Orb of Storms

how often does OoS hit? it just says frequently. Does cast speed increase frequency?
"
Lordsidro wrote:
how often does OoS hit? it just says frequently. Does cast speed increase frequency?

Looks like once almost every sec
Faster Casting --- Will make the frequency of the OoS strike out at enemies faster
Spell Echo ---------has No Effect on OoS

Now if using a spell/skill in OoS to trigger it as a secondary strike Don't use Faster cast but a damage ---- using it to apply curses yes will apply faster but usually only auto targets the closer enemies first --- if more enemies on screen chain better choice
If you Fail to Plan---Plan to FAIL!!
IGN: Sharariebrum, Katakathamum, _BuBu_, Silba, _Auracle_, And a few others
A threshold jewel that would help make this more practical for ranged casters would be:

- Orb of Storms can be created at a distance
- Orb of Storms gains a second, larger outer radius
- If you are within Orb of Storms' outer radius, it strikes any enemy in its inner radius
- If you are within Orb of Storms' inner radius, it strikes any enemy in its outer radius
- (maybe some malus to Orb of Storms if the above effects are too strong by themselves)
Last edited by PoofySleeves on Mar 29, 2018, 11:10:21 PM
Hi,
mine Orb of Storms at lvl 14, with quality 14%, requiring 52 lvl, does not start with Cast When Damage Taken lvl 8, quality 20%, allowing skills requiring 52 lvl.
I have also Conductivity lvl 11 (requiring lvl52) in the same link and it triggers, and I cannot use it, while I still can cast Orb of Storms independly.
Does Orb of Stormes secondary prock effect have a cooldown?

For example, if i use lightning skill 10 times in a second, will orb unleash 10 additional bolts?
How do fork support, and chain support affect Oos. Does it split first then fork/chain, or fork/chain off the first target then split off the second.
"
How do fork support, and chain support affect Oos. Does it split first then fork/chain, or fork/chain off the first target then split off the second.

Fork Support only supports projectile skills, which Orb of Storms is not. Thus it will not link to it at all and have no effect.

Chain Support should technically work (easiest way to check is to see if the mana multiplier is applied), but I'm not sure how it interacts with the "splitting" mechanism of OoS.
As far as I can tell when it comes to Chain + Orb of Storms, it looks like the periodic activation just hits +x targets (additive), but the triggered activation by using a lightning ability causes each split beam to gain chain (multiplicative). However, it's really hard for me to see what exactly is happening due to the speed involved. Some clarification from a developer would be appreciated.
Hello: Orb of Storms cannot be triggered by Mjölner. This appears to be bugged.
Still doesnt work when trying to trigger it with Mjölner.
Last edited by CrystallineDIVA on Sep 3, 2018, 6:05:57 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info