Changes to Past Leagues at Zana

This idea is really bad. Sure not all people were running all the old league mods, but having the option to do it is crucial.

So you are expecting people to just wait month and months until they can play the content they want? Do yo u really believe that people have nothing better to do than waiting forever until they can see one day a league that has a mod they want enabled?

I think that the only reason people aren't making a fuss about this is because it is a feature that isn't used so much because of its cost. But limiting the options the players have because you find it more amusing, this is just bad.

In addition you have spend so much money in making these leagues and now you are disabling some of them from time to time? I understand the problem of incorporating them into the main game but having them in Zana was a good idea for anyone to access all the content of the game if they wanted to.

This is ridiculous. Most companies do everything they can to have a bit more content so that their game is a bit richer and it can be a bit more attractive. And you already HAVE the content, but you are throughing it away because you think torturing people by making them wait forever until their favorite content is remotely available even at a high cost is amusing.

Imaging doing this for other parts of the game. Disabling some uniques because you want some people focusing on some uniques only. Disabling some maps because you want people playing some maps only. Disabling some item bases because you want people focusing on some builds only. Or disabling part of the tree because having all the options is not fun.

Having them in Zana was a big compromise to begin with because accessing that content is very expensive and not anyone can enjoy it. Limiting the content completely to your whim and give no option is just bad and arrogant design. I would not blame you if this feature wasn't available and you had to implement it. But this feature is already implemented and you are making it worse.
Last edited by phmn on Feb 23, 2016, 3:45:22 AM
No Talisman in standard/hardcore? Feelsbadman
"
phmn wrote:
This idea is really bad. Sure not all people were running all the old league mods, but having the option to do it is crucial.

So you are expecting people to just wait month and months until they can play the content they want? Do yo u really believe that people have nothing better to do than waiting forever until they can see one day a league that has a mod they want enabled?

I think that the only reason people aren't making a fuss about this is because it is a feature that isn't used so much because of its cost. But limiting the options the players have because you find it more amusing, this is just bad.

In addition you have spend so much money in making these leagues and now you are disabling some of them from time to time? I understand the problem of incorporating them into the main game but having them in Zana was a good idea for anyone to access all the content of the game if they wanted to.

This is ridiculous. Most companies do everything they can to have a bit more content so that their game is a bit richer and it can be a bit more attractive. And you already HAVE the content, but you are throughing it away because you think torturing people by making them wait forever until their favorite content is remotely available even at a high cost is amusing.

Imaging doing this for other parts of the game. Disabling some uniques because you want some people focusing on some uniques only. Disabling some maps because you want people playing some maps only. Disabling some item bases because you want people focusing on some builds only. Or disabling part of the tree because having all the options is not fun.

Having them in Zana was a big compromise to begin with because accessing that content is very expensive and not anyone can enjoy it. Limiting the content completely to your whim and give no option is just bad and arrogant design. I would not blame you if this feature wasn't available and you had to implement it. But this feature is already implemented and you are making it worse.

+1

and No Talisman in standard/hardcore/new league? Worst change ever! It should be in core game, but with good changes: 3-4 talisman to upgrade, only rare/unique drop or 10000% higher chance to find them, always +2 ilvl from monsters, etc.

Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
Chris wrote:

Here's the new Zana league progression in 2.2.0:
  • Level 2: Onslaught, 2 Chaos Orbs, 20% Increased Map Item Quantity, monsters receive the same benefits
  • Level 3: Anarchy, 3 Chaos Orbs, 4 additional Rogue Exiles, 20% Increased Map Item Quantity
  • Level 4: Torment, 4 Chaos Orbs, 3 additional Tormented Spirits, 20% Increased Map Item Quantity
  • Level 5: Warbands, 4 Chaos Orbs, 3 additional Warband Packs, 20% Increased Map Item Quantity
  • Level 6: Beyond, 5 Chaos Orbs, 15% Beyond Chance, 20% Increased Map Item Quantity
  • Level 7: Ambush, 8 Chaos Orbs, 3 additional Strongboxes
  • Level 8: Nemesis, 1 Exalted Orb

Onslaught - 20 iiq not worth it. garbage

Anarchy - might be useful for some MF builds but still garbage

Torment - probably the one I will be using in higher tier maps.

Warbands - 4c for what? garbage

Beyond - beyonds have been nerfed to the ground and do not drop anything at all, even white mobs drop more loot than beyond mobs. May be good for some extra exp, otherwise - garbage

Ambush - used to be very nice, now absolute trash. only 3 additional strongboxes for 8c. Wasting hundreds of alternation orbs to roll 1 magic pack is not worth it, this mod is only for ilvl 84 items now

Nemesis - I don't understand the intention of this mod nerf. There are absolutely no available Headhunter belts on Talisman Hardcore. Nerfing Nemesis will rip headhunters in temp leagues for good.

So, what do we see? Useless Zana map mods that most likely no one will be using in their maps.
Last edited by Dr1MaR on Feb 23, 2016, 4:05:47 AM
Exactly Talismans should be in the core game for sure. Most of the times you are dropping blue talismans and it takes forever untill you make a DECENT rare t3 talisman.
Talismans made this game so much interesting.

No one´s gonna pay 10 chaoses for zana talisman mod to drop two tier 1 blue talsimans ROFL.
By adding talismans to zana mod only, You are killing one of the best things that ever happened to this game

Ye its not worth rolling boxes since it spawns 1 magic pack and sometimes the box is near the wall so it wont spawn shit anyways. rip Ambush
Last edited by Zuki_CZ on Feb 23, 2016, 4:31:24 AM
Ok, path of exile is lacking atm of end game potential and now you make it even worse.

But I can exactly imagine how it will looks in the future: You design a poor league but announce one of Zana's mods (e.g. Domination) as 'super rare' opportunity for this league.

That's lazy as hell. Don't limit our already limited (!) end game options. And don't come with the labyrinth, I can't see how this should be a alternative to mapping.
What a bad idea...

Gaming being more dependent on timing - and not hours or days, but months??!!

lol, and the prices are still too high. You can't code a "price per portal" system, that wouldn't screw solo players?

-1 GGG. with this change there is less PoE to play, not more.

E:
and talisman should be introduced into the core game. -2 GGG
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
Last edited by morbo on Feb 23, 2016, 4:28:49 AM
Anarchy is actually ridiculously good now.

3 chaos for 20% map quantity. 4 chisels is 20% map quantity, and costs about 1.5 chaos. Which means you're basically using 50% effective chisels, which is still great, because you'd do that for t12+ maps.

However, on top of that, you're getting 4 exiles. You're very likely to drop 1 chaos (or equivalent) in raw currency from them.
On top of that, they have a really high rarity bonus, so you're getting alot of good rares and possibly some uniques from them, I'd easily pay half a chaos for that.

And to top it all off, you can drop anarchy-only uniques there, like voll's devotion.

So, not only is it a map mod that will most likely pay itself straight out you're still getting added benefits from it. I'll definitely be running this on mid-high tier maps.

I do completely dislike the fact that some challenge mods are unavailable, but I think the re-pricing was well done
I also think season resets for zana mods are way too long. It's interesting in principle but the wait is simply too long. I feel a biweekly or monthly rotation is more reasonable. There is no need to tie in zana mods changes with league changes.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How many league/core supporter packs in a year when POE1 & 2 coexist?
Lowering the prices of the map mods is a good idea, but limiting their availability is not. Thumbs down.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info