Balance Changes in Content Update 2.1.0

"
HegemonyTV wrote:
I am a firm believer that this should be a nerfed thing, however I think this is too punishing by slower crit builds, and still abusable by abilities that hit in rapid succession ie molten strike/vaal spark.

Why not just make it so that you cannot gain more than 1 charge per 1-2 seconds? like an internal cooldown. That would be way more balanced and rewarding for slower crit builds and not so broken at the rapid hitting machine gunning skills.

It would be a good way to balance them, Borderlands does that with stronger on hit effects, weapons there can vastly differ in fire rates so it was a necessary move.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Dec 7, 2015, 10:02:46 AM
"
Smuschväg123 wrote:
Surgeon flasks were not that op that they deserved a nerf!

gief recharge flask on no crits for non crit builds then
"
Rory wrote:
Spell Damage Progression (Buffed)Most spells have increased in damage by 20% at gem level 20

Flame Totem (Early-game Nerf/Late-game Buff)
Flame Totem was a little too powerful early on, so has been reduced in damage at lower levels. Its damage is very slightly higher at high levels.

very slightly higher sounds like lower than 20% higher, so basically flame totems are in fact nerfed if compared to everything else.
am i wrong?
regarding item trades: i don't check the forum often so don't send me PMs about the items i have for sale, just add me ingame and contact me when i'm online.

i'm usually online for a few hours after 20.00 UTC and a lot more during weekends.
"
dolan_grey wrote:
"
Rory wrote:
Spell Damage Progression (Buffed)Most spells have increased in damage by 20% at gem level 20

Flame Totem (Early-game Nerf/Late-game Buff)
Flame Totem was a little too powerful early on, so has been reduced in damage at lower levels. Its damage is very slightly higher at high levels.

very slightly higher sounds like lower than 20% higher, so basically flame totems are in fact nerfed if compared to everything else.
am i wrong?

The spell buff part does say 'most' and not everything else, assuming that flame totem wasn't considered to need much more damage as other weaker spells but just a touch more at the end game then its still basically being buffed, but the damage increase is clearly minor.
I'm looking forward to the changes to other spells, if they become more viable then maybe the meta won't be full of the same skills but a larger variety (there are always going to be FOTM builds but hopefully not just because they're the most 'effective' per passive point)
"
Rory wrote:
We've reduced the area of effect bonuses available in the tree slightly, but increased the base radius of some skills that were smaller than others like Storm Call and Glacial Cascade, as well as any corpse-destroying effects like Detonate Dead and Abyssal Cry.

The AoE component of Glacial Cascade is directly related to the number of spikes that can hit a single mob. How is the increased AoE working here? Is it straight AoE increase (hence decreasing spike overlap), or adding extra layers (so spike density is unchanged)?

If I had a take on it, I'd say that the latter is somewhat preferable.
A Belligerent Expert System
very good finally spelldmg is viable in hc beginner LOL its strong but yeah feels like dying each time u enter a pack of uncontrolled mobs
got to say GGG for once i am HUGELY disapionted with the changes you are amking i have just got an incenerate charicater to a decent level doing decent damage about 170k the is with the investment of vast amounts of map hours to grind out the currency needed to get the 6l +1 infernal matle made. Whilst it was fun to do this with the end goal in mind a charicter that had decent funtionality, the time and cost effort ivolved make this incinerate skill far from OP.

Sad to see such a reactionary change beinf made, whilst i do see that one of the new support gems could in theory replace the lost damage maybe. I simply do not see the piont in make skills that perform well weaker. It should be far better to make the skills that perform poorly better over all.

That way there willbe a range of skills that can do what we all want. Give us decent survive and dps.

Sad times
I think talisman may have been ruined by some poor chioses from GGG here. Hope i am wrong, i'll be playing just to see.
"
yotmato wrote:
"
_PapaLegba_ wrote:
Sigh where to start.

Firstly, the reddit inbred factory did it again, yay.

GGG, you guys should really quit balancing skills around what people on reddit claim to be OP. Why? Because they're stupid. Why are they stupid? Because they watch a couple of streams of very high-end skilled PoE players that play a certain skill, and deem them to be OP because said streamer is performing super well with them.

Here's where things go south: I've already seen this in this thread mentioned, why not Vaal Spark? A typical inbreddit perception of things being OP while they are clearly NOT. Vaal Spark = far from OP. Im not only talking about currency investment here, to keep up Vaal Spark, but also that without a decent support, and people funneling good layout maps to you, Vaal spark will suck bigtime.

I see the same trend with Incinerate for example. It has marginal clear speed, and it being a semi-ranged/semi-meleee distanced skill while being extremely squishy (block incinerate excluded, but i'll cover that later) is also far from OP. If you only look at raw DPS numbers, and that being your only denominator in deciding things are either OP or not, is just plain stupid.

Now what makes a skill OP? A skill becomes OP if you can clear super fast, do insane amounts of damage, have great survivability and can do end-game content with a low currency investment. These are four denominators, not one. So for example, Block Incinerate has highish DPS, great survivability, awful clear speed and requires a bunch of currency, that's just two out of two, calling it OP is therefor pretty dumb.

While I understand balances should be made, and they are necessary to some extent, I think nerfing skills based on community feedback of people that honestly do not know their rear from their heads, and base everything off of hearsay or watching a highly skilled streamer playing, is something you should really avoid.

I'm sorry for some of my wording, and I'm fully aware that there's decent feedback to be found on Reddit, but mostly it's a bunch of unfounded asscrap. I for one would love to see that GGG starts bringing marginal skills upto par with the INSANELY OP OP skills like Incinerate (can't help myself), rather than good skills performing subpar.

Same goes for cyclone fwiw, and I hope the nerf to PA is actually really based off the new skilltree/support gems added to talisman.

Signed. Rory and Qarl lost the grasp of this game balance long ago, they just look at statistics of how many people are playing X or Y skill and Reddit feedback. Truly annoying.

Incinerate was really slow clearing skill late game. Mid game it was kinda of "more than decent". It should have been buffed on high levels and slightly nerfed on lower levels in my opinion. The only good incinerate build that could clear pretty good late game, was the low life chaos incinerate, but that required some Heavy investment in gear than the other block/rf/random incinerate builds. Why would they even make an official post including "community demanded nerf". How is this even a thing? Changes should be based purely on statistics and data analysis.

WagWan
Last edited by Grigore on Dec 7, 2015, 11:46:46 AM
Anything that dampens the ridiculous Human Beyblade idiocy that is Cyclone is cool by me. I'm sorry, I just cannot take that skill seriously. Every time I see someone/thing using it I just shake my head a little bit and sigh. Nor does it help that CyCloC spammists are the reason regular self-casters can't have nice things. Really, now - I think it's about time to implement a damage cut for CoC, the same way CWDT cuts damage.

Anyways.

My own (intense) dislike for CyCloC nonsense-builds aside, most of this looks interesting. Much like everyone else I'm now down to 'bout fiftyish Alts after rolling a half-dozen or so worthwhile new Surgeon's flasks. Some of the exchange deals I saw for Alts yesterday were insane...part of me wishes I'd stocked up on chaos instead of burning through most of mine making critflasks I'll likely never use. Still, maybe someday I'll be able to offload a couple of those for something worthwhile, or I'll actually have the currency to do a crit build and be glad I have a bunch of extra legacy Surgeon flasks sitting around.

Most of the skill updates are excite. Given my sweet, sweet plans for Shrapnel Shot, Point Blank updates are great, I'll defo take more Arc chains, and anything that lets me not use Blood Magic is a step in the right direction. Non-phys. specific leech in the tree is fantastic (even if casters are still stuck with having to Warlord's Mark the world), and Searing Bond now actually makes sense without Ancestral Bond.

I like. Tell me more, Mr. Rory.
Super great news about leech buffs and mana buffs for melee! Now my late game build won't be so crippled having to use Soul Taker

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info