Map Changes in 2.0.4

When you initially introduced the "tier" idea I wrote it off as a change that would have no real impact. But, now that I've played with it, I've determined that there is an impact, and it is negative.

I'm so ingrained in the map "level" system that I have to translate tier and level for each map I find or run. Calling them tiers instead of levels is just a needless complication. You claimed that the purpose was to not confuse people about which maps they should be playing at which level, but the monster level is still plainly listed in each map. What's the difference?

Can we switch back to the old system please.
"
Vhlad wrote:
Make that SEVEN T11 maps with near 0 return. Exactly 0 maps in my last one (a Springs, which I chiseled and rolled to 90% quantity, 15% pack size, 40 rarity, and ambush modded). It had 5 strongboxes (all rolled to +3 magic packs minimum, some chaosed into magic packs and extra, such as guarded by a stream of monsters). It had 2 tormented spirits, and I got 1 spirit (poisoner) into the boss. It also had a haku zone, which I fully cleared as well. All breakables, chests, boulders, cairn stones, remaining 0. Not a single map back? No equal or better tier maps seven times in a row, for mid (yellow) tier farming? Continuing to play under these conditions is a complete waste of time and currency.

Edit: up to 9 T11 maps without equal or better return.
Just yolo'd an un-id rare academy (beyond and shocking ground from what I could identify), remaining 0, 0 maps dropped. Before that was another Springs, which I got a T2 and a T3 from.

Throwing in the towel. Going to load up a new game on steam.

Waited a few days before playing again. Tried again, ran a T11 Precinct map:
22% more magic monsters
28% more rare monsters
monsters poison on hit
unique boss deals 30% increased damage
unique boss has 25% increased attack and cast speed
rare monsters each have a nemesis mod
magic monster packs each have a bloodline mod
70% item quantity, 25% rarity, quality 20%
Ambush modded it. Ran each strongbox rare, chaos spam until magic packs or rare packs + extra (stream or exile, etc).
Map had 2 ghosts in it, got 1 ghost to touch an entire strongbox spawn.

Fully cleared to remaining 0, all chests/breakables that I could find included. Results: 1x tropical island map (T1), 1x spider lair map (T3), 1x pier map (T5), 1x canyon map (T8).

So make that 10 T11 maps ran consecutively with no equal or greater return. And getting T1 from T11 is completely asinine.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
The map system sucks, and the map system will continue to suck, is what I fear.

People play the map system not because of the map system, they play it even though it is the map system.

Please, GGG, re-read the last sentence three times and think about it.

At least I do, and I can only do it for so long before I burn out. The map system is not rewarding, it is punishing. It would be okayish if you did not have to spend shitloads of currency or get killed by random technical problems, but in practice you lose currency and sometimes XP, and that is just punishing and sucks really, really, really hard.

That is especially tragic because the system itself is pretty awesome. It is just ruined by the RNG- and currency-gating.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Cherd wrote:
I'm so ingrained in the map "level" system that I have to translate tier and level for each map I find or run.
That's not because you're "ingrained", that's because everything is based upon (area/monster)-level: rare mod tiers, some unique drops, card drops, item lvl... but oh no, players were too "confused" by this system so GGG decided to hide arealevel and with this action make everything perfectly clear. Except they weren't able to properly accomplish even that simple task. Lel.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Bad game design aside, why are people so concerned about getting from 95 to 100? That character just gets shelved as soon as you reach 100 and that's all you get to show for hundreds of hours and god knows how many exalts burned on maps.

The skill point gain is one factor but 5 more skill points won't really be noticeable anyways.

From a year ago, the mapping system has improved so much.
-Every map is now +2 higher level for free,
-zana gives free quantity as well as free maps,
-most crappy maps are bigger and
-the drop rate of low/mid level maps is much better than it was. People run 75 maps for free now where
-strong boxes
-exiles

A year ago you'd have to pay 1-2 chaos but Even back then it was still possible to not lose net currency and self sustain solo 75-76 maps non stop by selling 77/78 and now it's even easier.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 13, 2015, 3:41:25 AM
I just started mapping - and I noticed that way too many maps were dropping in T4-5 maps
"
Vhlad wrote:
Make that SEVEN T11 maps with near 0 return. Exactly 0 maps in my last one (a Springs, which I chiseled and rolled to 90% quantity, 15% pack size, 40 rarity, and ambush modded). It had 5 strongboxes (all rolled to +3 magic packs minimum, some chaosed into magic packs and extra, such as guarded by a stream of monsters). It had 2 tormented spirits, and I got 1 spirit (poisoner) into the boss. It also had a haku zone, which I fully cleared as well. All breakables, chests, boulders, cairn stones, remaining 0. Not a single map back? No equal or better tier maps seven times in a row, for mid (yellow) tier farming? Continuing to play under these conditions is a complete waste of time and currency.

Edit: up to 9 T11 maps without equal or better return.
Just yolo'd an un-id rare academy (beyond and shocking ground from what I could identify), remaining 0, 0 maps dropped. Before that was another Springs, which I got a T2 and a T3 from.

Throwing in the towel. Going to load up a new game on steam.

this is exactly why me and a few friends stop playing. this game should not be called casual game rating at all. GGG should put a warning label saying only hardcore gamers that can spend all day everyday to get anything done in end game. its pointless.

yess this game is awesome so much more you can do in this game then any other, but with a end game system like this that is just no fun unless you play it hardcore not the mode just spend all the time and flipping currancy to maps with a set amount of friends. then it is impossible to sustain mid to high lvl maps.

why do most games have a end game system that is easy and consistant to do. is because less stress and that equals more fun and to a game like all others is about grind. for most the ones who have time that can play all the time or most time out of the day to play and to hit lvl 100 with a solid group of friends congrats, but reality is majority wont and if they struggle to play maps or get maps to play the ones they like then there is no fun at all.

i would rather have maps fall alot around the level of the map you play. i would like to have many choices of maps to play. if there is going to be a grind then it should be fun. hell even if i just was able to sustain 77-79 i would be fucking happy. the highest maps i actually like running is shipyard and courtyard. but most the ones i like lower are mostly 77-79. i could care a less to play much higher since i dont like those maps anyway. to play with friends that now most left the game, because of this now there isn't really a point to play anymore.

people said other games are gimmie and people complain because it is easy or like diablo 3 gives you things like end game rifts or gear. it is in a lot of ways worse then peo. the only thing they got going is a stable end game and end game fun. it is also not that easy even if you get decent gear or levels it still takes skill, but it dont have all the stuff poe gots going for them, but most people are content who can play forever. all day, but for casuals who cant will go to other games.

NOTE TO GGG. YES YOU WANT IT TO BE TOUGH AND MORE CHALLENGING, BUT ATLEAST KEEP IT FUN FOR THOSE WHO ARE CASUAL OR IF YOU DONT WANT CASUAL PLAY THEN MAKE A POST AND LET PEOPLE KNOW THEY SHOULDN'T PLAY YOUR GAME IF THEY CANT PUT A LOT OF TIME IN IT. PEOPLE WILL COME AND GO AND ONCE THEY GET FAR ENOUGH AND JUST STRUGGLE TO PLAY THE BASIC PART OF THE GAME TO KEEP THE MAP POOL THEY WILL LEAVE AND PLAY OTHER GAMES.

EVEN AFTER THE CHANGES PEOPLE STILL HIT LVL 100. BECAUSE THEY ARE DEDICATED AND HAVE ALL THE TIME IN THE WORLD.

THIS GAME IS JUST NO FUN ANYMORE.
rawrawr
soon after the patch,the drop rate seems to be good....but now,it is like "the return of the trashy maps".....how is it still possible to drop a t1 map on a t 13 boss.....? i am asking that because it is now a few day that it happens....all my t12+ maps are now burned and iam back with max t10 maps....pffffff
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Although I did quit the 1months already after the first tempest spawns in the league and thus completing the challenges, the mapping experience so far was so much better from start to 77 pool. Even tho I didn't play for too long there, compared to wb/tmp the experience was several times more rewarding and fun. I am now really waiting towards the next 3 months to test how the pool holds in the last few tiers. In the meanwhile, its nice to have a break after 3 and a half months of mostly active playing.
Quiting untill Tiers are removed / made optional!
Yes you may stick with the colour difference, that is enough of a tier system to me.
Relabling is NOT.
Reorganizing 10+ stash tabs of maps to the new tier system is also a NO go and a waste of time.
ohh...the stupidity of some changes made in this game....

IGNs: [TempCI, Flamin, - Std] / [EK_Tanker - HC]
[Comstark, ShavronnesMistress - Anarchy] [MontreGulsTITANS, - Dom / CLHS_Tank - Nemesis]
[Atziri_Achiever - Ambush] / [ArcerONaRampage - Rampage]

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info