Map Changes in 2.0.4

I still do not like this mapping system. The old system(pre-awakening) was much better. I'm mostly a solo-player, who creates his own builds, and barely ever trades. Which makes forcing currency on maps very tough, I want to use that currency to upgrade my gear, not to be able to run high level content I should already be able to have access to.

Not every build/skill is top-notch, and not every player is swimming in currency/gear.

Please just go back to the pre-awakening map system, which has an overload of maps for all players, not only the incredibly rich players!
I have to agree with the above. While 2.04 improved the situation, it is still not as satisfactory as pre awakening.
Due to RL constraints, I have not had as much time as I would like to map, particularly since the end of warbands.
I miss higher level Zana! It would be awesome if we could get 76 and 77 maps from her again like before.
Censored.
"
Nephalim wrote:
Bad game design aside, why are people so concerned about getting from 95 to 100? That character just gets shelved as soon as you reach 100 and that's all you get to show for hundreds of hours and god knows how many exalts burned on maps.

For me it has nothing to do with 5 skill points, or even getting to 100. I just have a couple characters that a I worked hard to get to 90 ish and geared out. Now that I finally achieved that, I have only a few T10-12 maps (from pre Awaking) and after running half of those realized I'm likely to never to see one again.

Bottom line, I worked hard to get my characters leveled and geared and now I want to play the end game character I was working on. Only, I can't unless I want to grind mobs that are easily wiped, provide no challenge and just wastes time for trash uniques and T1-6 map drops. I didn't work this hard so I could mindlessly and continually run sub T7 maps.

I really had hoped 2.0 would bring us an entirely new and enhanced end game, but alas it's just more and worse grinding than ever. :(
Nice changes, but well...you might should fix the issue with "Enter map and find yourself at login screen" when your portal is around a lot of corpses.......

That's annoying as hell...I've don't played more than a month now and this issue still persist. This is awful, really really awful. Just wanted to make Zana last, clear stash but wait...Login screen, login screen .... thanks for still not fixing this.
Last edited by Zalkortis on Oct 16, 2015, 3:12:13 PM
I am not a fan of the tier changes ... theres no point to not showing the monster lvl in maps
before entering it. why change something that wasn't broken to begin with?

and that being said I don't find the map drops better than before at all.

when ggg says "increased drop rates" I am starting to believe that means instead of 0.01 chance
per monster to drop a map its now 0.0101

I guess its an increase but I doubt anyone is noticing anything.

I'll still keep playing because I hate myself but fallout comes out soon so at least ill have a
break.

IGN- Shaeyaena
Tiers are... impossible to understand for such a no-brain player like me.
And map pool is, yes, hard and expensive to sustain (especially for those playing alone).

But what apen this evening ? The game crashed two times my maps !! Woooot ? Crash = no more map loot = no drop = ouiiiinnn

"
extract from https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1455137

- During Zana MAP while I came back hide out and attempted to go down by blue-TP, the game auto-exit to loggin screen
every time I log-in and tried to take blue-TP the game auto-exit

- During a MAP the same apened. Impossible to go back, down the opened Map.

It is already hard to find MAP pool... so if I crash during MAPs after having rolled it and put it to the max Q/Q I could...

I stop playing until crashes are fixed : I cant afford loosing an other Map !

Last edited by Hillda on Oct 17, 2015, 4:19:34 PM
"
Promo1987 wrote:
Quiting untill Tiers are removed / made optional!
Yes you may stick with the colour difference, that is enough of a tier system to me.
Relabling is NOT.
Reorganizing 10+ stash tabs of maps to the new tier system is also a NO go and a waste of time.
ohh...the stupidity of some changes made in this game....

It is an annoying unnecessary change. It would be nice if GGG just made an option in the settings to either display maps in tiers or levels like before where it wasn't "broken".
"
thewretched wrote:
"
Promo1987 wrote:
Quiting untill Tiers are removed / made optional!
Yes you may stick with the colour difference, that is enough of a tier system to me.
Relabling is NOT.
Reorganizing 10+ stash tabs of maps to the new tier system is also a NO go and a waste of time.
ohh...the stupidity of some changes made in this game....

It is an annoying unnecessary change. It would be nice if GGG just made an option in the settings to either display maps in tiers or levels like before where it wasn't "broken".

In-game settings/options come with a large cost for both the players and for us. They are a last resort.

The tier change is something we've wanted to do for years and in our testing, it makes the map system easier for new players to understand. I just wish we'd launched with it like that.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
I find both - the map tiers and map drop rate absolutely unsatisfying.

Currently you either spend tons of currency on highend tier maps and hope to get a map drop or play in a party with mostly dumb ppl not even capable to wall in order to minimize costs or shilly- shally in low tier maps.

GG
IGN Soultakerr
Last edited by maikanafufaika on Oct 18, 2015, 6:37:22 AM
"
Chris wrote:

In-game settings/options come with a large cost for both the players and for us. They are a last resort.

The tier change is something we've wanted to do for years and in our testing, it makes the map system easier for new players to understand. I just wish we'd launched with it like that.

Unless I'm misunderstanding the data that's backing this conclusion, I don't really think it's right to say that tiers make the map system "easier to understand." It's difficult to see how removing or obscuring information results in better understanding. It may very well be the case that removing monster level information results in better map running practices that benefit new players. But that doesn't solve the core issue that a new player still doesn't understand that the XP system works vastly differently in maps. XP difference between lower and higher zones is practically none, and the sole determinant of which zones one should play in rests with outrunning the inevitably-increasing XP penalties. So until that information is clearly communicated to the player, they're not "understanding" much of anything. The precedent that this sets is worrying, and I feel the agitation is justified. Not only is it effectively an anti-QoL change for experienced players, it suggests that new player complaining is solved by hiding the information that leads to the perceived problem, rather than better education.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info