[3.5] Say_Ten's Melee Shadow - Murder Everything Cheaply

"
Do you go a shield based build? Otherwise I dont see how you can really benefit from the trickster.

Why would I need a shield, lol?
Do you go a shield based build? Otherwise I dont see how you can really benefit from the trickster.

I mean energy shield
"

I mean energy shield

You don't go for energy shield nodes. You go Weave the Arcane -> Swift Killer -> Harness the Void -> Prolonged Pain / Patient Reaper.

Fast and comfort lvling due to zero cost movement skills and mana regeneration, reduced damage taken, frenzy and power charge generation and also increasing their power with %damage per charge, chance to deal extra chaos damage gives the Trickster a opportunity to have same DPS with the Assassin. Also Trickster's ascendancy gives you tons of attack speed, which buffs not only DPS, but also the Whirling Blades animation.

4th node isn't so significant, but both of them are nice. And this is huge tbh because the Trickster has no need in Uber lab.

Assassin's strongest node - Opportunistic - works only in 1x1, so.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jul 27, 2018, 8:04:20 AM
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
dralsoM wrote:
Hello,

Do you recommend to use daggers or to use claws in your opinion ?

I hear that claws have more survivability but that daggers deal more damage but which is the more viable actually ?

i recommend claws, son. did you read the guide? build has plenty of damage and, more specifically, crit chance. if i didn't use claws i would prefer thrusting swords for that crit multi love.

So you think that claws > swords > daggers ?

So we can use swords with this build ?
"
dralsoM wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
dralsoM wrote:
Hello,

Do you recommend to use daggers or to use claws in your opinion ?

I hear that claws have more survivability but that daggers deal more damage but which is the more viable actually ?

i recommend claws, son. did you read the guide? build has plenty of damage and, more specifically, crit chance. if i didn't use claws i would prefer thrusting swords for that crit multi love.

yes and yes. ideally you'd want to run VP or acuity or something to get you life back faster if you use swords or daggers though.
"
Say_Ten wrote:
"
dralsoM wrote:
"
Say_Ten wrote:

yes and yes. ideally you'd want to run VP or acuity or something to get you life back faster if you use swords or daggers though.

Ok thank you !

I'm sorry if I'm annoying but with the bringer of rain I have to sacrifice the multi strike on frost blades because i want the 4 slots of the boots for whirling blades, blood magic support, faster attacks supports and fortify.

Can I just remove curse on hit and assasins mark for multi strike and damage on full life support ?

I really want blood magic support on whirling blades so i can spam it.

Do you think it's good ?
"
dralsoM wrote:
Ok thank you !

I'm sorry if I'm annoying but with the bringer of rain I have to sacrifice the multi strike on frost blades because i want the 4 slots of the boots for whirling blades, blood magic support, faster attacks supports and fortify.

Can I just remove curse on hit and assasins mark for multi strike and damage on full life support ?

Do you think it's good ?

everything is customizable, so keep that in mind.

once you have the full assassin ascendancy built out, you could swap to a different gem setup. ideally find elder items for free supports so you get 4L out of weapons and 5L out of boots/gloves.

if you are still using BoR and don't have elder items, you still have a lot of options, including doing what you proposed.

even if you had no unset rings, you could run blood rage in your gloves or boots by itself (doesn't even need to be linked to anything).

swapping from the curse on hit setup to a single support gem would probably give you about the same damage or probably a little better but you would also lose the life and mana on kill, which is helpful in hectic shit like breaches.

anyway, all of this essentially gets filed under "how much time and money do i want to spend on this shit", which is why it's ultimately your wants and needs that matter most
"

Do you think it's good ?

It decreases clearing speed too much imo, which doesn't make any sense. Faster moving, slower clearing. The clearing time is more important.

Elemental Damage / Maim / Ancestrall call is better than Damage on full live for sure.
Last edited by crown_is_heavy on Jul 30, 2018, 2:17:52 PM
Say Ten,

thank you for the guide. currently am "pissing excellence" with your build, albeit approaching level 80 and only at Tier 5 map stage. It's a lot of fun- you are right, attack speed is addictive.

PS: not all guides are created equal and so I really appreciate the in-depth explanations and of course the well placed "F bombs"! lmao

I'm sure that the quality of the build is covering for my lack of skills and at some point I'm going to have to improve the timing of things, but so far, so good.

Ciao
H
"
Heraken wrote:
Say Ten,

thank you for the guide. currently am "pissing excellence" with your build, albeit approaching level 80 and only at Tier 5 map stage. It's a lot of fun- you are right, attack speed is addictive.

PS: not all guides are created equal and so I really appreciate the in-depth explanations and of course the well placed "F bombs"! lmao

I'm sure that the quality of the build is covering for my lack of skills and at some point I'm going to have to improve the timing of things, but so far, so good.

Ciao
H

prego

i'm surprised by how well even new players are doing with it. i have guys that are telling me they just started a month ago (with POE, in general) and they are 90+. i'm like WTF. "back in my day" you were lucky to hit 85 after grinding all season when you were a noob.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info