packs or boss fightning. 4link like VDouble Strike - VAncestral - Melee physical - Ruthless is really good.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Dec 6, 2018, 10:36:02 AM
"
"
outlawt22 wrote:
Hi

Thanks!

Endurying Cry is an awesome skill for survivability. If you don't want to spam it, you can use Vaal Grace / Vaal Double Strike / Vaal Ancestral Warchief for big monster packs or boss fightning. 4link like VDouble Strike - VAncestral - Melee physical - Ruthless is really good.

Will try this out. Thank you!
Hey, just started PoE about a week ago and have been enjoying it a lot. Love this build for how little investment it needs to get steamrolling through stuff and i've just recently been getting into mapping. Wondering what upgrades I should be working towards. Currently at about t5-t7 maps and everything is still pretty buttery but wondering if theres any cheap dps upgrades i could look for. Again, love the guide and the build, thanks for your time and effort in all of this.
Double posted and dunno how to delete posts xD
Last edited by ShaboopinT on Dec 6, 2018, 1:58:42 PM
"
ShaboopinT wrote:
Hey, just started PoE about a week ago and have been enjoying it a lot. Love this build for how little investment it needs to get steamrolling through stuff and i've just recently been getting into mapping. Wondering what upgrades I should be working towards. Currently at about t5-t7 maps and everything is still pretty buttery but wondering if theres any cheap dps upgrades i could look for. Again, love the guide and the build, thanks for your time and effort in all of this.

Use Frost Blade - Multistrike - Curse on hit - Assassin's mark. It gives nice utility and DPS increase, self cast curse sucks. Another option is damage setup for Frost Blades: Multistrike - Ancestral Call - Elemental Damage.

Drop the mana flask and use stibnite / basalt (defensive) or lion's roar (offensive). The best option is going to be Taste of Hate, but idk if you can afford it. Get 20% quality on all flask and holy fk craft mods on the diamond flask.

Get jewels with 6-7% life. Don't focus that much on DPS in the skill tree. Gear could be much better.

Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Dec 7, 2018, 9:09:51 AM
"
kitoace wrote:
hey man , im thinking of running this in 3.5 where there any major changes for 3.5 we should take note for? im really liking this build cause its so cost effective . im a cheap skate cause league starter chars need to be cheap and this hits that no issues

forget if i replied, but no major changes
Anyone else have problem with the pastebin link?

:(
"

Anyone else have problem with the pastebin link?

:(

It works but the tree is not there, the leveling trees in the written guide seems to be updated to 3.5, I just filled the tree out using the lvl ~100 points tree.
I just hit lvl 67 and despite having looked forward to being able to use BoR, I'm now doubting whether I should. My best BoR gives me 600 armor, 850 evasion and 200 life. I'm wearing Starkonjas and Daresso's Defiance, which give me 1350 armor, 1850 evasion and 132 life, as well as some extra protections on low life. I also have a 5L Belly of the Beast as an option for level 68 but I'm not sure if the extra life is worth the reduced armor/evasion. It might be a noob trap, but having a little armor makes me feel a lot safer for the times evasion fails.

I realize that BoR will give me a significant DPS boost but I don't feel like I'm lacking DPS at all. I'll also be able to equip dual Touch of Anguish in one level for a huge DPS boost anyway. I play HC so I've already deviated a bit from the passive tree, grabbing a few life nodes in place of damage, and am in general more concerned about survivability than anything else - especially since this is the first time I've made it this far in the game.

I guess my question is, is there a compelling reason for me to use BoR at this point?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info