Sunder

Sunder + Multistrike with lots of attack speed is so much fun to play. I like the fact that with multistrike it makes the skill auto-aim enemies on screen be it up close or far away. Its like a melee + projectile skill in one. I have a Soultaker with 7.0 APS and it auto aim sunders everywhere :)
IGN: Munkehboi
"
Radonegsky wrote:
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

I think, it can be reflected, because it's just a melee attack.

Infer.Blow's blast don't reflect cose it is maked from mosters, Waves also maked from mosters. So is it reflected?

So what about hit/miss of second waves, again?

Blast's damage is based upon monster's HP that's why it cant be an "attack".Sunder is based upon your weapon damage - it's a completely different case.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
So maybe someone just check it?
"Отрастил скилл - имеешь право ногибать" СерБ
It's terrible laggy, the small AoEs from each mob got some unplesant "gore" effects of somekind.
With 4.0 APS on lvl 70 shadow assassin that is using sunder+multistrike+Cast on Critical+Bladefall it makes be freeze to death, and when fighting Perandus mobs im frozen for 10s+ on 1st hit.
Something is wrong with this skill.
Any player can design a build that works,
but it takes a casual player to design a build that barely works.
I'm still trying to understand the cascade affect of this skill, could someone confirm this a possible theory for me?

Sunder + Life Gain on Hit (assuming all 4 are within shockwave radius of each other)
4 mobs struck with line
25 LGOH

Line x 4 hits (25hp) = 100 hp
Each mob struck receives 3 unique shockwave hits:
4 mobs x 3 shockwaves = 12 hits x 25hp = 300hp

am I right to assume that in that scenario, I'd be returned 400hp per cast?

Is there any indication of the shockwave's radius? The initial line is pretty clear who it reaches, but it's hard to distinguish which applied mobs are chaining their shockwaves too
Just to add to my previous post, because something just doesn't seem correct. If each mob hit by the line, receives the initial damage, plus an additional 70% of that for each mob within shockwave range of itself--

Would the damage be expressed as:
level 1
(1.00 * Damage + (0.7 * Damage *(mobs-1))) * mobs

level 11
(1.1 * Damage + (0.7 * Damage *(mobs-1))) * mobs

Making 200 damage strike into 1 mob
(1.00 * 200 + (0.7 * 200 * (1-1)) * 1
(200 + (0)) * 1
=200

Making 200 damage strike into 2 mobs
(1.00 * 200 + (0.7 * 200 * (2-1)) * 2
(200 + (140)) * 2
=780 (340 to each mob)

Making 200 damage strike into 5 grouped mobs
(1.00 * 200 + (0.7 * Damage *(5-1)) * 5
(200 + (560)) * 5
=3800 (divided equally to all mobs affected by the cascade)

That seems ridiculously op for its intended ability
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:

1. I think, they are - AoE melee skills are quite common and all take full benefit from "melee"-tagged modifiers.
2. Yes, since poison stacks
3. Yes, all shockwaves will inflict poison and they all will stack.
4. Yes, all following effects will be triggered. Also, CoC effect and similar (you can make CoC build with this skill).

Anyway, i think that Sunder is quite underwhelming skill. Initial wave is quite narrow and its width cant be increased with AoE radius. For a skill, that is intended to be used against packs, it's a fatal drawback. Sunder doesnt look bad compared to skills like Cleave, Sweep, Ground Slam and Ice Crash - but all following skills are actually under-performing and pale before truly powerful attack skills like Earthquake, Molten Strike, Tornado Shot, Lightning Arrow and Blast Rain.

I think so as well, but i would like to know for sure. The closest ability we have is wildstrike and its fire component, which is the only elemental component of it, which scales with melee damage.

2,3,4:
Thx for the confirmation.

A few days back i went ahead and tested it. (Poison Support and Totems make it pretty easy to test in the Sarn arena with a friend). I´m still not sure regarding the shockwaves triggering blind/kb/mgoh/lgoh, because it feels like knockback triggers the same amound with one or ten enemies, which leads me to believe, that only the initial hit can trigger knockback (and probably other on hit effects).

But bleed and poison working with Sunders shockwaves is enough for my build idea to really work, taking full advantage of its crowd scaling(i love Izaro + Portals)^^

@Midguard2: The skill is really strong vs multitarget, but comperatively weak vs singletarget. Regarding lgoh i´m still not sure myself and the damage should scale the way you assumed.
The Bestiary league proved once and for all, that GGG only listens to crying instead of well thought out criticism.
Last edited by Temeritas on Mar 16, 2016, 2:55:13 PM
I don't know if this has been posted, but I promised myself I would write this post.
Sunder is a really fun gem to play with, good job on it!
However, when linked with Multistrike, it keeps on targeting different mobs with each of the 3 attacks.
I don't mind this when I'm mindlessly attacking huge mobs, but it can be very frustrating trying to target a single mob like a boss when there are other mobs around.
I don't know if this is intended or not but at some cases it really makes my life harder, and unnecessarily so.

Also, it could really be complimented by a MTX.
That's just how Multistrike works, ruby.
"
ruby12 wrote:
I don't know if this has been posted, but I promised myself I would write this post.
Sunder is a really fun gem to play with, good job on it!
However, when linked with Multistrike, it keeps on targeting different mobs with each of the 3 attacks.
I don't mind this when I'm mindlessly attacking huge mobs, but it can be very frustrating trying to target a single mob like a boss when there are other mobs around.
I don't know if this is intended or not but at some cases it really makes my life harder, and unnecessarily so.

Also, it could really be complimented by a MTX.

Probably better abilities to use on a boss.

As viper pointed out, that's just how multi strike works.

Frost blades also behaves the same way, as a reference.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info