Master Crafting Metamods

"
Gixxerdude wrote:
The rate of chaos to exalt in warbands has made me not even interested in logging in. By the time I accumlate enough chaos orbs, I can't even trade them up, as the price has jump so far. And this includes using the 2c recipe to farm 40 or so c a day.

It's disgusting and brings forth terrible memories of D3 level rng.

So the first day you farm 40c and the c:ex ratio is 70:1. On the second day, you farm another 40c but the c:ex ratio has jumped to at least 81:1. Day three, you farm another 40c but damn if the ratio hasn't blown up by ~50% to 121:1. You just can't accumulate chaos fast enough to trade for exalts!

Come on.

Dropping the hyperbole, an exalt every two (until ratio goes over 80:1) or three days isn't that bad. It may be worse than in any other league ever, but it's a far cry from "I can't even trade them up."

"
Vinwolfy wrote:
Just to chip in my 2 cents worth. I am a new player who just reached Act 4 Cruel so crafting is still new to me. When I looked up information on scouring orb, I will assume it will remove all mods on an item. However, when I read about the master crafting mod, my impression is this crafting method should overwrite scouring orb.

In my opinion as someone just getting my feet wet in this game, I think this is more a case of players blinding believing some streamers rather than use their own common senses and experiment with stuff which is also exactly what the developer expect to see. To me, this is more a case of the sheep accusing the farmer when the dog lead them the wrong way.

The problem is the wording chosen for the item text, the wording chosen in the original patch notes, and the fact that poe places tremendous emphasis on literal interpretation of wording:

increased/reduced
less/more
attack/spell

Using common sense and the sacrosanctity of literal word usage, players would arrive at the exact opposite conclusion regarding scouring and XX cannot be changed master mods. The patch notes said "They affect the rules of what mods can be added or changed on an item." Chris said in this manifesto that "Removal counts as a change." But the patch notes didn't say that. The patch notes specifically included "added" but did not include its inverse, "removed."

Applying common sense and knowledge of general poe mechanics would lead players to believe that "removed" is specifically not included.

If the patch notes had instead said "They affect the rules of what mods can be changed on an item," then it would retrospectively make sense once someone discovered through experimentation that the mod could affect adding or removing other mods and it could accurately be said that "removal" or "addition" counts as a "change."

Either "added" should have been removed from the original notes or "removed" should have been added. This is the only thing I find inappropriate in this whole situation.
I just wanna point out one thing. More or less like everything in life , DELETE overrides any CHANGE, try to change some file save it and click delete on it. Check your recycle bin. Ty
Thank you for the clarification.
Last edited by toyotatundra on Aug 20, 2015, 10:11:15 PM
Edit - never mind, I just give up.
Last edited by uncle_jim on Aug 20, 2015, 10:07:59 PM
This is so stupid not to add this to the patch notes. This completely breaks the economy and outrages the community. GGG is filled with really smart people and I feel like you should re-evaluate adding stuff like this to patch notes in the future so the whole community is not blind to this.
"Removes all properties from an item."

You might want to google the word 'all', because CLEARLY the above is not what is happening.
God, this is so ****ing dumb. Just admit when you ****ed up.
"
Zed_ wrote:
Some of the information revealed in the recent days was heavily gated by wealth. I find it bizarre that you were OK with a major feature of your mini-expansion going unrecognized by the majority of your playerbase for an entire year.

Reposting this line out of Zed_'s post because it says so much.
Casually casual.

Shame on you, Chris.
IGN: Pockey
People actually thought you are going to fix it.

There was an actual hysteria yesterday, people were making as many +3 as they could, by the end of the day prices on scours in Standard went from 40:1ex to 20:1ex (not sure if somebodys been buying em but flippers were yelling out loud). Some guy posted like 30 +3 staffs and bows and thought he will become rich, if not today then tomorrow fo sho.

Then this happens.
Last edited by Teplokot on Aug 20, 2015, 10:39:21 PM
"
Teplokot wrote:
People actually thought you are going to fix it.

Nothing to fix, it's working as intended.

The only discussion here is whether GGG should have disclosed this from the get-go.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info