Map Changes in 2.0.4

TLDR;Nerfed map experience rates and SLIGHTLY increased map drop rates. cool. Have fun, everyone!
Played a lot in Warbands, got a lv 93 toon and finished countless maps.

Never got a single 79 map even though I chiseled/rolled all my maps. Most of the time I got stuck in lv 75-76 maps.

Most annoying things of the current map systems are:
1) general drop rate of maps past lv 76
2) extra maps dropped by slain bosses. Lv 68-70 maps from lv 77 map boss? really?

At least the boss should drop map-level or higher if he drops a map. Otherwise there's no real incentive to kill the boss of a challenging endgame map.
"
phmn wrote:
In fact now there is the option of leveling slightly faster because 82 level maps give you more exp...

Da fuck I just read? How many lvl. 82 maps can a casual player affort to buy? One per week? Wow, great.... What? Anyone said something about dropping? How many lvl. 82 maps drop for a casual player in one week? One week? It's more like one per month. Now grab that lvl. 82 map, roll it and sh... .. .. .... ...!

German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
Map tire system explanation for me looks like you try to fix one confuse (noobs confused that they can't do maps equal to their level) not by making it clear but you fixing it by producing bigger confused stuff. Map level at least gives you some relevant info about map. Map tire is just abstract shit without any sense.

You've chosen a path to make things more abstract rather then to make it clear.
Last edited by Novarg on Sep 26, 2015, 3:34:51 PM
All I know is that the current map drop rates are infuriating. Between Tempest and WB I've leveled 4 characters to 90+. In that time I've had a total of 1 80+ map drop. I've put in the time, I've made the characters, but I can't run the maps. What's wrong with this picture?

A few weeks ago I became so sick of 75-76 maps that I vowed to run only 77+ even if I had to spend everything in my stash to buy them. Since then, I can't even tell you how many 77 maps I have purchased at 6-7c a pop (dozens). I chisel them, roll them with 100+ iiq, corrupt them, use frags with them, kill all of the bosses, NOTHING WORKS!!

The last couple of days I was having the best map drop luck that I'd had all league, it was almost comical, AND IT WAS FUN!! I had accumulated 12 77's, 4 78's, and a 79. I've been running them all morning and, as of now, I am completely out of 77-78. I still have my 79 but I don't even want to run it, because I know that nothing will drop! THIS IS NOT FUN!!

What is the point of making end-game content so difficult to obtain? If I did not purchase maps, I wouldn't even be able to maintain 77's. It's ridiculous that I've put in 100's of hours in this league and haven't even seen the inside of 6 of the maps!!!!
"
Cherd wrote:
All I know is that the current map drop rates are infuriating. Between Tempest and WB I've leveled 4 characters to 90+. In that time I've had a total of 1 80+ map drop. I've put in the time, I've made the characters, but I can't run the maps. What's wrong with this picture?

A few weeks ago I became so sick of 75-76 maps that I vowed to run only 77+ even if I had to spend everything in my stash to buy them. Since then, I can't even tell you how many 77 maps I have purchased at 6-7c a pop (dozens). I chisel them, roll them with 100+ iiq, corrupt them, use frags with them, kill all of the bosses, NOTHING WORKS!!

The last couple of days I was having the best map drop luck that I'd had all league, it was almost comical, AND IT WAS FUN!! I had accumulated 12 77's, 4 78's, and a 79. I've been running them all morning and, as of now, I am completely out of 77-78. I still have my 79 but I don't even want to run it, because I know that nothing will drop! THIS IS NOT FUN!!

What is the point of making end-game content so difficult to obtain? If I did not purchase maps, I wouldn't even be able to maintain 77's. It's ridiculous that I've put in 100's of hours in this league and haven't even seen the inside of 6 of the maps!!!!

You just described the exact reason why I will not play this game until a) they truly fix the rates (which will not happen), or b) GGG opens a new substandard league for casuals like me.
"
cathartist wrote:
... You just described the exact reason why I will not play this game until a) they truly fix the rates (which will not happen)...

I second the first part but I really think they will truly fix the drop rates soon (simply because I think they don't want to loose active players at the same rate as in the last weeks). ^^
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
I don't understand how GGG is working, and it seems GGG doing their best to make the top 5% including streamers happy while ignoring everyone else. it's only a matter of time until most of the streamers find another ARPG and they can make more money from streaming that newer game. me and most of my friends quit this game sometime ago, I wish I could play it again but sorry I'm not wasting my time playing lvl 68 maps again (or whatever crappy name GGG come up with), and at the same time I don't want to waste my time in unrewarding game like POE.

I have played so many online and MMO games in the past, some of them just gearing up with a decent gear is way harder than hitting lvl 100 in POE, but at least they were more fun to play because the game is there, no crappy limited RNG based endgame, which I still don't get the whole idea from maps, correct me if I'm wrong but since when ARPGs became about trading only? or since when people need to worry about what they will be playing next time they start their favorite ARPG game? dunnu I guess I'm stupid but I thought ARPGs "from the name" is about killing large amount of monsters and seeing how far you can go with your character and try to beat your highest score by evolving your character even more?. I'm I wrong here? someone please explain it to me? because that's the case in POE, if you don't do any trading you are stuck with lvl 68 maps forever.

Btw don't get me wrong here, trading in online games is fun thing to do, it's fun when you go to a crazy ass area and kill monsters, get loot, maybe something good drops or maybe not, but even when nothing drops currency drops or maybe stuff that is not good but someone out there could use that and is ready to buy those items, all you have to do is drop them in an action trading house or whatever and forget about them *cough lazy azz GGG cough cough* however in poe, the trading here, it seems no different than trading in real life, people go to a third party websites to sell real life stuff, same as in poe -.-, so yea if I'm going to trade that way, I would rather do trading in real life and make actual money out of it rather than trading in poe to make some useless digital currency that won't do me anything good (and btw I do feel sorry for some of the (notice I didn't say all here I said SOME of the) "players" who waste their time opening shops and other crap, it seems they don't know the difference between video game and real life to a point they treat trading in this game like they were trading for real stuff in real life).

on the good side Devilian seems coming out soon, whether it was pay 2 win or not, for someone like me who only care about killing monsters that won't be a big deal, 1 thing I know, that game will have more stuff to do than POE even if it had less amount of areas than POE does. I'm sure they will be opened for all the players and not only the top 5%.

on another good side, I'm glad that GGG is only controlling POE, otherwise videogames will be very boring as hell that only 5% of the people in the world would be playing them.

Last edited by NBlackLotusN on Sep 26, 2015, 6:42:59 PM
My 2 cent in.

The problem is the logic behind the map drop rates.

I get great drop rates with level 75 maps. I can keep a nice pool of maps if I do level 75 maps.

As soon as I try to the 76-79 maps, the map drops goes down by 1/100.

The logic behind maps 76 and above, we will decrease the drop rates.
That makes no sense to me.

If you want to decrease the drop rates make the maps harder to finish.

WHY DO I GET BETTER REWARDS WHEN I FINISH A LEVEL 75 MAP THAN A LEVEL 78?
THATS WHAT IS BROKEN, FIX THAT LOGIC AND THE PROBLEM WILL GO AWAY !

Changing the time to get to 100 is disappointing. Very poor decision to gate this off even further from people who don't play 24/7.

Otherwise I like these changes.
https://www.pathofexile.com/shop - Support Path of Exile!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info