Viper Strike

"

It's not in an altogether bad place now.

I don't share the same opinion.
Skill in its current state:
-scales better with physical nodes, than DOT ones, which is ridiculous
-is now weapon dependent
-poison damage is meh
Skill in it's current form is puncture #2, but much weaker. Change made DOT nodes obsolete (well, not exactly, it's safe to say PA got its own personal nodes).
I can't find a single reason to use VS instead of puncture as a single target skill. I mean as a "tricky", hit and run skill. For facetanking people will get HS/DS and can't be wrong DPS wise.

What's the point of VS even exist? It sucks, compared to close competitors (puncture, anyone?). It's in the same boat now with the rest of the weapon dependent physical skills, which use to perform much better...

This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
viper strike had weapon requirements before.
new viper strike stacks, thus usable as main skill unlike before (which was nice but not that strong because people don't want to wait AND some regen mobs are a bit stronger)
the rest, oops?
In short, the problem is that Viper Strike got turned into something that already exists.
The new form, while potentially better in the so called "Endgame", doesn't do anything that other skills don't already do better.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
torturo wrote:
"

It's not in an altogether bad place now.

I don't share the same opinion.
Skill in its current state:
-scales better with physical nodes, than DOT ones, which is ridiculous
-is now weapon dependent
-poison damage is meh
Skill in it's current form is puncture #2, but much weaker. Change made DOT nodes obsolete (well, not exactly, it's safe to say PA got its own personal nodes).
I can't find a single reason to use VS instead of puncture as a single target skill. I mean as a "tricky", hit and run skill. For facetanking people will get HS/DS and can't be wrong DPS wise.

What's the point of VS even exist? It sucks, compared to close competitors (puncture, anyone?). It's in the same boat now with the rest of the weapon dependent physical skills, which use to perform much better...

Actually DoT nodes are multiplicative with VS in the same way that Burn works. Now if there was Chaos Penetration....
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
If there was chaos penetration there wouldn't have been a single reason to joke with this skill in such a bad way :)
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
If there was Chaos Penetration, Pen still wouldn't apply to Damage over Time. :/
Last edited by Vipermagi on Nov 24, 2014, 9:15:40 AM
I don't believe it's impossible to twist this certain penetration in a way to work with chaos dot, if the "on hit" is such a brake. Something like: chaos damage will inflict a (hidden/non- displayed?? curse) on affected monsters, which lowers chaos resistance. Could be embedded in the hybrid chaos nodes as % chaos pen.
Or a mechanic close to incr. burning damage (could be a support gem this way), but for chaos dot? Why not.

Sounds better, than constantly reworking a skill to the point it lost it's identity.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 24, 2014, 11:30:45 AM
The problem with that implementation is, it'd also apply to any other Chaos Damage the target is taking. Also, why not just make it an actual honest-to-God Curse at that point?
I guess if it's done as a viable curse, it won't leave space for vuln, and/or there's a risk that all chaos users will have to get a specific node, or a ring, to double curse.
But if it's implemented as a chaos degen buff gem, or hybrid nodes, it'll be better for theorycrafting(requires a gem slot/points), will be easier to balance and adjust, and will be targeted at PA/VS only, they need it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Last edited by torturo on Nov 25, 2014, 4:01:06 AM
RIP viper strike.

Basically, anything you do with this skill will work better with puncture in the skill's current state.
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info