Added Cold Damage

It will not affect curses because they don't deal damage in the first place and can't get any additional damage.
Just to clarify: does the increase in chill duration on the gem refer to only the chill ailment or also to the freeze ailment as well?
Chill duration applies to chill. You need freeze duration to apply to freeze.
what does chill duration accomplish? slowing the mobs longer does not give me anything at all as I spam my skills all day long. is there a single talent build that does not spam something and acctually can profit from chill duration?
You need to hit a certain duration for the Chill to take effect in the first place. Chill duration makes it easier to hit that treshold duration. The Mechanics thread in Beta General goes into detail.
Why is this gem green... I decided to see if I could build a frost nova templar then realized this is green...
I guess I will just use added lightning since that is blue lol.
Doesn't make any sense to me.

PS all the good support gems seem to be solely based for a ranger.
PPS oh god I just realized cold penetration is green as well...
Cold is Dex's element, just like Fire is Strength's and Lightning is tied to Int.
Dex is about being faster than your opponent. That's a lot easier to accomplish if your enemy is slower.

I don't really see how that's an issue though. It's not hard to get a bit of Dex.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
Cold is Dex's element, just like Fire is Strength's and Lightning is tied to Int.
Dex is about being faster than your opponent. That's a lot easier to accomplish if your enemy is slower.

I don't really see how that's an issue though. It's not hard to get a bit of Dex.

That makes sense. I see the cost isn't too bad so its not such a big deal after all.
Hi guys.

I tried to use this support on my spark dual totem build.

But with crit hit, i don't see any chill/freeze. It does cold damage(i see some pieces of ice when hit)but nothing happen.

If i understand good what i've read, it's cause i don't deal enough damage with spark so i haven't got time to see the effet, right ?

Thank for answers :)
(and sorry for my english if u don't understand some things)
Last edited by Upsilla on Mar 19, 2013, 5:32:01 PM
The duration is based on Damage dealt versus the target's Maximum Life. Check the Mechanics thread in Beta General if you want more exact information on how that works :)

Spark itself reduces the damage added by the Support gem with the Damage Effectiveness modifier, and then the Totem Support gem reduces it further. You're left with terribly little Cold damage, even on a Crit.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Mar 19, 2013, 9:25:45 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info