Spark

hey guys,
just wondering if spark pierces can it damage the same target again if it bounces back?
triple totem spark lagger:
soul mantle:
spark-gmp-lmp-fork-faster projectiles-incresed duration/knockback :d
I have played 5 Spark characters in the past two months. 4 dead so far, but I decided to reroll Spark again. Spark has become one of my favourite skills to use.

Character history:
Witch lvl72
Witch lvl71
Witch lvl78
Witch lvl85
Witch lvl61 (current character, still alive)

The mechanics of Spark generally make for good clear speed. Spark covers a huge AoE (which might sound riduculous, but it's true if you scale it correctly) which makes clearing packs efficient. The damage is pretty high as well, making it a good choice for single target as well.
Recent changes to Pierce on the passive tree, the addition of Spell Echo and also the recently added Herald of Thunder passively buffed Spark a lot and made it a lot better for self casting. I actually tried dual totem once (this patch, that is) and really disliked it. I then specced out of dual totem and replaced Spell Totem with Spell Echo, which more than doubled my clear speed.
I tried both crit and non-crit. It's easier to get a consistently fast clear speed without crit, but crit is also powerful if you have the gear to support it.

The only thing I dislike about Spark is that it is a ground projectile, or let's say: I dislike the way ground projectiles work. I have a hard time fighting leap frogs because Spark can't hit them most of the time and I'm pretty much doomed to fail when Raging Spirits appear on an Eleron quest. I really would like to see a change to the way Spark (and ground projectiles in general) act in certain situations.

To sum it up:
I think Spark is in a really good spot right now. Clear speed against packs and bosses is good, but it's certainly no Discharge that just oneshots everything (but Vaal Spark does that, which technically is Spark as well :P) . Spark is not weak, but neither is it one of the best skills in the game. I'd say it's right in the middle and one of the more balanced (as in not too bad, not too good) skills in it's current state.

People who think Spark is bad are probably stuck with the Spark they knew back in Anarchy/Onslaught, when everyone played Dual Spork. The 'old' Spark isn't good in the current meta game. However the skill itself is, if you use it correctly.
Last edited by Reizoko on Oct 30, 2014, 12:02:53 PM

Self cast with low lvl gem clears lvl70 maps EZPZ

Pierce from the tree and fork make for a perfect combo.

Tried pierce lmp gmp and chain in pretty much all combos but pierce passives + fork work the best

Have 30% crit without PC and will grab some more. Currently lvl 75 and it is a lolstomp

Spark is a great skill right now.
Any comments on playing a Sparker (yes, not a Sporker per se) this league?

More specifically, Bloodlines?

Im level 45 Spark right now rocking a Tabula Rasa 6L.
Have to say... decent (not the best) clearspeeds, but hell lots of fun :)
'
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Mar 9, 2015, 3:26:39 PM
Played a few Sparky casters last few leagues. It's very decent for clear speed, but it's downright terrible vs flying mobs, doors, ledges, desync ... Mostly, it needs to stop being a ground projectile, and a slight buff to duration.

EDIT: You know what? No, Spark doesn't need to stop being a Ground Projectile, it's part of the play-style. But it does need to be able to hurt "Flying" mobs like Skulls and jumpers. That alone would go a LONG way, anything else like more Duration / Proj Speed / Pierce would only be a bonus.

EDIT2: Seriously, I love you GGG, but adding yet MORE Flying enemies isn't cool if you want to have Spark and other Ground Skills used. If it slows down play, it will NOT be used.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Last edited by CantripN on Apr 11, 2015, 11:15:26 AM
"
SirKalkanor wrote:
hey guys,
just wondering if spark pierces can it damage the same target again if it bounces back?

i have noticed a spark can hit the same mob again IF the spark turns
i have seen spark hitting the same target up to 3 or 4 times without bouncing
Is there any chance that spark duration would be buffed to 2 seconds atleast?
Spark duration feels to small, its underwelming without increased duration from the tree.

Could we also see an increase in the number of projectiles with the lvl progression of the gem ? from 3 at lvl1 to 5 at lvl 20 for exemple
-

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info